Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-24-2007, 11:17 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 150/143/115

Height: 5'4"

*sigh* I just binged.. I felt I was doing better... I was not under any sort of stress, and yet, I just binged.

I just ate, within about 30 minutes, something like 1200 calories worth of cereal, plus 300/400 calories of crackers.

I'm so disappointed. It's strange how, as long as you're eating, it just doesn't seem *real*... it's all way too fast, you don't realize what's going on until it's done.

Now I don't know what to do with myself... I want to burn it all off but I know that's not possible. I want to eat nothing else until tomorrow, but given that it's not even noon, I know that's not likely to happen either. I'm so confused!
RubySoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:11 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 194/192/145

Height: 5'3

Unhappy binge eating disorder HELP!!

I haven't been on this thread in MONTHS and it feels really bad to be back..(Im sorry to say because everyone here is so sweet)

I am so disgusted wiith myself...I can't take it, my family is not supportive of me no matter how many times i tell them what i need them to do...they listen for a little and they they go shopping and it seems what i said went in one ear and out the other if i have trigger foods dont buy them how hard is that??!?!

uggghhhhh

I am trying out for my highschool cheer team in 1 month and we have to do jumps...mine look really bad so that making me feel bad

no one thinks i can make the team either =(

i had lost about 8 lbs and i have gained it all back and then some

i feel like a slob and i dont know what to do i have a therapist who doesnt know what to do with me and i went to an eating disorder facility adn they dont have anything for me. i feel like no one can help me im just going ot be addicted to food forever!
KristenElizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:34 PM   #48  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenElizabeth View Post
I haven't been on this thread in MONTHS and it feels really bad to be back..(Im sorry to say because everyone here is so sweet)

I am so disgusted wiith myself...I can't take it, my family is not supportive of me no matter how many times i tell them what i need them to do...they listen for a little and they they go shopping and it seems what i said went in one ear and out the other if i have trigger foods dont buy them how hard is that??!?!

uggghhhhh

I am trying out for my highschool cheer team in 1 month and we have to do jumps...mine look really bad so that making me feel bad

no one thinks i can make the team either =(

i had lost about 8 lbs and i have gained it all back and then some

i feel like a slob and i dont know what to do i have a therapist who doesnt know what to do with me and i went to an eating disorder facility adn they dont have anything for me. i feel like no one can help me im just going ot be addicted to food forever!
Whoa, we seem to be going through the site at the same time at the moment!!

Ok, for 1, you are NOT a slob..... you exercise and I am sure that you take care of yourself otherwise, so get that thinking out of your head.

Secondly, an unsupportive family is pretty difficult to deal with but it can be done. I have had the same problem. To help yourself and them understand what you are going through maybe ask them and your therapist to do a family session. I did that a little while back and it helped my parents realize how difficult this is for me and how they can help me through it. It was really worth it.
I don't know anything about eating disorders clinics but, you might be interested in going to a support group for people with eating disorders (there are also family ones and a pretty active one located in north/central NJ). That might be somewhere else you can go for support and understanding from other real live people who can help.

And keep in mind that there is HOPE. This doesn't have to be forever. You can be proactive and help yourself rid this "demon." It is difficult, but you CAN do it!! Just like you CAN do everything to get in shape for this cheer team and tryout.......... and make it or not you can at least hold your head up high for trying. Many people don't even do that, they let fear hold them back. You are showing a lot of strenght of character.

Please don't give up.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:15 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Angry

I came home to a less-than-ideal supper of two 100 calorie bags of popcorn and two chocolate chip rice cakes with two tbs Cool Whip Light. Then some fruit & 3 more TB of cool whip. I could have been fine with that, even if it was a little out of control.
But unfortunately, I kept going. There was about a quarter of the Cool Whip left, so I dumped some SF cocoa in, cocunut flavoring and mixed it all together.
Then ate about 30 marshmallows.
I had such a headache afterwards, and I was so tired.
NEVER again! I looked at myself in the mirror and said, "I'm beautiful, slim, and I have a hot body. I can't keep abusing myself like this."
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:41 AM   #50  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
my family is not supportive of me no matter how many times i tell them what i need them to do...they listen for a little and they they go shopping and it seems what i said went in one ear and out the other if i have trigger foods dont buy them how hard is that??!?!
This may not be an option for you, but when I got my drivers license, I took over the grocery shopping and some of the cooking for my family. I plan out a few healthy meals on the weekend (make sure they are healthy things that your family will actually eat!) and ususally double the recipie so there's enough for lunch the next day. My parents were SO happy not to have the hassle of grocery shopping (Kroger turns my mom into a raving lunatic). I write a check and the next day, one of my parents deposits the money into my account.

Like I said, I don't know if this is an option for you, but if it is, I say try it. If you're the one shopping, you decide what goes in the cart. You can avoid your trigger foods, earn brownie points with the parents, and become a mad good cook! Win/win.
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:23 AM   #51  
Jazzercise away the fat!!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

At least I'm not the only one with food issues. This past weekend was my DH's birthday, so we went out to eat. I actually did really good with the food thing, but then I had 8 glasses of wine!!!! Then the next day, I ate well again, but I had almost a whole carton of OJ!! Maybe I am a fluid binger. I seriously couldn't get enough.
mamaplots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:59 PM   #52  
Shaping up!

I just had cake, chocolate, candy, chips, and cheese doodles. I feel like I had no control. And of course last night, I swore that I would eat right today. It just doesn't seem to happen.
free 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:41 AM   #53  

Here's my confession:
I had a horrible week. just horrible.
I had about 4 binge days in the week. this is after 15 days in a row binge free. *sigh*
tomorrow's a new day, a new week. I will start again, and hopefully I can get this under control this time.
sunnystorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:09 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Hi, this is my first time posting here but... I feel really bad, and if I told my friends all they'd do is call me stupid and make me feel bad when I already do.

My mom passed away in February, and I've pretty much been dealing with the stress of being the breadwinner since my dad is out of a job... it all added up and I ended up at 175 after my initial weight loss down to 165.

I went to Wal-Mart last night, I bought a bag of Sunchips, a package of (3 servings) Jerky Nuggets and a carton of Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream, I didn't care for the ice Cream, I only had one scoop.

I ate the entire package of Jerky and 1/2 the bag of Sunchips (6 Servings?) I felt so terrible but I didn't purge it, when I woke up I had gained 4 lbs.

I felt so terrible, I went to work and only had 2 cups of Coffee... came home, and ate the rest of the bag of Sunchips... then threw it up.

I've only purged three times in my life, and this wasn't even that big of a binge... I don't know what's wrong with me, I guess it's just the stress getting to me...
shannonanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:32 PM   #55  

You are not stupid.
And you do not need to feel bad.

Abusing food and your body is purely a response to your stresses/situation, and is no reflection upon you as a bad person.
Until recently - very recently! - my reaction to ANY bad thing was to stuff myself, then starve, then...etc. Lately however, I've lost my appetite when things get rough.

However, I've also gotten over periods of bingeing before now by trying to work through whatever feelings are causing me to binge, sharing them with friends/a family member...keeping a journal..its all about your feelings. Whether through counselling, being creative etc, you HAVE to work them out and away, or else you WILL just keep bingeing etc.
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:47 AM   #56  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

I'm so glad i found this thread!!I was thinking of starting one like this i thought it would be a great source of help. I am on WW and have been doing so well even with sometimes binging in the week i still have a loss. I feel so much better cos my binges were almost everday before and now they are only 1 day a week and i've found the most valuable thing is to excercise after a binge and write down everything that passes my lips. I've also surrounded myself with lots of foods low in points so when i feel i need to binge i have loadsa low point foods to binge on. I feel like i'm a recovering binger....just wanted to share. It's wierd cos i'm begnning to accept this is a part of me, b4 i would give up on my plan and just give in but now i know that it will change slowly and everytime i do binge it becomes less and less, and the things i crave are totally different to before. Just want to gve you all hope that we can all change. Cos i feel like i am...no more self sabotage. As someone previously said 'i'm a beautiful woman i don't need to abuse my body like this'
SlimmingWorldChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:28 PM   #57  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Wow, finally a place where I can actually talk about what I do among people who understand. Yesterday and today I've been binge-free but I ATE LIKE A MONSTER at dinner on Sunday (after having done really well all day long) and Saturday's lunch simply lasted the rest of the day. I've been trying to understand my triggers. Food trigger is absolutely carbs. Once I get started eating sweets or starches, it's like something takes over my body that makes my hands reach and my mouth chew and never stop until the food is gone. Emotional triggers are many different negative things: boredom, sadness, anxiety, frustration. There are more; the list is long. I just married a man who is naturally thin and doesn't eat for any reason except hunger. I cannot discuss this with him because he wouldn't understand. I'm so happy to have found all of you!
Liannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:23 AM   #58  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinRockingChair View Post
You are not stupid.
And you do not need to feel bad.

Abusing food and your body is purely a response to your stresses/situation, and is no reflection upon you as a bad person.
Until recently - very recently! - my reaction to ANY bad thing was to stuff myself, then starve, then...etc. Lately however, I've lost my appetite when things get rough.

However, I've also gotten over periods of bingeing before now by trying to work through whatever feelings are causing me to binge, sharing them with friends/a family member...keeping a journal..its all about your feelings. Whether through counselling, being creative etc, you HAVE to work them out and away, or else you WILL just keep bingeing etc.

Sometimes it's easier to just eat these problems away the're just too difficult to sit and work through them. How do you cope with this? Some things are just too painful to talk about..t
SlimmingWorldChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:55 PM   #59  

Yes, some things are very painful to talk about.

You have to kinda...well, for me, I got to a point where it was like "Talking about my problems CANT be any worse than this hellish place where I'm a) lonely b) abusing food c) feeling terrible about a) and b).

Feelings can't kill you. BUt suppressing them can. Neither choice- to eat feelings or to talk about them - is easy. Otherwise, no one would have problems. But the talking, I'd now take that any day. Just the relief of no longer being alone, no longer having to eat my issues.

It hurts a lot when you really start to dissect and face and talk about problems. But after a time, a new confidence and pride in yourself emerges. The problems either get solved, OR you learn better coping mechanisms...if you are lucky, perhaps both. Either way, facing stuff, HUGE rewards.
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #60  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Unhappy

I haven't been here in a while. But I felt I should today. We ordered out tonight because we both just did not feel up to cooking, etc. I had a steak hoagie and instead of only eating half, I ate the whole entire thing, which was WAY too much for me. Well it all came back up because I over stuffed myself and I already know why. My grandpa died (he's technically my "Step" grandpa, but still my grandpa) and I was just a bit upset and so instead of stopping when my body said, "STOP!!!!" I didn't. So my stomach was like, "EVERYBODY OUT!" I felt instantly better afterwards, but learned my lesson, as I HATE throwing up.

Anyways there is my confession...............I feel so stupid.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote