Old 06-22-2006, 03:52 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Crystal Light to go - Oh NO.

I just happened to look at the ingredients of this when I was at the store. Corn Syrup solids! Yet they say it's sugar free. "dirty pool!"

Just thought I'd mention it since I've seen people post that it's OK to use on a LC WOE.

(and I wasn't going to buy it, I was just curious about it.)
TravelinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Wow! That's certainly good to kow Robin. I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it!

Glad to see your still around. I haven'tseen you post in a while.
10.5 lbs! good work!!

maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:12 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Dang, and I've been drinking that stuff! Hmm....if I keep it at a minimum (emergency type only) it should be ok. But what a dirty way to get sugar in!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:01 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

The Target brand copycat does not have corn syrup solids. just aspertame...
TravelinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:16 PM   #5  

Robin - Some say that aspertame stalls them too. Just a thought since you mentioned that you weren't happy with you weight loss so far. I have decided to stay away from it. Which really leaves me just drinking water.
Brenda mentioned that Diet Rite has splenda which is not suppose to have that effect. I have thought about making my own iced tea or lemonade using this. THe weather has been so hot and water jsut doesn't quench my thirst enough. If you use a lot of products with aspertame you might want to cut back on them as well.
maggie
Old 06-24-2006, 09:02 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Would you believe I don't know how to make homemade lemonade? I mean, you can use the lemon juice you buy in the store, right? But how much lemon juice to how much water..and I'm guessing you add splenda. How much of that? Or is it a "trial and error" thing?
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 09:18 AM   #7  

Brend - IT really is trial and error! (at least for me) I don't make it too often because I always loved crystal light lemonade but know that has to change so I figured I'd give it a try. I love to make my own sun tea too. but I guess there I have to worry about the caffeine in the tea bags! I have just been so hot and thirsty with this weather. I bought flavored seltzer but that makes me to gassy.I also made ice pops out of koolaide and splenda yesterday! So excited about that!
maggie
Old 06-24-2006, 09:33 AM   #8  

btw- I have used this lemonade recipe which was good. remember splenda measures the same as sugar.
some people like to warm the water and then add the sugar to it. I really didn't see a need for it if you mixed it well. I'm not sure how quick splenda melts though.I would assume pretty quick since it's more of a powdery substance than a granular one. Anyway, it's worth a try!

8 lemons
1/2 cup superfine sugar, plus more to taste
5 cups water
Ice cubes

Wash lemons under warm water. Roll them on the countertop with the palm of your hand to get them ready for juicing. Cut the lemons in half through their bellies. Juice lemons using either your hands or a juicer, reserving 2 lemon halves. Add the lemon juice to a pitcher. Add sugar and water and stir until sugar has completely dissolved. Add ice cubes and the reserved lemon halves.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 211/162/135

Height: 5'3"

I've been drinking a product called Wyler's Light. But after finding this thread I stopped. Now I'm researching it to see if I might be putting sugar in my system without knowing about it.

Here's the list of ingredients:

citric acid, maltodextrin, aspartame, artificial flavor, red 40; contains less than 2% of the following: ascorbic acid, magnesium oxide, acesulfame potassium, monocalcium phosphate, blue 1

Hmmm...

Any clues?

Thanks

- Jux
Juxtapose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:37 PM   #10  

From what I hear A lot of people have a problem with aspartame. They say splenda is the only way to go. I personally don't know if it affects me because I just stay away from it.
So see how it goes. If you are losing slow maybe that's why. if not then I'd say don't worry about it.
maggie