Old 04-26-2006, 11:58 AM   #31  

Hi ladies!!!

I guess I'll join in on the chat here.

The only news I have to report is that I have lost 3.5 more pounds, for a total of 11.5 pounds down!!!!

Anywho...how is everyone?
lwcarbmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:27 PM   #32  
Princess to Be

S/C/G: 267/270/175

Pretty new to the boards and would love to chat about low carb stuff. Is there a particular theme to this thread?
Tiffany_Bracelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:35 PM   #33  

to you all. Glad we are all doing good. I know the whoosh fairy is gonna visit us all.

to us all.

I've decided against the egg fast until later. Too busy now. I'll just keep on keepin on. I think I will up my water and make sure I have at least 3 liters....and I'm gonna start walking as well as going to Curves.

Happy Wednesday to you all.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 01:14 PM   #34  
TemporaryFatChick

Tiffany, no particular theme, just day to day life stuff WELCOME to the board, I hope you'll like it here and find the inspiration and support as helpful and fun as I have.

LowcarbMama, didn't say HI before, glad to see ya

Jackie, I think walking is a GREAT idea. I think the woosh fairy's visit may have something to do with my starting to walk every day, but even if it doesn't, it makes me feel great. I wish you were closer, I have a great walking trail and would love to have you as a walking buddy

Tenn
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:54 PM   #35  
Susan hockeyfan7

Welcome to all the newcomers!

And for all those of you in the South, here in Colorado we have actually been known to have snow in June and once in a while in July. I've lived here for 5 May months now and it's snowed every May. But it's totally gone today and it's back up close to 70 degrees. It doesn't last. In Colorado, if you don't like the weather, wait 30 minutes.

I just found a new favorite snack -- I bought one of the sharp cheddar cheese balls that's rolled in almonds and I melted one oz of it and I'm eating it with a spoon -- warm melty, cheddar -- yum!

I've been cheating every day eating chocolate and it stops today. I haven't seen the scale move in a little over 3 weeks. I'm cheating with a diet Coke instead right now.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:00 PM   #36  
Susan hockeyfan7

OK, so John just called me. The mooch tells him this morning that it's going to be May 17 before his boss is ready to go to Phoenix. John said sorry, May 7th you need to find another place to live as your two weeks are up. He started whining that he'd have to either go to a hotel or go ahead to Phoenix and live in his car.

Well, it's warm enough in Phoenix and the campgrounds are empty this time of year since the snowbirds will have gone home that he should be able to find a place to park his car!

I told John that I'll bet money he never leaves the state. In the past 3 years, he's talked about moving to South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah and Las Vegas and never does.

I'm sticking to my guns and he's out of there. And I'm telling my husband if he ever wants to get lucky again, he'd better clear out the house. That'll do it!
Old 04-26-2006, 05:50 PM   #37  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Well my luck just got dumped upside down. Yesterday while I was in the gym, someone broke into my car in broad daylight and stole my purse which contained my whole life in it literally. So I have spent the day getting the window replaced and canceling everything, puting watches on my credit, and just contemplating murder to the little *******s that took my stuff. Not to mention I woke up this morning with the flu, but everything is starting to come back together and I am picking myself up and dusting myself off and gonna keep on trucking.

I did go off program a bit and I am eating campbells chicken noodle soup cause it is the only thing I can keep down, but as soon as I get to feeling better I will be back to my old self kicking booty at the gym.

Lacey: congratulations on moving and I hope you enjoy your new home.

Well I am going to crawl back in bed. Talk to you ladies later.

-Sandra
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:21 PM   #38  

Sandra - I'm so sorry that had to happen to you. It happened to me about 8 years ago. It was a terrible pain in the butt. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Tenn: I'd take you up on the buddy walk. I hate having to walk alone.

Susan - Glad your DH told him he had to get out. You need your house back.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:25 AM   #39  
Woman on a mission

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Hi ladies! I'm not on the low carb right now..but will be on Monday. And, the hype of it is starting to set in. I'd start now if I had more low carb friendly foods in the house..lol. ughh. so...anyway...
tickleyourfancies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:23 AM   #40  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Welcome Mindy!

Sandra~ sounds like you had a terrible day Today should be better!

Having trouble starting the wood stove this morning Dh needs to get the ignition fixed!! Ive got soot all over my nightie!

Not much planned for today. Dh is off so we have the day together, which is good, cuz I've been missing him. We are one of those freaky couples who truly like spending time together all the time Even after a 16 hr car drive, we'll get home and snuggle up on the couch

Its to the gym today, and Im really excited about getting on the scale tomorrow. Whooda thunk it???! I can see/feel the difference everywhere. Especially my eyes this morning....they look about 2x as big All that fat around them was making them look smaller

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:27 AM   #41  

Morning Ladies:

Welcome to the new ladies. I look forward to getting to know you all. These women here are true inspirations, and helpful beyond words.

Sandra: So sorry that happened to you. I had my car broken into for a $50 CD player / radio but had to pay $150 to fix the window. The world is full of little pricks who don't have a brain. Imagine how pissed they would be if it happened to them. I like to call it Karma. They'll get theirs. Feel better soon hon.

Robin: I'm in one of those freaky marriages too. Andy and I get on so well together, we actually like hanging out. We don't try and get a break at every chance.

Susan: I'm thirlled you're sticking to your guns, and yeah.. I am familiar with the -one mention of sex- thing. It works every time. Andy says to never under estimate the power of___________! You can fill in the blank

Brenda: Lean on us! You are going to get back on track! Love ya Lady!

Nothing going on here. TOM is about over, so hopefully the scale will start moving again.

Oh, I am reading the book Fast Food Nation and i'm telling you what, you will want to eat cleaner and more healthy after reading it. Just knowing how a company puts so-called 'natural flavors' in their products will make you gag. It makes the junk food that you would normally cheat with look highly unappealing, if not disgusting, and you are sure not to falter! I highly recommend getting it, even if at the library. It is such an eye opener. Andy read it and now its my turn. He was grossed out by much of it. LOL He doesn't gross out easily. It's grass fed meats from now on.

It is an incredibly gorgeous morning here in Colorado. I hope you all are having great weather too.
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:37 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Susan: congrats on getting your house back soon.
Sandra: Sorry to hear about your purse and car. I hope you are felling better soon.
Welcome, Mindy!
Falon and Robin: I agree. I like my hubby as a friend as well. Nice to hear we are not the only ones.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:52 AM   #43  
Susan hockeyfan7

Morning ladies!

Sandra, I'm sorry you have to deal with all that crap -- just keep in mind that what goes around, comes around. They'll get theirs eventually.

John and I are each other's best friend too. But we both also understand the importance of alone time along with couple time.

I'm giving up on the South Beach stuff -- it's not working. Back to full-fledged Atkins Induction today. I had bacon, eggs and melted cheese for breakfast. Pork chops and salad for lunch. Pepperoni and Havarti for snacks. Don't know about dinner yet.

Well, I scheduled a doctor appointment on Monday morning. My TOM bleeding problem is back -- today is day 17! I'm considering an endometrial ablation to solve this problem once and for all. It's bad enough to have TOM one week out of the month, let alone for months on end.

My Avalanche are up 3 games to zip over the Dallas Stars in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. We can wrap up the first round on Friday if I can stay awake long enough - the game doesn't start until 8:00 p.m. And Detroit is down 2 games to 1 which is cause for steak all around!
Old 04-27-2006, 07:53 PM   #44  
Woman on a mission

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Well...today was blah. It's countdown time.....
Robin~Hi!! You are so funny..I can't stand being around my man..or anyone for that matter..for long periods of time. I'm weird that way, I guess.

Ciarra~Great to meet you~ I look forward to chatting with you in the future.
tickleyourfancies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:58 AM   #45  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

OMG guys I think I have strep throat. If I dont feel any better by tomorrow morning I am going to the ER cause since my military ID and liscense were stolen I cant get on base. I hope that all are well and I cant wait to get better and get back to the gym cause this just sucks and I feel kinda guilty and I feel like I am missing out. I hope you are all well and have a wonderful day. -Sandra
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote