Old 11-18-2006, 12:32 PM   #46  

Lily, I read your post about your sister's death at age 21. Was she anorexic? What a sad story! You have really had so many trials in your life.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 12:49 PM   #47  

Location: North Carolina, but I will always be a true Yankee from Connecticut!

S/C/G: 293/280/180

Height: 5'6'

Hey everyone, I had another successful day yesterday and stuck to my plan. Today I am at work and as long as I can stay away from the vending machine I’ll be ok. I packed my lunch so I should be able to hold off. Yesterday I went home and made more tuna salad and egg salad for the next few days, I also went shopping and picked up some Atkins bars, the back label says they are appropriate for the induction phase but I’m still kind of leery.

Ms Chris: I am in the induction phase right now, I’m on day 6 and it seems to be going ok, I not even really hunger. If you have any helpful tip for the induction phase, I would appreciate it!
Hollyxmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 12:58 PM   #48  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I'm ready to chunk my scale out the window. It gave me a different reading four times in a row. Anywhere from 143-148. This isn't good. I have been exercising my butt off. Plus in my carb limit all week except for that few bites of cobbler last night. My clothes are very loose. I feel thinner. My stomach is flat. I had to wear a belt to keep up my smallest jeans yesterday. I am just at my wit's end.

My plan is to:
cut breakfast meat portion in half
quit skipping lunch
drink that darn water
exercise at least 5 times a week
chunk the scale and get me a new one
start a fitday account and watch my calories along with my carbs (I'm very reluctant to do this).

Who knows, maybe I'm building muscle from the increased exercise and that is why the darn scale says UP while I feel thinner.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:14 PM   #49  
lilybelle

carol, my sister wasn't anorexic. She had friends over to dinner that night. She had bumped her head on her window air conditioning unit. She told them that she had a headache and was going to bed. She had a seizure in her sleep and aspirated. Was found dead the next morning with her 3 yr. old daughter lying next to her. She was only 21 yrs. old and had never before had a seizure in her life. I was 20 at the time. Her DD lived with my mom for a few yrs. I raised her from junior high through high school once my mom's health was bad. She now has 4 children of her own, is married and lives in Florida. It was a horrible tragedy and one that I'll certainly never forget.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:41 PM   #50  
lilybelle

My stupid scale now says 143 no matter where I put it on the bathroom floor. This is after eating breakfast. I'm gonna have DH buy me some nice scales for Christmas.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:23 PM   #51  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Didn't have time to get back to you after visiting the nursing home yesterday.We getting busy with only 8 day more until blast off.This morning I called my dd to wish her son a happy 3rd birthday,and found out that her MIL's aunt past away this morning.The party she planned & food she bought went out the window.Grand Kids are really disappointed.Feeling a little depressed myself today.

Brenda-Big congrats on the 5 lb lose on the scale today. You're doing great.

HollyWelcome to the thread.Like your food choices

MsChris-If you can't give the cake away,its better to throw it out than to be tempted and see a gain on the scale.

Lily-You remind me of the energized bunny with all the housework that was done. Thats good exercise also. Sorry to hear about your aunt.You're in my prayers & good thoughts.I don't know if I'm right,but I heard or read somewhere that when exercising a lot water forms in the joint area,for a while until the muscles repair and than the water releases.

SherrySending you good:vibes for a great W-I on the scale:

Have a nice evening Ladies

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:24 PM   #52  
lilybelle

I have managed to stay on program today even though I'm mad at the scale. I slept a lot today and will be up most of the night. I took a nap from 4PM to 7PM . I felt horrible last night, but feel OK now. DH goes to work at 11PM and works til 3PM tomorrow afternoon. I have his food all cooked and packed for him. I'm going to walk on treadmill after he goes to work.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:25 AM   #53  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

Hey Guys! Sorry I didn't get to post earlier, but here I am now. I went to outback for dinner tonight. Ate the Outback Steak Special (all 12 ounces) with a double order of caesar salad, no croutons. I took my carb free, sugar free, caesar dressing with me, but I forgot to tell them not to put their dressing on the salad. So I ate the Outback caesar dressing. I can't find the carb count on it anywhere, but I read several places that it normally doesn't cause weight gain. I pecans (2 net carbs) and 4 pieces of sugar free gum (made with sorbitol, which I read somewhere that we can subtract this from the carb count). I ate my nightly fudge pop (3 net carbs) and I treated myself to a 1/2 cup of cherries (6 net carbs). I drank two diet mountain dews while out with my friends otherwise drank water or water with a wedge of lemon. So I am guessing that I stuck to about 20 net carbs today (fingers crossed). I have been slacking on my exercise. I am not going to make my month's goal because of it. I just hate exercising during TOM. I don't think I am going to step on the scale again until its gone.

Holly - If you like making your food ahead of time - Breakfast Casserole is delicious reheated, easy to make and less than 1.6 whole carbs a serving.

Lily - When you are checking scales, multiple weigh-ins at the same time is how you check to see if it is accurate enough. If it is jumping around too much with successive weigh-ins, it is time for a new one.

BB- yea - I am definitely going to have to throw it away. I sure hate it.

Sherry - sorry to hear about you coming off plan - but it is great that you are already back on track.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:40 PM   #54  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Sorry not enough time to look and reads all past posts nor to catch up on what is going on after I write today. I have had a slow and steady few lbs a week loss but that will change this week as we have to go to SC Fort Jackson to see DD2 graduate from Boot Camp for the national guard. She then is to go to the Aberdine Prooving grounds in MD for her next step. so it will be a good amount of food on the run. but well worth it.

Just stoped to wish every one a happy Tday and eat healthy of not OP.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:40 PM   #55  

Location: North Carolina, but I will always be a true Yankee from Connecticut!

S/C/G: 293/280/180

Height: 5'6'

Hey everyone, the day is going good, I don't seem to be hungry all day but at night, that is when it hits me. I guess I have to make myself eat during the day.

MS Chris: thanks for the suggestion but where do I find the recipe, I looked in the other thread but I did not see it. Would you be able to tell me what it is?
Hollyxmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:47 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi all. Sorry I haven't posted much this week, I've just been super busy and it seems that once I let myself get on this computer you can't pry my butt out of this chair! I didn't get a chance to read all the posts yet but I hope you all had a productive week.
I am down 3 lbs finally!
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:23 PM   #57  
Baby Steps

Just wanted to check in. Did ok this weekend eating wise. Didn't eat candy bars, but ate 2 pieces of regular bread (toasted cheese sandwich) for supper, then tonight had a couple buns. that's not counting the m&m's in the trail mix. well, I'm sure the raisins aren't low carb either. But it was healthier than not eating--and healthier than candy bars. So I'm considering it all good. Hunting's not over, but all day hunting is for a while. The girls still have school so I can't go out in the morning. Oh, I'll mention I didn't see a dang thing! GRRR!! So now I've got to push water and get back totally OP. I'll step on the scale tomorrow and see if it's changed. Hopefully it's not up too much. This week's going to be hectic with hunting and Thanksgiving and DD's birthday (youngest DD is going to be 12 on Friday) and did I mention hunting? So I'll try and check in, but I'm afraid I won't be able to do personals for a while Well, off to bed, just wanted to check in
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:22 PM   #58  
lilybelle

Hi everyone.

Happy Hunting Brenda, I can't wait til next weekend to get to go.
NTL, WTG on the 3 lb. loss. Great job.
Ms. Chris, I am going to get new scales, probably after Christmas, as I have a lot of people to buy gifts for.
Holly, good job staying on program. I always get hungry at night too. Probably because I'm very bad to skip lunch.
Nasus, my son graduated Army AIT back last summer. Did boot camp the previous summer. My step-daughter leaves to train for Coast Guard in May. Those graduations are very exciting. Congrat's on your DD also being in the military.

I am just now getting to computer at 9PM. I slept most of the day. My step-daughter was here with the 2 grandbabies all night and the kids didn't sleep. She had had one of them at the ER all day with strep throat. So, now we'll probably all have it before long. (I catch everything).
I have my dinner in the oven, so gotta go. Will catch up later.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:45 AM   #59  
lilybelle

Hi. Had to share. I found tonite that I can wear my son's camouflage for deer hunting. They are a 30 x 32. Sad to say, but my own camo was a size XXL from previous yrs. I'm so happy. The waist fits perfect and they are even a little baggy in the butt. This little victory was the BEST.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:43 AM   #60  
Going to ONEderland

I guess! Fitting back into jeans a guy wears must feel fantastic! When I was young I could wear my (now ex) husband's jeans. He wore 30/31 I just can't picture fitting in something so small now! But it is a better guage than women's clothing sizes that have changed so much over the years. Then I wore a size 14 or 12 in women's clothing (or was it Juniors? either way) that size is HUGE now, not at all what it was when I was a girl.

So in order to know (if it ever happens which I doubt) that I have gotten back as small as I used to be I would have to be able to fit in men's jeans again. Isn't it funny that men's clothing sizes haven't changed, but that women's have? Tells you something doesn't it?
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote