Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-19-2007, 10:39 PM   #1  

Default I can't believe it!!

so i went out to dinner with my mother and sisters today and we decided to go to applebees.
i was really nervous because everytime we go out to eat i always end up binging and feeling gross and nauseous. and i did think "this is only one time, i don't always eat out, i can eat whatever just this once" and i figured i have stop making excuses for myself and pull my act together
so we went and i checked the weight watchers menu and had two meals!! the onion soup and the cajun tilapia and made sure to drink club soda, nothing else - cuz i can really drink my calories' worth when it comes to their sweetened raspberry iced tea
it all came out to 470 calories and i am not in the least bit overly full!
i am just shocked that i did it.
i am on a real high right now lol
Anybody have any personal overcoming temptation stories?
Bean87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/155/150

Height: 5'8

Doesn't it feel so good to be in control and not feel so overstuffed? I enjoy going out to dinner with my husband (peace away from two teens)and in order to stay on "my healthy eating plan" I always order grilled fish and double veggies and I do have a glass of wine or two.. and I really enjoy not feeling like a stuffed cow Congrats!!! Applebees is great for lowcal good meals!!! Sue
samra1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

That’s great!! Doesn’t it feel good to overcome those temptations? On Tuesday I went to my first weigh in at my Weight Watchers meeting, which is right next to Panera. All day I was thinking how after the meeting I was going to Panera to get a nice big sandwich, I even saved enough points for it so I actually could have eaten it and been within my point range. I kept debating whether I should get it or not though because I should really use my points for good-for-me food. Well after that meeting I just got right in the car and drove on by Panera and went home for a yummy salad. It was a great moment for me because that’s just so hard for me to do.
Flutterby873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Planning ahead

I found that most restaurants have nutritional info on their websites now. I've printed out the info and have a whole notebook ready to go. Now anytime the family wants to order out/go out I just look at the menu at home and decide what is safe for me to have before I order. It really helps me not fall back on the reflex ordering I used to do.
Supersub is offline   Reply With Quote