3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Chick Chat Sept/5 - Sept/10 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/93109-chick-chat-sept-5-sept-10-a.html)

lilybelle 09-08-2006 03:10 PM

Hang in there Maggie, you will get to goal. I had the same trouble with those last 10 or 15 lbs. It took me forever.
I had my nerve study this morning. Yes, it was horrible. They did both legs and my spine. Lots of shocks and lots of needles. They told me I would be in a lot of pain tonite,, I came home and took a pain pill and now I'm sick at my stomach. So, I'll see everyone later, I'm going back to bed.

mealybug 09-08-2006 03:52 PM

hi everyone,
Im on day 2 on my second try at induction. So far so good.. no weight loss yet.. which I know maybe it is too soon but the first time I tried it I had lost 4 pounds very quickly and then regained it when I went offplan. I dont know why this time it seems to be more stubborn going away maybe becasue I am eating more approved foods to keep from craving carbs so my total food intake is pretty high. I'm also very headachy which I dont know if it is due to carb withdrawal or if Im having a bad reaction to Atkins Advantage shakes.. I hate that sucralose is in every low carb food!! Id much prefer if they just didnt add sugar and let it be!

needtolose4me2 09-08-2006 08:31 PM

Thanks Lilybelle, I remember how long it took you. I don't wnat to give up either. Ihope youwill be feeling better soon! Take care of yourself!

Mealybug - Congrats on 2 days in. A word of advice - forget the shakes, they aren't any good especially on induction and forget the scale. Weighing once a week is plenty. I've done that too where one day I'm down and the next I'm up and then I get discouraged. Just concentrate on the food list, suffer through the headaches and stuff and you'll be feeling better in no time! Honest!
maggie

RobinW 09-09-2006 10:40 AM

Good Morning :coffee:

Mealybug :welcome3:

Lilly~ Im so sorry all this has happened, healing vibes :goodvibes: coming your way, I hope your feeling better very very soon!!

Im doing good, all puffy tho this morning :( I am suppose to weigh in on Sunday, but tom is due, and I think making an early appearance so I am going to stay off of it until its all over with. Should make for a nice drop by then eh?!!!!

Have a great day ladies.

lady_adnerb 09-09-2006 10:40 AM

Took my measurements and weighed in today. Disappointed with myself (of course). So now it's time to get to the weight/size I want to be. And to be HAPPY with myself. ONWARD!!!

lilybelle 09-09-2006 04:15 PM

Hi everyone. I wasn't in pain last night like they said I would be, so it was a good night. I found a used exercise bike that I can get next weekend from a neighbor lady. I plan to strap my bad foot on it and get my butt in gear. I am so terribly bored with just sitting around. My food intake has been alright and my weight is still in my maintenance range, so I'm happy.

vouge09 09-09-2006 07:29 PM

Thats great !!! Hope you girls dont mind if I jouin in! Welcome Mealybug i too am on day three of induction for the 2nd time. Dont get discourgae. You are probabbly tired cause your body isnt used to no carbs , but after looking at your weight stats I have to say you shouldnt be on a diet necesarly. Your weight is kinda one of my goals!!! but your welcome to lose a few inches on the hips!

My advice...look for some great recipies like low carb cheesecakes and deserts and eat them alot but count your carbs cause if you do that I guareentee you wont feel like your dieting and the weight will melt of of us!!!

RobinW 09-10-2006 08:56 AM

Good Morning

Vogue :wave:

Had a pretty good day yesterday. Tomorrow will be quite a test. I have a seminar from 10-2 and lunch is being served. But I havent a clue what is on the menu. I really hope they dont just plunk a plate down infront of me! Im a little bit worried about this.

Dh and I have been busy with sign stuff, and its been keeping us fairly busy. Its been nice! Except for the learning part! :lol3:

Anyway, have a great sunday ladies!

lilybelle 09-10-2006 11:12 AM

Hi everyone. Good Sunday morning. The weather here is very nice. Hope everyone has a great day.

mealybug 09-10-2006 12:21 PM

Thanks for advice

Thanks everyone for advice. This diet is a very differnt experience for me so it is great to have this community to get personal advice from when things seems too strange.
Hope everyone is having a great Sunday. I'm spending mine relaxing a bit with the hubby and also packing as we are soon moving to Oregon.
The headaches got much worse yesterday and I had it from about midafternoon and all last night. This morning it was gone though. My theory is that my carb withdrawal is being made worse by my love for hot pepper. I dont know if anyone else is addicted to pepper, if so let me know if you had a similar experience. But I think that since pepper is a stimulant, it might have the same sort of action as caffeine..increasing insulin production.. and since there is barely any carbs to work on it gave me a terrible headache? Has anyone who is having caffeine on the induction phase had this experience??
As for me wanting to lose a few pounds.. I definitely do... Im just not hapy at my weight.. I do have quite of a lot of extra flab around my tummy and I am not consisstent with excercise. But the main reason I decided to do Atkins is that I found that I am insulin sensitive... all four of my grandparents on both sides suffered from sever diabetes and my mom initially got diabetes while she was pregnant with me. Since then I have seen how terrible that disease is... she has even had chroninc kidney failure becasue of it as well as a disease of her retina so she is going blind as well...
I want to get on teh right nutritional track from now before it is too late.

mealybug 09-10-2006 12:25 PM

Lilybelle,
I wanted to also say congrats on ur amazing determination and strength in acheiving ur goals!!!
I was wondering whether all of the loss was due to being on teh Atkins diet and also whether you kept a check on your blood work like cholesterol and lipid levels and if that also decreased on the diet. It would be interesting to hear from people on this forum whether that is really true about cholesterol and other factors for heart diease actually going down despite tha higher fat content of teh diet...
I cant afford to have blood tests done as I dont have insurance to go to doctors... so that is one part that scares me a little.. whether it could adversely affect my health
thanks

lilybelle 09-10-2006 02:07 PM

mealybug, thanks. I had initial blood work for cholesterol and trigycerides done but will be having them taken again in December. With the particular liver diseases that I have, astronomically high cholesterol levels (sometimes over 1000) are the norm. Mine was 500 when it was last tested. I am very curious to see if it has came down. My doctor said it would most likely still be very high due to the liver. My blood pressure, heart rate and liver enzymes have improved dramatically and my medications have been decreased. My edema is tons better and my diuretic is also decreased. Yes, all of my weight loss is due to being on Atkins. Even though I have been very sick my weight was steadily increasing before going on Atkins. I am much healthier now. I am also on Glucophage for Insulin Resistance and PCOS. My blood sugars are completely normal now, they were as high as 500's before and I was on Diabeta at that time. I understand your concern about diabetes. I know that my eyesight has gotten much worse over the last few years and I need to see an opthmologist. I have medical insurance and dental but not vision insurance.

vouge09 09-10-2006 02:16 PM

Anyone who loses so much weight is such an inspirtation to me that I cant even descirbe the hope I get from before and after photos.

mealybug - I have a caffine addiction, I drink 2-6 cups of coffee a day , luckly coffee is only like 1 carb if you drink it black so I dont have these headaches , but this is day 3 for me on the diet and though I feel sleepy , I have done this before and I know it will pass.

Today is football day and my brothers and dad are so pumped its keeping me awake!

GOOO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOT WHOOT CHICAGO!!!!!

lilybelle 09-10-2006 02:29 PM

vouge, I am also a coffee addict, I drink 4 or 5 cups easily each day. Funny thing is that before starting Atkins, I didn't even own a coffee pot. I just wanted it one cold winter morning and sent my DH to get us the supplies, now we both drink it all the time.

mealybug 09-10-2006 06:25 PM

hmm?? I thought that you're not supposed to have caffeine because it causes ur body to produce insulin just like sugars?? I'm not sure now but I thought I had read that in Atkin's book. That is why I switched to decaf with heavy cream and no sugar. maybe no caffeine is just for induction phase?
Well today I had no headaches and felt a lot better... I bought those ketostiks and it does have a smudge of purplish color! I will weigh tonite just to give myself a boost: I've been dropping a lot of water so Im pretty sure some weight might have come off.