Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-07-2007, 06:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

Default Breaking up is hard to do

Dear Cornflakes,

We've been friends for a long time. You were with me even after I got out of those unhealthy relationships with BP Cookies, Little Debbie, Mrs. Fields and Betty Crocker. I appreciate that.

I've joined a new circle of friends with your help, meeting the Kashi Cereals, Oat Squares, Frosted Mini-Wheats, CHex and Life. You're a great group of girls, but I, uh, don't think we should see eachother any more.

You're fun...but too fun. I wake up the next morning realizing I took ate most of a huge box of any one of you. I can't live like this, it's just not healthy.
I guess it's the opposite of traditional break ups. It definetely isn't you...it's totally me.

I do much better on my eating plan when you guys aren't just behind the pantry door...ready to be eaten dry or with a dousing of milk, and unfortunately, I've tried to repackage you guys in serving size baggies, but that doesn't work, either... It's time to say goodbye.

I thank you all for the good times that we had, watching movies together, making snack mixes, mindless munching.. yeah, those were good times...but I have to think of me right now.

I know that you're probably upset with me, and I can accept that. Maybe over time you will understand where I'm coming from. Maybe we'll be able to be friends later, but for now...don't call me. I'll call you.

OG.
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:44 PM   #2  
Kristina

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

lol...that is way too funny! I love cereal too - but mine is Cinnamon toast crunch - not even healthy - so I never buy it!
Prissiroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:50 PM   #3  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

That is HILLARIOUS! Because i just broke up with my cereal too... I know it's going to take time, but i'll eventually get over it! I don't want to go on the rebound with cereal bars though...
leah_0600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:13 AM   #4  

I am in the process of breaking up with lucky charms and cocoa puffs, moving on to total and special k with fresh fruit. Breaking up is hard to do! Good luck with your new friends.
Newbie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:52 AM   #5  
Mel

I'm trying to break up with peanut butter It's totally me, too. Unfortunately, every breakup leads to a new bad relationship.

Best wished for you!
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:49 AM   #6  
bringing sexy back

S/C/G: 241/ticker/140

Height: 5"6'

OG - would you mind if I altered your letter a bit and sent it to my love, Dr. Pepper? I tried telling him it's OVER but he is just a little slow in understanding I guess.. I need some way to get through to the good Dr.

Good Luck kissing Cornflakes goodbye!

Bree
mommy2monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

It's a tough one. There are days when I do very well with the Kashi cereals, but corn flakes? That box is [I]gone[I]. I've even been known to eat the cornflake crumbs used in cooking. I'll sit down w/ the box and a spoon... For the most part I no longer feel tempted by foods like cakes,candy bars or cookies...but those healthier cereals are my downfall. It's kind of the pits because I've replaced crappy food (candy)with healthier food ( cereals ) and now I have to rid my home of those ( sigh.)

Last edited by Optical Goddess; 10-08-2007 at 02:41 PM.
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:16 PM   #8  

Height: 5'2"

Haha! I love it! I broke up with my snack cake addiction today at the supermarket. Those 100 calorie packs are never enough on their own, lol. Thanks for sharing!
Getupandgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:15 PM   #9  

Oh cini toast cruch and cocopuffs are my forbiden love

My mouth is salivating sadly as I have not even looked at them in months. Just last week at work someone was having a bowl and i just wanted to whiff his cereal - just a whiff i swear - but i did not want to look TOO strange.
chickyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:58 PM   #10  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Hehe...this reminds me of something I saw on YouTube the other day. I'm on a very low carb diet. I have a turbulent relationship with refined carbs/sugar, and I really need to just keep it out of my life. I'll link the video, but CAUTION, please: This video does contain some swearing/adult content, so watch with caution and out of the ear shot of kiddies/coworkers. http://youtube.com/watch?v=-kGvtne2zfo
After watching it, I was thinking of writing letters to those foods, too.

Last edited by Azure; 10-15-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:42 AM   #11  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

Default Breaking Up

Please allow me to say a final good riddance and a kick out the door to soda, chocolate, and any other food i loved ( past tense ) that was responsible for the kidney stones that kept me in excruciating pain in the hospital for 3 days this week.

We had a good, long, torrid affair full of secret meetings and yummy times. Now it is over and i don't want to see you ever again. Don't whisper to me from the shelves when i'm shopping. i won't be waiting for your call. The love you gave was temporary and ultimately damaging to my mind, my body, and my soul. i can do better than you.
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:51 AM   #12  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

chicky
Ohhhhhhhhhh I haven't thought about Cinnamon toast crunch in years. Thanks lol

Pop, I no longer let be the majority of my fluid intake. We aren't as good of friends as we use to be. Do have to say I like the little 100 calorie carrot cakes. Just enough for me. Like the weight watchers chocolate snack cakes better, just enough to get the sweet money off my back. Pretzel's were my big thing. They had to go I don't even wave to them in the super market.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-19-2007 at 09:54 AM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Your post caught my eye -- thanks for a good laugh. I had a similar problem with my old friend "Quaker Oat Squares" and wrote a similar Ode to commemorate the end of my relationship with them.

My problem is that the Kashi Go Lean Crunch may be next!!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote