Old 04-22-2006, 01:54 PM   #61  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks everyone for the advice with my family situation. I think that if my step-daughter does return with her 2 children, that I will make her pay rent and pay a daycare. It's true that maybe then she will want to get assistance and find her own place. I have a 5 bedroom home, so I know she thinks that it's easy to move in with us, because there is plenty of room. But, NO house is really ever big enough for 2 families. BTW her mother moved to Las Vegas this past November to live with her boyfriend. Her sisters ages 13 and 16 were left to live with their other sister who is only 20 yrs. old. The 20 yr. old is working full-time and going to RN school. She is getting married in July. So, not sure what's going to happen with the younger girls then.. They don't want to live with us, which I wouldn't mind the 13 yr. old, she's really a sweet girl. The 16 yr. old is totally out of control and would make my life a living nightmare. Also the mom's boyfriend has never had kids and doesn't want any of them in Vegas with them. Sometimes, I feel my husband just needs to get a place of his own and finish raising all his kids." Step up to the plate, kind of thing". I do love him dearly but with my health problems, I can't take on this whole other screwed up family. Enough about my problems, hope everyone is doing great with their weight loss journey. I took a relaxing day yesterday with my sister and my friend and went fishing. We had a lot of fun.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 02:43 PM   #62  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

OMG girls I am down 2 more lbs since yesterday and I am running my booty off. I went to the gym this morning and I ran my little heart out. I am even thinking about going back again tonight and running some more. Going again tomorrow morning. I changed my ticker to my actual begining weight instead of the weight I was when I began atkins. I am counting girls. I am so tickled. I hope that everyone else gets on a losing spree too. I have to actually thank whoever, sorry I cant go back and look who it was that said that the reason that we dont lose as good when we go our second time around cause we get lax in what we are eating. So I took a look at my self and did some evaluations and cut a lot out and I have begun losing again. So thank you ladies you are all such a inspiration to me. -Sandra
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 02:45 PM   #63  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hanging in there I will be making some big moves here soon.

After putng in 78 hours last week with 38 OT I was told we are salery and should not be having OT. and we should take time off instead. so guess what I will be takmy time off and getting my days off through most of the week. this will be fun!!! let them see how to run the place with all the nurse managers taking much of the days off due to working the floor too much. I figure that I only need to work 2 days next week with my OT this week and my extra time from last week. then I think I will take one of my remaining vacation times off the week after.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 06:17 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 205/166.2/150

Height: 5'3

Lacy, i love the new house. I bet you can't wait to decorate!!

Robin, and tennessee CONGRAT'S on the 6 lbs loss.......

Lilybelle, Sorry for the family trouble's. I hope everything works the way you want it. I also love fishing... hadn't been in years.

Sandra, Thats wonderful, glad to hear you are on the losing track...

Sue, You have been working hard. Have fun on your days off & congrat's on the 4 lbs loss.
Sounds like everyone is doing great with their weight loss......

I will weigh tomorrow to see if i get to change my ticker...Maybe a little... When TOM is over i hope to see more come off...
I had a frighting day today. This morning i got a call from my oldest son..(18)
My youngest son..(15) had a seizure. The first one ever. They were spending the weekend with their dad. Scared me to death. I told him to bring him home, so i could get him to the ER i didn't want to take any chance's. Their dad and stepmom's LIKE it's fine... it's normal for a 15 year old to have seizures. OH i was so upset!!!.. So i called the ER they said to bring him in...Get them to bring him home or for me to go get him.... Longer story short
he's OK... they ran a lot of tests and done a cat scan. The tests came back good. I was so relieved... They want him to see his doctor and have one more test to check his brain waves. So far he's doing good. Sorry for the long post. Everything was going through my mind even a mild stroke or something. I'm just so relieved...
Everyone have a Great weekend...
Candy
Candy In Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 06:52 PM   #65  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

That would be very scary Candy, Im glad he is doing good!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 11:27 PM   #66  

I'm so behind on personals.. It was such a busy week, but I wanted to say WELCOME to you new ladies I have yet to greet.

Has anyone seen Brenda? Haven't heard a peep from her, unless I missed something.

Sue - Enjoy your time off! Sounds like it's well deserved! I'm off to bed.. and i'll see you all in the morning. Gotta get back into my posting. I have been having withdrawls.

Love to you all...
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 09:36 AM   #67  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Goils,

Well, as much as I've been fighting it.... I'm going to do low carb again. My doc really recommends it (not no carb but low carb) so here I am. Doc says to eat meats first, then veggies, then if I have to carbs. OY !!!

Sooooooooooooooooooo here I is
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 09:54 AM   #68  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hey welcome back to the folds of low carb Leenie this is the only way I feel healthy.

I hope I can fight off the carb monster as it has been creeping up on me over the last few weeks. I am fighting to keep him at bay. jelly bean here and few more there then a handful in my pocket. well I will resolve to keep him gone as I start this week. with a new outlook and new resolve.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:00 AM   #69  
TemporaryFatChick

Quote:
Well, as much as I've been fighting it.... I'm going to do low carb again.
It's not so bad Leenie, really, I swear

There are things that I miss from the carb world, but once I discovered the following recipe sites, and started making some new things so I wasn't bored with what I eat, it's been much easier.
http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/lowcarb-recipes.html
http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/recipes.html

Also, try www.netrition.com for great prices and availability on LC ingredients, their service is excellent.

Welcome back, it's gonna be great once you're in the swing of things, and you can so do this!!!

Tenn

PS nothing tastes so good that it's worth trading a healthy body for!
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:24 AM   #70  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Welcome back Leenie everytime I stray from lowcarb to something else, I always end up coming back to it

Tenn~ thanks for those recipe sites, I didnt have those ones in my collection.

Sandra~ WTG on the extra 2lbs gone!!

Im going to try to stay off the scale until next friday. Im getting very anxious about it. I want it gone!! (the fat that is)

Not much planned for today...we all slept in this morning, so its a late start for us.

Have a great sunday ladies!
Old 04-23-2006, 11:54 AM   #71  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hope everyone is having a good day. I have hernia surgery on Wednesday to look forward to. YUCK. Thought I'd just maybe go down to the lake where my sister and friends are camping and do some fishing to take my mind off the surgery. Good luck everyone and thanks for letting me vent about my family situation, I am just trying to stay on program and get out of the house as much as possible.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:27 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

I'll be thinking about you lillybelle. enjoy your time fishing.
Robin: Looking forward to good scale news on Friday. I know you will see a loss.
Sue, try to banish those jelly beans quickly.
Leenie: Welocme to the group!
Falon, I hear you about busy. Things ahve been really busy for me lately too.

Well my mom took me shopping yesterday for my birthday. Size 10 black slacks and and extra large turquise shirt. Really wish I could get that extra large down to a more reasonanble size. Hopefully in time. I did remeasure my waist though and at it's smallest point I'm just slightly under 32 inches. I was hanging out at 33 inches for the longest there, so really happy to see those inches moving again.
My wonderfull husband is still hanging out on Atkins and finally feeling better. He's pretty deeply into ketosis and his blood sugar is finally coming down better. His blood pressure is doing a little better too. We will see what the scale says soon. Currently my night owl is sleeping. He is really getting challenging to cook for. I know he will quickly move into OWL and into more choices. Hoping he can get his weight down some before visiting his dr. in June.
Ya'll have a great day! Gotta motivate to get moving and get stuff done today.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:49 PM   #73  
Baby Steps

Just have time for a quick pop in. Read about all the awesome progress you all are making and wish I could say the same. My eating has been HORRIBLE. Well, not TOTALLY but enough junk thrown in to make me feel like a total oinker again. Hard to bring along healthy snacks while fishing. I do well for breakfast and supper it's the noon-time meal that stinks. And no water to speak of (except a glass before bed). As much as I love spending this time with DH it's just TOTALLY messing me up. I can't drink water while fishing because I don't have the "equipment" to pee off the side of a boat (if you know what I mean?) and holding it sometimes is impossible (as most of you know that drink tons of water and have small bladders). He's off for most of this next week as well. So once again I'll be MIA while he's home but I'll be back full strength when he's back at work. Right now just trying to keep my head and not gorge myself overly on all the Easter candy in the house. ARGH!!! Should I mention I've not stepped on the scale? Reality's going to bite me in the butt.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 05:52 PM   #74  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Thanks for the warm welcome back.... as some of you know I asked 3FC's to start an Atkins board back in 2004 when I lost 30 lbs following the plan. Well I had gained back the 30 plus 12 on top. GROWL!! I've since lost 38 of those but not on low carbing. I know I'll lose better staying away from all the junk but its so hard. Atkins is to strict so I'll be following just a lower in carb way of life. Like staying away from pasta, breads, rice which really is a no brainer for me but the really hard thing is the sweets and chips, even if they are baked.

Sooooooo here we go again LOL !!!!

Hey Brenda, betcha didn't expect to see me again
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 07:27 PM   #75  
Lovin' Life

ooooo baked lays They need to come up with a no potato potatochip