3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Exercise is not optional - says the good doc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/85700-exercise-not-optional-says-good-doc.html)

hockeyfan7 05-30-2006 07:04 PM

Exercise is not optional - says the good doc

I was re-reading Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution this week and there is a chapter in it I don't remember -- it's called Exercise is Not Optional.

So how about it ladies? Is everyone going to join me in some form of daily exercise starting in June?

You will see the pounds drop faster. You will see the inches come off quicker. You will improve your heart health and your lungs and your cardiovascular system as a whole. You will help keep your joints limber.

We're wearing pedometers here at the office as part of a program through our Fitness Center to get in 10,000 steps per day. The weather is getting nice and we have lots of opportunities to get outside.

So how about it? Are you all going to join me in posting on the June Exercise Thread??

MsChris 05-30-2006 07:47 PM

I was just talking to another Atkins 3FC member about starting an Atkins walking challenge. I knew I needed to exercise, but I was not ready to dive in yet. Mainly since I hate exercise, but I have bought a bunch of tapes. All that to say that I am in. Our form of exercise is our choice or is there a goal? (I like goals and challenges.) and is this the thread or is there going to be one made.

RobinW 05-30-2006 08:07 PM

YES!!!!!! Susan, you personally have my permission, to yell, scream, and drag me kicking and denying to get me to exercise if I slack off!

JudyChat 05-30-2006 10:04 PM

I have been back at Curves for a while now, and I am going everyday. I would gladly join you in a challenge to exercise DAILY. (I want to get to my 100th workout--I never did that the first time round there--sad isn't it?)

lady_adnerb 05-31-2006 07:01 AM

No guarantees...but I'm willing to try!!! So count me in!

Candy In Alabama 05-31-2006 10:28 AM

Susan, you are a mind reader!!! Some of us was just talking about this yesterday....:D
Me too...Me too..I want to join in....
I started walking yesterday. I got 25 min. in...I have no special place to walk. So, i walk up and down my driveway...Some people probably wonder what is that person doing? :D ...LOL...I said on weekly chat this morning i was gonna go out now and i'm still reading and writeing...You all are so ADDICTING!!!!...I love these boards....:D
Well...OK...I'm going, I'm going...:kickbutt: ....:kickbutt: ....:D
Candy

hockeyfan7 05-31-2006 02:41 PM

So then, for June we have an exercise challenge?

The goal is to do at least 30 minutes of some form of exercise at least 3 times per week and more if you can.

Lots of things count -- dancing, swimming, walking, hiking, bike riding, playing softball with the kids or friends, going to a gym, jumping rope, working out to a specific video, yoga, Pilates, etc.

What type of exercise do you enjoy? What will make you want to get moving?

For me, I have a gym right here at work, so I go first thing in the mornings and then get ready here. Once I'm done, all I do is go upstairs and I'm at my desk.

bnbsmommy1 05-31-2006 05:15 PM

that sounds awesome!!

lilybelle 05-31-2006 05:15 PM

Count me in. I need to get back to a more regular exercise routine.

MsChris 05-31-2006 05:26 PM

Ok guys - I am pledging 500 Minutes for June of some type of exercise that is dedicated to exercising for this challenge. (i.e. no I went to the playground with the kids and decided to use my sit time to exercise a bit) As I have yet to workout on purpose 3 times in a week, this will be a challenge for me. I just haven't found my exercise passion yet. So I will probably play around with different videos, my elliptical, weights or whatever.

Thing is though - I am going to need somebody to stay on me:kickbutt: or else I won't make this challenge. PMs Welcome.

Candy In Alabama 06-01-2006 09:29 AM

Good Morning Ladies...
I did my walking yesterday and added stretching and tummy crunches..Did 30 min....This morning did the same. I going to make this my regular routine....

This is my plan.....Stretch my legs...Walk...Stretch again for 30 sec....walk....50 tummy crunches.....for 30 min every morning...I am so out of shape if i don't stretch i get so sore..This way i don't have the excuse...I'm To Sore...:( ......And before i get on this computer....I love getting on here...:comp: ....:D ...unless i get up before daylight...:D
Candy..:carrot:...

needtolose4me2 06-02-2006 12:01 PM

ok, I've avoided this thread for a few days! Didn't want to knwo about it. but after deciding not to fast I have decided to up my exercise to jump start my weight loss. (hopefully) I have not been good at all.
Last night though, I did do 30 minutes on the treadmill. 2 miles alternating a jog and a brisk walk. I also used hand weight and did some curls and stuff like that at the same time. I also did my fitness ball for stomach and butt exercises.
I hereby pledge to do this at least 3 days a week. I actually felt pretty good this morning. So I think I am ready to commit!
does anyone have any good inner thigh exercises? my front and back are pretty good from walking and running I guess but my inner thighs - flabbo!
maggie