Long needed changes

• Hello..I am yet again trying to lose weight that I seem to always lose and than regain, with a little. Hopefully, this time things will be different. Hopefully, I will be able to make the changes that are needed to keep the weight off this time. I have been under a tremendous amount of stress in the last year and unfortunately it shows in more way than one.I am currently living in a small town which does not offer much to do in the way of anything. And my BF (of 12 years) is out of town for a couple of months at a time.And all my family and friends live at least one hour and a half away. I am embarrassed by the way that I look so, I have pushed away from them and make every excuse why I can not go see them or have them visit.Its been 6 months. I took the summer of of school and now with only 13 days until the first day of class I am wondering if I will be able to return. My weight has completely taken over my whole life...could this be my bottom!! I sure hope so...because if not it won't look pretty. I have about 70 pounds to lose. I am hoping that I can find support here to get me on track to a healthier way of living. I know that when I visited this site a few years ago there were groups that set mini goals that everyone worked towards.I would love to join one if they still exist.Hopefully, this forum will allow me to be more present when it comes to what and why I stuff things in my mouth because I have become increasingly numb to it.

Thanks for listening!!
  • Hi BabyBlue

First, welcome back

There is lots of support and help here, so just jump right in. As for the mini challenges. I dont think there are any right now, but go ahead and start one up if you like, others will very likely join you. Its always nice to have company on our quests.

Something my dh reminded me today......you just have to get thru today. Dont worry about next week next month or even tomorrow. Pick your plan, and just get thru today.
  • Baby Blue welcome. I know how it feels to pull away from family. Mine all live about 1 1/2 hrs. away too. They are always busy. I shunned away more during my times of weight gain and unhappiness. We usually only see each other on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
    The support here is fantastic, feel free to jump right in. I know it has helped me tremendously to stay on track and to perk me up when I'm feeling down. Good luck to you for the best success in your new lifestyle.
  • Baby Blue,

Have you thought about trying mini weight loss goals instead of focusing on 70 pounds. Start with say 5 or 10 pounds in order to keep you from being discouraged. My long term goal was 65 pounds, but I am focusing on getting to 180 then I will focus on 170. When I start getting close to my small goals, I feel like I am accomplishing something and it helps me refocus my efforts to control intake and increase my activity.

Also - take a look at the 100% commitment stream - we focus on water intake, eating on plan, and exercising. If there is something specific you want instead, just post it, and like Robin said - others will join you.
  • Welcome I too am at hard spot . I feel ya . Im here if you need to talk about how much your craving a browine or a bagle non the less.