Old 07-18-2006, 11:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/196/150

Height: 5'7

Angry It's been a while but I'm back

Hi everyone, I used to post here frequently.....I did the low carb way of life a few years ago and lost about 20 pounds or so, fell off the wagon and started back July 2nd. My last day of induction was Sunday, July 16th and I was doing great, I'm one of those scale junkies where I have to weigh myself every morning. Up until yesterday I had lost a total of 12 pounds....got on the scale this morning and I had a 3 pound gain It's really frustrating considering I haven't cheated at all, I've stuck with the plan from day one and I just don't understand....I know it's only one day and weight can fluctuate, but it's such a downer. My goal is to be 150 by October, or at least be within 10 pounds of that goal, and up until today I actually thought I'd make it. I came here because you guys are so great, and right now I'm actually needing some support to help me keep going. I plan on sticking with this permanently....I guess days like this just make ya think you're doing all this work for nothing. Have a good day!
xJennJennx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:18 AM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Welcome back Jenn

if its been as hot where you are as it is here.....dont worry about the 3lb gain. The heat holds on to any water we drink, do you notice you dont "p" nearly as much when its really hot? Your too busy sweating. I suggest you double your water intake to keep things moving along. And .......stay off the scale for a while
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:57 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

Definitely stay off the scale. I've learned it's a sure-fire way of making you
2nd guess yourself! WTG on the initial weight loss & keep up the great work!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:00 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Welcome back and congratulations on the weight loss.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:11 PM   #5  

I noticed the hot weather does some strange things so try not to weigh or take it seriously at least. Last night I went to the bathroom a lot and noticed today was much better!!!!
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back. 12 lbs was a geat loss for induction. I can only ditto what everyone else said about the gain. the same thing has happened to me. I'm not known for cheating and when I see a gain it makes me nuts. It will correct itself I'm sure! Just keep trudging on and put the scale away for a while. I actually had to put mine in my trunk so that I wouldn't get on it every morning. Now I have to remind myself to do it!
maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote