3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Appetite Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/86670-appetite-control.html)

lady_adnerb 06-12-2006 08:57 AM

Appetite Control

When I first started Atkins (in '04)....I used the Atkins Dieters Advantage to curb my appetite. And it worked WONDERS. What I'm wondering though is...if that works well and is ok'd by Atkins...wouldn't other appetite suppresants(sp?)? What do you all think? I'm not talking forever. Just a helper for the first couple weeks.

RobinW 06-12-2006 09:10 AM

What was in the supplements that controled the hunger? Usually you can narrow it down to 1 or 2 ingredients....the rest are vitamins etc. But if you can figure out what they were, then you can look for those in other supps.

Idealperson 06-12-2006 11:20 AM

If it worked wonders for you and you didn't have any side effects, try a similar product and go with it. Have you done a web search to find out what was in it and compared it with what is on the shelves today?

Best of luck!!!

Low carbing week 10!!!!!!!!!!

Highest weight 209#
Today's weight 161#

thirty3zenlane 06-12-2006 12:04 PM

Question: Should you really be hungry on Atkins? I mean, the diet doesn't restrict calories, so why not just add an extra LC snack during the day? I know that LC doesn't necessarily mean High protein, but I've found that protein-rich foods actually leave me pretty full (and that's eating smaller meals several times throughout the day). I can only speak for myself, so maybe it varies a bit person to person. I guess appetite suppressants bring me back to the high school days of an unhealthy mindframe. Also, maybe write down what you eat for a week (if you don't already) and evaluate your diet. Are you eating enough food and are you eating frequently enough? Your body may also just need something simple like water. Make sure you're taking in a decent amount. I eat 5-6 times a day and I force myself to drink at LEAST 12oz with each meal. The rest I make up throughout the day during my workout or in between meals. Just my $0.02.

lilybelle 06-12-2006 02:16 PM

Brenda are the Atkins supplements no longer available? I havent' tried any type of appetite suppressants while on Atkins. What I am going to do today is look back over my journal and see which weeks I was losing very well and try to replace my menu with what I ate then. Sometimes it seems hard to stay at about 20 carbs now and I know I was doing it before. Can't remember for sure what I ate and how I kept to such low-carb eating. I don't remember ever feeling like I wasn't getting enough food.

lady_adnerb 06-13-2006 08:17 AM

Not sure what was all in the pills. But it sure helped me NOT be hungry or THINK about food. I think it's THAT part that I want the most. Not the hungry issue but not even thinking about food. Having to force myself to eat. I'll see how I do w/out it and if I still have hunger issues I'll see about getting more Atkins....which they still make but now have to order from their website instead of finding it around my area. Oh well!
Thanks to all who answered :)