Oats, what a help

• Since I am very close to maintenance, I added Oats to my menu for breakfast 3 x a week. I like them and I get tired of a lot of eggs. I have noticed that with the Oats, I no longer need any medicine for constipation. Regular now for the first time in almost 11 months. Has anyone else had this happen to them? They really keep me full for a long time and I haven't noticed them slowing my weight loss.
  • I never have constipation -- we use Benefiber every day and I think that helps.

But I do occasionally eat some organic oats I found that don't bother my Celiac -- I enjoy having them and the ones I have contain 5 grams of protein.
  • lillybelle, that is awesome to learn, I'm sick of being constantly constipated. Do you eat oatmeal or dry cereal or what?? What's the carb count and dietary fiber in what you eat?? Thanks for sharing, I might do this too

Lacey
  • I eat old-fashioned Quaker Oats with splenda to sweeten them and some butter. They taste so good. I know they are great to bring down your cholesterol and I probably need this as many eggs as I eat. I just cook the 1 person serving and they keep me full for a long time. Not sure of carb count and will have to look at a new box to get back to you. They do have a lot of fiber and make me completely regular for a change.