3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters

Old 05-27-2006, 10:29 PM   #16

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Yes, you know, I didn't even ever think to mention the bars because they are "atkins" bars. I did think twice about the whole carb situation with them (I agree with you that I don't know how they came down to only 3 grams) but Iput my trust in them. I figured hey, they're atkins and they say good for induction so.... I guess there ok.
You'll be happy to know, I just threw them out!
It never dawned on me.
well here's looking to a better week now!
Thanks ladies.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:38 AM   #17
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Eat Clean!!!

Hey Maggie
Congratulations on throwing out the Atkins bars!!!! I know the Aktins website says they are acceptable for Induction. DON'T believe it!!! I am sure if Dr. Atkins could come back to this earth he would be shocked to see the way people (at his own company!!) have changed his eating plan to contain such things as bars & shakes!!! Atkins Induction is eating clean, meaning foods ONLY from the acceptable foods list http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkin...eptable-foods/
Stick with clean, unprocessed foods, drink plently of water, take your vitamins, get some exercise and the weight will come off. THAT is the Atkins lifestyle...NOT eating bars & drinking shakes!!!

Beware of the sugar-free jello & puddings...they contain aspartame, a common "staller" for some people. You can make your own sugar-free jello using Splenda. If you'd like the recipe, let me know.

You're doing great!!! Keep up the good work!!!

All the best to you!!!

Kim

Still Going Strong On Atkins Since April 13, 2004

Before & After Pics: http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2.../Kimatlake.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...1/IMG_0403.jpg

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 05-28-2006 at 08:44 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:27 AM   #18

Thanks for the link Kim. You know, I've read and reread the book but somehow I always seem to miss something. For instance, I just noticed that American Cheese is not on the induction list. I've found it to be 1 carb per slice but why it's not listed, I don't know. I use it in my omelets a lot. I guess I'll switch to cheddar or swiss.
Thank God for this website and you ladies!
PS I thinkI'll pass on the jello. Never could stand that stuff! Thanks anyway. Now if you had a recipe for chocolate pudding, that's another story!
Old 05-28-2006, 03:04 PM   #19
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I havent' ever tried the Atkins bars, but have used the Q-smart bars that have 3 net carbs. I don't eat them very often, they aren't too great. I think that sugar alcohols are very prone to make me stall. Plan to do egg fast again very soon and hopefully get closer to my goal.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88618

^^ My new before and current photos! ^^
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 04:26 PM   #20

lillybelle, I bet those last 5 pounds are just killing you! I will wiat til my next weigh in (thurssay) and see how I do with eliminating the atkins bars. If it still doesn't move I think Iwill do a fast too but I might just go "wild" andincorporate some macadamia nuts in there as well.! Hopefully it won't come to that. I keep waiting to see your big post about that 5 lbs being history! good luck!
Old 05-28-2006, 05:34 PM   #21
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

Rebel -

I am with you on the atkins products. The new atkins class I took said to subtract Fiber and Sugar alcohols that are listed underneath Total Carbohydrates in the nutritional information. I have been calculating my own - and using Dr. Atkins Sr.'s plan since he is the one that had the clinic and wrote the plan in the first place. I may be setting myself up for failure again by using the old plan. I having been freezing and drinking an Atkins Chocolate Delight or French Vanilla Shake everyday. Those are the only two that calculate to few enough carbs to fit the 20 g / day requirement. Plus since they are frozen, they travel well.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:55 PM   #22
Susan hockeyfan7

Actually, Dr. Atkins promoted the bars and shakes when he was alive. In fact, when he was running the company, they offered a TON more products than they do now and his recipe books incorporate a lot of the products. 6 years ago I used to get their catalog and order a whole bunch of their stuff. I loved the brownie mix and the Atkins Crunchers. And he was in the catalogs promoting the products -- he made a lot of money from them. I miss a lot of the stuff they used to offer. Back in 2001, you used to be able to order hundreds of products right off their website -- pastas, frozen foods, tortillas, breads and bagels, salad dressing, ketchup, margarita mix, candy, cookie and cake mixes, pancake mix and syrup and all their vitamin line.

hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 02:37 AM   #23
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

Thanks Susan for the info. I guess I need to break down and buy new diet revolution. - I do understand you to say that your weight loss came while using the products? Because the atkins site has a section called "healthy lifestyle products" where they sell the things you are talking about. They even have their vitamins on there under supplements. It kicks you out of atkins.com onto a site called buyatkins.com. They have a 0 carb crepe that I have been scared to buy so far, that I may go ahead and try.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:02 PM   #24
Susan hockeyfan7

In Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution book on page 129 in the section on Induction, he talks about convenience foods. He says:

"Although it is important that you eat primarily unprocessed foods, some controlled carb food products can come in handy when you are unable to find appropriate food, can't take time for a meal or need a quick snack."

He goes on to say that he can vouch for any product carrying the Atkins brand name. He does say that "while any of these foods can make doing Atkins easier, don't overdo it. Remember, you must always follow the rules of Induction." Which means if you use Atkins products, you must count the carbs in your daily total of 20.

Also, on page 232, he gives a sample one-week Induction Menu using the Atkins shakes for snacks.

I used the products. I still eat the bars before going to the gym in the morning. I really miss the brownie mix and wish I could still find it.

hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote