Old 06-05-2006, 10:47 AM   #1  
Mommy of two

S/C/G: 208/190/150

Default Co-worker gave me fav treat as a surprise...Help!

O.k. guys, I've been doing really well, no cheat and just finished 15th day on Atkins. I haven't really craved anything or had any problems since after the first 3 days. Today, a co-worker of mine left me a treat of monster mash (pretzels, m&ms, chex all covered in white chocolate) on my desk as a surprise. It is made in a candy store about 1 hour from here so luckily I haven't had the temptation since December when he brought it in for Christmas. This was my all time favorite treat and I would really love some of this. Funny thing is, I don't really crave it but remember how much I loved it. What should I do? How bady would this mess me up? Should I just give it away immediatly and thank him for it? How about freezing it and eating a few pieces in a few months? I haven't been tempted by anything so far (I have been wanting ice cream though). Any suggestions?

SIO
slimminginohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:44 AM   #2  
my baby with bubbles

S/C/G: 180/152/140

for me if I would eat it I know that I would suffer the rest of the day, once I eat one sweet thing I crave more sweets. so it matters how strong your will power is. and how many more of them are sitting around the office.
40poundsago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:45 AM   #3  

I've had that happen to me too with my favorite treats. Normally I eat it... but everytime, it messes me up. I start craving it again and eventually, I just want the sugar... I don't care from where. Each time I swear I'm going to give it away but the longer it's in my possession the less chance there is of that happening.

I would suggest then that you give it away or throw it away if you don't think you can handle the treat.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:58 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

What you remember as your "favorite" treats before doesn't necessarily mean it's still going to be you favorite. You might eat it and discover it's really not as good as you thought it was...and that you ate it (and possibly messed up ketosis) for nothing. If you've seriously not eaten it by now..I suggest thanking him and "sharing" with others. good luck
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #5  
my baby with bubbles

S/C/G: 180/152/140

Lady adnerb has a great point there, I used to do anything for a piece of cake with what I call crisco frosting. Some days I seriously thought the acid reflux was worth getting that cake. and believe it or not I scraped the frosting of the birthday cake this weekend. my husband honestly asked me if I was feeling well. he had never seen me do that before.
40poundsago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Sharing it with the others at works makes sense and you'll be glad that you didn't take it home.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:46 PM   #7  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

I agree -- share it with others I can relate -- my co-workers are trying to sabatoge me on a weekly basis and at first it really ticked me off. Now, I take it all home and give it to my DH who loves these little extras he and his sweet tooth gets
Cafe Ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:49 PM   #8  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

When I get things like that I send them to work with my husband to hand out to HIS coworkers!! I know if I even tempt myself with a little taste it could be all over and it's not worth it. Good luck!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:57 PM   #9  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Does he sit close to you? Can he see you eating it? If not, great!! Share, and tell him it was delicious, and thank him like crazy for thinking of you. If he can see you.....thank him like crazy and tell him, you are going to bring it home to keep for your "free" day (wether you have one or not) and leave it in the freezer. (or toss it)

another thought, empty 1/3 of it into another bag and hide it in your purse....so it looks like you have eaten some of it.

Ive never been one for refusing something that has been given to me when the person specifically thought of me when they bought it. I dont want to hurt their feelings, so I will go out of my way to accomodate as best I can.

Kinda like the little boy(7 yrs old) across the street that made brownies, and specifically didnt put nuts in them (Im allergic) came out all proud with his home made brownie in his hand for me to try....then waited with those puppy dog eyes for me to eat it and tell him they were good. Well, I did Whats a little brownie in the grand scheme of things.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

I've had the same response as brenda is talking about. about 2 weeks into induction some came home with DUnkin Donuts. Usually I couldn't resist and Didn't know how I was going to. THen I opened the box and even the smell made me sick. I totally didn't want them and didn't have a problem passing them up.
You'd be suprised! But in the even that you would love it, I'd say run, run as fast as you can (in the other direction) It is so not worth the guilt!
maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote