3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   I have lost weight! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/131774-i-have-lost-weight.html)

GinaXOXO 01-18-2008 02:55 PM

I have lost weight!

I have finally lost weight. Now that I am aware that I eat for emotional reasons, I really feel like I am able to control myself a little more. It use to be so hard to be on any diet program. I rarely could sting 7 good days together.

I know there are lurkers so I want to share what specifically is helping me:
  • exercise--really pushing myself and sweating--not just because of calories but also helps me feel good about myself, sleep better, and have less idle time.
  • keeping my house tidy and doing my chores daily (my cause of stress and feeling worthless)
  • using Weight Watchers flex plan to make sure that I am not over-eating
  • journaling my food
  • being open-minded

I have lost 9 pounds! For me that is a really big deal. Before now I just didn't stick with anything. If I lost 3 pounds I would gain 2 the next week. And so it goes. I am so relaxed right now and that makes me believe that I can do this for a lifetime.

Gina

IzzieBella77 01-18-2008 03:55 PM

Hi Gina - I think it is great that you have the mentality that you could do this for the rest of your life. I completely understand the lose 3 gain 2, although I often lose 2 and gain 3! 9 lbs is a huge accomplishment! Thanks for sharing your experience - I'll keep looking for updates from you!

aerotigergirl 01-18-2008 05:18 PM

Congratulations, Gina! 9 lbs is HUGE! :high: And it sounds like you've got the right attitude, so you're well on your way! Keep up the great work!

GinaXOXO 01-21-2008 02:44 PM

Thank you both. I didnt think of it at the time but I am half way to my first goal!! I can't even tell you how many times I have set a goal but didn't fulfill it. I think breaking down the 30-40 pounds is helping. My first goal is to lose 20 and later I will set 10 pound goals.

aerotigergirl: WTG on your marathon. That is a great goal. Last night I had a dream that my teenage sons and I ran in a marathon--I think it is something I would like to do but I really don't think I have the stay-with-it-ness to do it. Anyway, last night I got first place for 40 year old women. :o
Gina

Serena C 01-21-2008 06:26 PM

That's great, Gina! I think you're right about breaking down those goals. I always used to think I had to set a goal of losing ALL the weight I need to lose. But now I'm breaking it up into smaller sections, and it's so much more doable. I don't know why I was putting such huge pressure on myself! When I reach the intermediate goals, I can always set new ones.