Old 03-04-2006, 12:05 PM   #1  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Default SS Question #3

#3 What was the breaking point (or points) for you that you chose to lose weight?
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:25 PM   #2  
Going to ONEderland

My first breaking point was when I saw that if I didn't stop it I was going to weigh 300 pounds! I was 282 back in 2000 when that happened. I didn't know how to diet, though up until that point. My brother was doing Atkins and he loaned me the book. I didn't think I would ever do it, but I was curious about reading it since it wasn't something I knew about prior to that time. When I understood about ketosis and when I read what he had to say about "it isn't your fault" that you don't eat that much you just eat the wrong foods, that clicked for me. I had always known that was true for me, but I didn't understand what were the "wrong" or "right" foods.

So I read the book on the trip home, and started it the next day.

I had a second breaking point a couple of months ago when I reached 268.5 and none of my clothes were fitting like they should have been. Had to get back on track and get rid of all that regained weight. I didn't want to see myself gaining it ALL back.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:48 AM   #3  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

mine all fell together, I weighed 250 and had two ruptured discs and couldn't walk because they were so bad. Carrying 250 lbs. around cannot be good for your back.
Also, my mom was diagnosed as diabetic and a LOT of my family is diabetic and I decided I was not going down that road.
And my daughter, having lots of school things to go to, was embarrased to be seen with me. But that's all changed, and I am thankful!!!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:24 AM   #4  

Mine, in a nut shell, was getting on the scale and it was 201. Before the holidays, I was 190.. So, it was a matter of being out-of-control for me. I also injured my knees in high school, and in 15 years, have never had them fixed. As a result, I no longer have cartilige in either knee and my weight was causing so much pain, I would cry going up 6 stairs. That gets really old..LOL I know at some point I will have to have knee replacement (my left one first since that's the original knee of injury), but was told that if I took of some weight I could function better with regular adjustments from my chiropractor.. That's how I was able to function before hitting over 200. I decided I can't keep playing this game with myself!
Besides all that.. I'm only 4'11. Right now, my knees have minimal pain, and I am feeling so much better.
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:50 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

I weighed in at 170 pounds and knew that at the rate I was gaining weight I'd continue on. I also seen pictures of me and was SO disgusted. My sister said her FIL had lost a LOT of weight on Atkins and suggested I look into it (this of course after I complained I was fat. So no offense was taken). So I bought the book. It said to give it 2 weeks. I thought WTheck....I've got 2 weeks and then I'll just resign myself to being fat. WOW What a shocker! NOW I've got to get my mindset back on the "game" and work on losing the weight (again). This time I know better
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:22 PM   #6  
Susan hockeyfan7

My knee surgeon telling me bluntly that I was too fat and if I didn't lose the weight, I'd have to use a wheelchair in 10 years.

He royally ticked me off with the way he said it, so my plan is to schedule an appointment with him in December and maybe even stick my tongue out at him and say so there! I'll show him! He acted like he didn't believe I would be able to lose any.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 11:21 PM   #7  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I have liver failure and need a transplant. My doctor flat told me that I was too overweight to qualify for the procedure that could save my life. I knew then that I wanted to stay alive to see my children raised. He was quite straight-forward with it and I cried all the way home. That day I started on Atkins to try to lose this weight and improve my health. So far the results have been astounding and I am glad for the kick in the arse that he gave me.I had friends who had done wonderful with Atkins and since the dr. approved of this plan, I thought it would be best for me. It is working better than anything I have ever tried. Good Luck to Everyone
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote