Old 04-16-2006, 09:05 AM   #61  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Happy Easter Everyone
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:32 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

wishes to everyone with the Easter candy!
I'm up and just filled my son's basket. Thankfully he doesn't like candy and treats that I do so no temptation there.
He has peeps, rice crispy treats and gummi savers. And the one thing I do like in his basket is Orbit gum. I started chewing it, he tried it and it is his favorite. So I may borrow a piece here and there. Bu that is a healthier choice anyway.

Dear husband seems a little down this morning. I think I came to the bottom of his ill moods this week. He says for every pound I lose he finds it. So he is considering doing atkins with me. I really hope he will decide to. He is diabetic type 2 and has been for 11 years (diagnosed young at 32). He has trygliceride issues and high blood pressure issues. I fix a lot of fish so his cholesterol is excellent. I know with Atkins he could get his weight down to a bit more manageable numbers and wth that he could get off that daily diabetes medicine. Diabetes is rampant in my family as well. Limited carbs should equal much better blood sugar. Hopefully his blood pressure meds as well. But he has to set down the salt shaker. His second love behind food. Anyway, I do hope he makes that decision for his own health. He has been exercising with me some and I know he would really enjoy the food choices, just would have to leave certain things alone. His biggest issues are he has severe allergic reactions to nutrasweet and he doesn't do well with splenda either. Anyway, I'm excited and hoping he will give it a try. And the big kicker for him is that once the weight is gone you can within limits enjoy most foods again. Atkins can be so misunderstood. When I first started he thought a salad was off limits.... Looking at the big picture it seems much more doable to him.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:38 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Hey, tennessee!
Just as a long shot do you think it might be yeast/candida related? The stalls that is. I have seen people with stalls that said that caused it for them. They treated it with probiotics. I'm not sure how the links stuff works but I know there is a lot of information on it on the net, Might give it a google. Especially if you recently had antibiotics or have a history of any yeast issues.
You have been so diligent, would love to see your stall break.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:28 AM   #64  
Going to ONEderland

Tennessee, the first time I did Atkins (started where you started) I got to 232 and couldn't lose below it for a very long time. It was like the body needed a rest and just wasn't going anywhere until it was ready. I kept trying for 2 years and then one summer I started lifting weights. Finally I started dropping a little more weight. Got down about 10 pounds lower. Then I did Body for Life and I couldn't really do Atkins during that time. It was too much intense exercise to get by on 20 grams of carb or less. So I ate, but I worked out HARD 6 days a week. At one point during that time a friend convinced me to go 20 grams and I did get as low as 220, but it nearly killed me getting there and I felt horrible no energy to do my workout etc.

I think that the body needs a rest after 50 pounds. I think it is a natural slowing. Give yourself time to get below this one. It is known as a plateau. Be patient. Stay on plan. The losses will eventually come, but you may have to wait awhile.

Judy, I agree with you about goals "by a specific time". They tend to discourage me too if I don't make them. I've set a few and not made them and haven't been happy with myself. On the other hand I regularly set small goals and as I make them I set a new one. I call it a 4/3/3 plan. I started losing at 282, so the 4 part of the plan puts me at something ending with an 8 of the next lower decade. For instance right now I'm aiming for 228 then I go for the mid number at 225 and then for 222. (When I make 222 I will be 60 pounds off from my highest). I like doing it this way because the first number puts me below the 10 mark, the next one puts me square in the middle, and the third one puts me at a new 10 pounds lost mark.

It has been working for me very well. But I also have a goal to be in "onederland" by July. I see my family then and I'd like to surprise them. That goal has left me feeling defeated a few times even though I've still got time to reach it. I have marked on my calendar where I need to be by specific dates in order to be on track for making that goal and I've been so OFF track that a few times it has discouraged me.

Since my fast this past week I feel a little closer to being on track though so I'm a little more hopeful.

I did eat a little last night. Not much, but some. Scale this morning was the same as yesterday morning which disappoints me a little, but at least it wasn't up. I was afraid that eating anything would make the scale rise.

I'm planning to go back on my fast today and see if I can't stay with it until I reach 220 or so. I'd really like to hit below that number so that I will be in new "virgin fat" territory. I want and need to be working on new losses. I'm really tired of playing catchup. When you consider that I lost 14 pounds in a 5 day fast, I think I could get to 219 in another week if I seriously work at it.

I think the family will be less worried about me now that they know I've eaten something so maybe it is doable. Gonna try anyway. I'm a little less afraid of breaking the fast now. I saw that what I ate yesterday didn't cause any upset in my stomach, so I think its all cool.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 07:47 PM   #65  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Happy Easter to all!

Went to the In Laws this weekend. I ended up doing 16.5 hours yesterday while I was suposed to do only 4 (did 78 hours total last week great OT!!) came home this am at 8 am rested for a hour then got up and went to the inlaws. I did manage to eat a few small pieces of candy but stayed on tract. I was very happy. Yes I am almost dead and will be heading to bed immedicatly after I set the coffee for the morning and say HI!

My dissapointment is that I have lost 35 lbs and NO BODY noticed. My face is considerably thinner and well though I wore my baggy pants, and a baggy sweater, (I was too tired to have to deal with many questions) I had no questions to answer. Not even a gee sue you look a little thinner, or have you been losing weight? I have not told anybody what I have been doing or that I am working out. My pants look like they belong in a refugee camp they are soo baggy, where they were always tight and I have not seen them since early January. My MIL gets too nervous if it is noticed that you are losing too quickly so I was trying to avoid many of her anxiety but NOTHING from ANY BODY??? DH said (jokingly) maybe you did not lose enough to make a difference. (I did hit him)
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:07 PM   #66  
Going to ONEderland

How frustrating. That has got to be annoying. I have lost 15 pounds since last Monday. You'd think SOMEONE would say something. Nah. I have lost 38 and a half since mid December. I think I've only had one person outside the family really comment on it.

People are self absorbed. They don't notice usually.

I woke up this morning and weighed 230. I realize when I think about it that if I want to be at my "ideal" weight (or at least my ideal weight when I was 17) I am exactly 100 pounds above that mark now. I guess in some ways it is kind of creepy to lose over 50 pounds and still be at the point where you could afford to lose another hundred!

I'm not going to think about it though. My goal is to get to 219, and that is only 11 pounds away. I can do it.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:30 AM   #67  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Sherry: try not to beat yourself up!!! 50 lbs is a very significant amount, try to tell yourself how awesome you've done and how you're going to be able to get rid of the rest instead instead of looking at how much more you've got to go. You're doing AWESOME, you're an inspiration to everyone who sees you, talks to you and knows you here on the boards. So hold that head HIGH, you deserve it!!!

I'm gonna start a 'Hot Mama on Mother's day thread'. It's not a whole month so maybe it'll help some of us to set our goals lower so that they are more achievable LOL

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote