3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   What is for Easter Dinner? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/81534-what-easter-dinner.html)

RobinW 04-12-2006 01:16 PM

What is for Easter Dinner?

I just found out my brother and sil are also coming for dinner on Sunday.....so all dh's inlaw's will be here :lol:

I want to keep it low carb, but also lower fat, and Im looking for inspiration! What is on your menu?

Today its cleaning......cuz company's comin'
Then some grocery shopping tomorrow, once Ive decided what Im going to cook.

lilybelle 04-13-2006 12:03 AM

Ham, Green Salad, Deviled Eggs, Green Beans with Olive Oil. Snacks such as olives, cheeses, celery with cream cheese, chopped brocolli and cauliflower. For dessert, carb-free jello with whipped topping. This is what I will be having. Something for everyone.( Forgot the ranch dip.)

lady_adnerb 04-13-2006 10:31 AM

I'm thinking we'll stay home this year for Easter. So we've got a ham in the freezer I should take out and defrost. Maybe some green beans. And a lettuce salad for us. Potatoes for the girls. I'll have to check the carb count on some other stuff but so far I think that's what I'm going to plan. Going to try and stay away from the pistacchio salad (I believe it's also called watergate salad and other names as well. lol)

Sandi D 04-13-2006 10:46 AM

We are having company so Ill have mixed food.
Turkey, a Roast, some assorted veggies, Mock coliflower mashed potatoes, for deseert 2 pies and Ill make the cheesecake in little dishes so at least I can havea small taste.
sandi

hockeyfan7 04-13-2006 06:23 PM

Ham, cheese potatoes for the guys and either grilled asparagus or grilled zucchini -- haven't decided yet.

lilybelle 04-13-2006 11:05 PM

How do you make the mock cauliflower mashed potatoes? I haven't tried them . Are they tasty? I do eat cauliflower, so would probably like this. Thanks.

Tennessee 04-14-2006 08:16 PM

I'm going to someone else's house for dinner, and I'm bringing a pie :) It is so fresh and sweet and yummy, it's like a bite of Spring!

Carolyn's Strawberry pie
9 inch pie pan
4 c. strawberries
1 sm. SF cook and serve vanilla pudding
1 sm. SF strawberry jello
Whipped cream
Fill pie pan with chunked up fresh strawberries
In a saucepan mix one pudding mix with strawberry jello mix.
Add 1 1/4 cups of water to the pudding/jello powder mixture and blend well
Turn on the heat to med and whisk mixture until mixture comes to a boil
Pour over the strawberries in the pie pan and refrigerate until set
Slice like you would any pie and top with whipped cream.

Per Serving (based on 8 servings): 36 Calories; trace Fat (6.1% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 82mg Sodium.

RobinW 04-14-2006 09:16 PM

Well Ive decided......... roast beef, baby red potatoes, 3 veggies, and a spinach and strawberry salad....mom is bringing buttertarts for dh, and something strawberrish for dessert.