Scale fluctuation!

• Hi all.

Well the diet is going well and the scale is going down...slowly, but it's going down so I'm not complaining.

I try to keep my weigh-ins to once a week because I know it's better for me, but I can't help but hop on that scale everyday almost!

It's been going steadily down and the only time I see a bit of a lbs change is if I weigh myself in the evening before bed (I usually check my weight in the mornings when I wake up). Sometimes there will be a few pound difference -- and lately it's been just the same as the morning weigh-in.

Today though, I had a 5 lb gain! But last night it showed 184 and this morning was 189!!! YIKES! Does anyone know what this means? This past week has been a little up-and-down on the scale due to Aunt Flow...do you think that could be it? I haven't cheated at all! I've been great on the diet and have even been exercising...so what gives?
  • TOM definitly makes a difference in your weight!! Mine fluctuates up to 5 pounds daily that whole week. Don't fret. It will level back out after your Aunt leaves.

I always weigh in the mornings, never evenings!!
  • Thank you tired! I appreciate your insight. I was thinking that was probably it...5 lbs is a lot to fluctuate between. That darn aunt flow!!!
  • TOM will do it, as will consuming too much sodium (which I tend to do, myself, during that time, because of the darn cravings!) You watch, in a week you'll be down again.
  • Many times I have weighed at night and thought Yeah, that is great. I will show a loss in the morning, because I have already eaten all day today and the scale showed that low. No such luck. Every time, the darn thing showed the same thing the next morning. I have had a hysterectomy so I no longer have TOM, but my weight fluctuates if I have much processed food due to the salt. I don't use any table salt at all. But, do use canned veggies sometimes and they are loaded with salt. Have you ever tried salt-free green beans from a can? They are nasty, IMHO.