3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   could I be getting to few carbs??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/88399-could-i-getting-few-carbs.html)

needtolose4me2 07-03-2006 08:41 PM

could I be getting to few carbs???

I don't post on fitday all that often but today I decided to return there and post y food for the day to see what I was dealing with.
I came out with 11 carbs and I don't know if the fat and protein numbers need to be taken into account either.
If anyone has any clue about this could you please take a look at my fitdday and let me know what you think. Is it possible that to few carbs will slow me down or how about the ratio of carbs to fat or carbs to protein? does that mean anything. I'm just trying to figure out why my weight loss is soooo slow. Now looking at my carbs being at only 11 for today, I want to go have soem strawberries and creme. Is that the wrong kind of carbs to be trying to add on? All of a sudden I'm so confused! help!
maggie

lilybelle 07-03-2006 09:50 PM

When I first came to this site, I was only eating 11 or 12 carbs a day. People advised me to stay about 20 carbs a day. I did this and continued to lose weight just fine. I have incorporated way more fruit in my diet than the book allows, from the start. I eat fresh pineapple, cantalope, watermelon, strawberries, plums, raspberries, oranges, grapes and an occasional banana. I know a lot of people on Atkins say that they don't eat this much fruit that it will cause them to stall, but it hasn't me. I also have Oats for breakfast twice a week to help my cholesterol and because I like them. Since I am so close to goal , I have tweaked this woe to something I can accept for a lifetime. I did read the Atkins Maintenance books to learn how to slowly add some of the healthy carbs to my daily intake. Good luck to you and don't give up. Try eating a little more carbs it might help.

JerseyGyrl 07-04-2006 07:18 AM

Hi Maggie,
I completely agree with Lilybelle...don't give up!! You probably just need to start tweaking your eating. Eating only 11 carbs isn't enough. Start to slowly increase your carbs. What I did was increase my veggies first. I started with something as simple as adding broccoli to my salads. None of us are the same & no "diet" is a cookie cutter plan that works for everyone. We each have to find out what works for us.

Trust me Maggie, I KNOW stalling can be very frustrating. We go on an eating plan & we expect to lose weight and we expect to lose it quickly! What we need to keep in mind is that we didn't gain the weight overnite & we aren't going to lose it overnite. Finding what works for you & sticking with it, even when we get frustrated & discouraged will pay off in the long run.

Try some more veggies, drink your water, take your vitamins & get some exercise. You CAN do this!!! Please don't give up!!!

All the best to you!!!

Hugs :hug:

Kim

needtolose4me2 07-04-2006 08:13 AM

I think I better start keep a written food journal so that I can see what I'm doing. maybe it will help me find some kind of pattern. So you think I shouldn't pay attention to the fat or protein just the carbs?

lilybelle 07-04-2006 12:26 PM

I have kept a written food journal since day 1. It helps keep me honest and there are things I would forget about such as the splenda and coffee creamer. Good luck and I know you can do this too. I only pay attention to the carbs, not the fat or protein since I know I get plenty of these. I did journal my calories for a month and saw that I usually get 1400-1500 calories a day.