3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Binge-free Week, Jan 22nd Start (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/102750-binge-free-week-jan-22nd-start.html)

telemetrynurse 01-22-2007 02:25 PM

Binge-free Week, Jan 22nd Start

This is a thread to challenge ourselves to remain binge free for one week. Some of us make it, and some of us don't, but we all give it our best effort. It doesn't have to be an entire week. Some of us take it hour-by-hour. Whatever you can do, come here to share your successes and your struggles. Together, we are all stronger! :grouphug:

Please refrain from mentioning any specific foods because it sets some people off on a binge. If you feel the need to mention food, head on over to Cyber Purgers and confess away.

This is a thread open to all, don't hesitate to jump in anytime!!! Newbies are very much welcomed!!!

Good luck and much strength! :dust:

telemetrynurse 01-22-2007 02:33 PM

Hi Everybody! :wave:

I've been MIA from this thread lately. I've been doing atkins. I've stayed "on plan" and have kept my carbs low BUT I've been a real piggy! The "all you can eat" mentality is not working well for me right now cause I can eat a LOT.

So, my plan is to remain low carb (it really helps cut my appetite) AND to eat ONLY at scheduled times and to measure my grub. I've found the grey sheet diet and plan to try that. Unfortunately, my FULL lever is NOT working in my tummy! So I need other "clues" about when to eat.

GOOD LUCK to everybody!!! :dust:

ShihtzuX2 01-22-2007 03:07 PM

Hi! I'm new

Hi, chickies! May I jump in?

I'm a lifelong, yo-yo dieter and COE'er/emotional OE'er. I'm on my way to losing 70 pounds before a wedding this fall. I'm 15 lbs. down, but this past weekend was a STRUGGLE to stay OP. I did it, :carrot: but it was tough at times.

Thought i'd drop in for a little moral support.

I'm doing it on my own, but this time around I'm also trying to stop eating as soon as my "full" sensor goes off. When I dieted before, even when I've stayed OP, I'd eat every single morsel, thinking, hey, I'm finishing it all whether I'm still hungry for it or not, since I've included it in my calorie limit for the day.

A baby step toward eating more from stomach hunger than "mouth hunger."

RocknRoll 01-22-2007 03:52 PM

I'm glad your back :):)

Well, things have been great for me! I've signed on to a team sport... RUGBY! ahah it should be great fun and i'm really excited to knock the crap out of someone;)

Umm i'm excited for that and my ONE MONTH BINGE FREE IS THIS WEEK :carrot:

I am binge free since Dec 26th so i'm pretty happy!

ShihtzuX2 howdy and welcome to the thread! its so great here, i love it!

and i can totally relate to everyone about the eating all you can thing. I over ate my calories yesterday by a little bit and didn't realize it. So, i've been really careful today but i didnt eat breakfast which is a no no!

Best of luck to everyone i'm off to the store
:dust:

magnoliafan 01-23-2007 01:35 PM

I'm jumping in too. I haven't been back to this site for a while, but I've spent the past few months playing around with my diet and it's time to stop and take control. Atkins worked for me in the past, so I tried it once again through November and December. I binged every once and a while (always "on plan"), but I lost complete control as soon as I decided to take a Christmas break. Sugar is my trigger, so once it became part of my diet again, I restarted the cycle of eating sensible one day and bingeing the next. Once the holidays were over, I flirted with the idea of going low carb again, but I realized that it's just delaying the problem rather than dealing with it. I have no intention of giving up sugar for the rest of my life, so low carb is always going to be temporary for me. And then as soon as I reintroduce myself to my old pal sugar, I'm a goner. I end up bingeing like crazy, as I did on both Saturday and Sunday of this week. I won't name foods (I don't want to set anyone else off), but suffice it to say that on Sunday, I put away a family size bag of candy (7 servings) and a box of crackers (9 servings) in less than an hour. I got tired of eating after about ten minutes, but I kept pouring the food into my mouth. It was almost like I was forcing myself to continue until the bag and box were empty. I felt disgusting and I knew that I needed a change.

Sooooo. . . . here I am. I didn't binge yesterday and I've started today off on a good note. My first goal is to get through Saturday afternoon without bingeing. I have a party to go to on Saturday night and I'd love to be able to think of it as a personal "treat" for getting through the week binge-free.

meganL 01-24-2007 09:55 AM

Hey everyone. Just checking in. I was MIA for a few days because I came down with the stomach flu! No fun at all! Last week I lost 6 lbs., and then I got the stomach flu on Monday and I lost another 3, but the 3 are back again because I was so dehydrated that I think that's why I lost the extra 3. So anyways, down 6 more for a total of 23 lbs! Yeah! Yesterday after being sick I was so hungry that I did not make a real good choice for lunch, but it's one day at a time, no guilt and move on!

RocknRoll 01-25-2007 05:26 PM

29 DAYS BINGE FREE AND I BINGED

i feel like a failure... i hadnt eaten all day and then i went and ate. i'm so ashamed to tell you guys this because tomorrow would have been my one month binge free. It wasnt a big binge but a binge is a binge.

my head is spinning

meganL 01-26-2007 12:38 PM

Why didn't you eat all day? That is probably why you binged. I would binge too if I didn't eat all day. Don't blame yourself or feel guilty, just pick yourself up and & move on! Good luck!

RobinW 01-26-2007 04:11 PM

Im jumping back in here with both feet!

rocknroll...maybe its not as bad you think it is? You hadnt eaten all day, your body was wanting food. Was it a binge as bad as before? Was it maybe equal to 2 meals? I dont really know, Im just trying to help.

Me, Im binge free since Monday. Wednesday was a very tough day, I spent most of the day hiding up in my office....2 floors away from the kitchen. Today, Im cranky and irritable. I was told by a very clever person that ..."it is just your fat asking you if you are sure to want to get rid of it" I read that, and a little lightbulb went off in my head. Im much better now.

Remember, you just have to get thru today, worry about tomorrow when it gets here. :hug:

RocknRoll 01-26-2007 04:59 PM

RobinW- yah, calorie wise it was around two meals.

today i brushed it off but restricted a little... i'm trying to eat normal meals but its hard.

ugh.

RobinW 01-26-2007 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RocknRoll (Post 1548477)
RobinW- yah, calorie wise it was around two meals.

today i brushed it off but restricted a little... i'm trying to eat normal meals but its hard.

ugh.

so would you classify that as one of your "classic" binges? Maybe you're still alright.

RocknRoll 01-26-2007 06:29 PM

Now that i think about it, it wasnt a binge binge. It was all healthy food like whole wheat cereal, cottage cheese, ect.

It was like 1/8th the size of my old binging.

Do you guys think it was a binge? Heres what happened:
i CHOSE to eat it... i wasnt out of control.
I ate all healthy food.
I did not eat until i was overly stuffed.
i was honestly starving.
but, it was the size of two meals in one sitting which is what bothers me

hmm oo well

RobinW 01-26-2007 07:09 PM

maybe thats how you felt while you were eating it(bingeing). Stuffing the food in because you were hungry. Im certainly not an expert, but I dont think it is.

RocknRoll 01-26-2007 08:27 PM

wow... what a wave of relief. At the moment i thought it was horrible but i guess now that i look back on it and reflect it wasnt so bad.

it was actually just overeating i guess.

does that mean today is one month binge free? :)

RobinW 01-26-2007 10:33 PM

I would think so :cb: WTG!!