So, tell me about your clothes!

• How long you were on Atkins before you started noticing that they were getting looser? I have only been on the plan for a week, and it SEEMS that one of my pairs of pants is a little roomier. Wishful thinking or successful atkinsing?
  • hey kitty!
    hate to say it but it took me a while. I think I lost 20 lbs before I noticed a difference. I don't know why. NOw I'm down about 40 lbs andwent from a xxl top to a l or xl and in pants I was a 16 and am now a 10 (tight in the waist).
    I think adding exercize helped me start losing inches.

maggie
  • Kitty, I was a size 20 (tight) to start with and even after the first 5 lbs. I felt like mine were a little looser. The first new things I bought were 2 pr. of capris at Lane Bryant size 14 after I had lost the first 30 lbs. When I was down to 180 I wore a (tight) size 12. At 165, I wore an 8. I went down much faster in pant size than shirt size, probably from all the hours spent on the treadmill. I started in a 2X and wear mostly larges and a couple medium shirts now. My upper body has always been a lot broader than the lower half. I have those famous "football shoulders". One of the strangest things that I noticed was that I wore a DD bra right up til the last 20 lbs. Now, I wear a very padded C cup to look like I have a chest at all. They were the last thing to go.
  • Hi, Maggie! Great progress--40 pounds is wonderful! I hope it doesn't take me 20 pounds to notice, but if it does, it does!

Lilybelle--congratulations on your success as well! Wow--you have REALLY made some changes! That is strange about the "girls"--I have always heard (about any diet) that they are one of the first to go!

I am thinking about starting to excercise, too. I thought that I would feel tired from Atkins--that's what I heard from some "discouragers"--but I actually feel like I have more energy!
  • Kitty, WTG on the 14 lb. loss. Good job.
  • I stated the Atkins diet 1 1/2 months ago and just recently I got into a outfit that didn't fir a month a go.

Hope that helps

BB
  • I started Atkins July 9th and have been cheat free since - I just noticed the other day when I pull my jeans up they are up under my bra now instead of my waist.....I can't wait for them to fall off! lol
  • HI Kitty, I posted this to you on my 14 day Induction thread, but today is day 28 for me, and I wore my blue jeans all day here at home. Normally I wear sweats or mens draw string pajama bottoms while hanging out at home. Also, I didn't have to lie down on the bed to zip them up. That is a first. I'm not weighing since I do that too much, and I know I've lost inches. Keep up the good work!
  • I am only on day 3 of induction and i am already dropping inches and can see the difference in my stomach and my jeans i can breath in. I bought a pair of 16 jeans last week and now they are way too loose and make my butt look saggy, so i am back in my 14s, they are a little snug, but look way better.
  • I don't know what day I am on. I have started and stopped so many times. I think I got back into the groove of Atkins Sept. 1st though. At any rate, my family and friends started noticing weight loss a little over a week ago. I was wearing tight size 16 in the waist and they are now really loose. Not falling off but loose. I hope to be trying on a 14 after next week. I exercise almost daily doing walk away the pound videos even if I am not eating exactly right and I think it helps the size thing though.

I can not believe someone who tried atkins told you that your energy would be down. I love this woe because when I am eating right I have tons of energy to spend on my two boys.

I think my twins are getting bigger, or maybe my waist is getting smaller. Either way, I still have more than enough chest.
  • Hi everyone, since I'm having some difficulty with my ankle due to the injury and not exercising a lot, I felt bloated and bigger than usual. Yesterday I put on a pr. of my smallest jeans (size 5 junior miss) that usually fit snugger than the 4 in womens that I wear and they were very loose. I had thought my butt and legs seemed bigger without all the treadmill workouts, but they are not. Yeah. My wt. is steady, but I just felt bigger. I sure need to do some shopping for winter shirts, the ones from last winter are all too big.