Old 04-30-2006, 04:09 PM   #1  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Wink FitDay argued with me about SF Jello! ;)

So this morning I was merrily entering foods I expected to eat today into FitDay, including an individual pack of sugar free Jello.

Here is the label info:
Serving size: 1 snack (92g)
Calories: 10
Fat: 0
Carb: 0
Protein: 1g

FitDay responded by not letting me enter it as a custom food, telling me it was not computing correctly, and that the calories should REALLY be about 4 - since 1 gram of protein is 4 calories.

I suspect that the issue is that the fat and carbs are just under the limit and are being rounded off to zero, but are still contributing calories

So, just curious what you all would do? I fudged it and made the protein into 2 grams to shut it up

Did FitDay always have this "fact checking" capability? Guess I never ran across it before heh! Seems like a good idea until it puts its foot down and says WRONG!
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:28 PM   #2  
Doing it all over again..

S/C/G: 283/283/180

Height: 5'4

I actually like this feature in FitDay. it assures me the foods I enter are a) being entered in correctly and b) the companies aren't trying to sneak in extra fat and and not count the calories for them. I've used FitDay for 5 years and it's always been on there for me.

Usually I just put in whatever FitDay suggests and leave it at that. What difference is 6 calories gonna make anyway, right? You can burp a few good times and burn that off!

The calories are likely coming from a trace amount of fat. I think they spray the cups with vegetable oil so it won't stick. Who knows!
mandy71480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/167/130

Lightbulb

I actually have never used fitday believe it or not. I thought it might be fun just to track my progress but never got out of the thinking about it mode(HAHA). That is interesting that it was giving you such a hard time over Jello. Go figure. Judy
Born2run2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:36 AM   #4  

I enter it as a custom item
iamfirmin is offline   Reply With Quote