Vitamins

• I know that there was a thread like this earlier, but I didnt have time to dig for it. I am going to buy some vitamins today and my question is this I was reading the book and it said to get a multivitamin that has no iron and a few other requirements. Any suggestions?

I already bought some phsyllium husks A.K.A Metamucil, but on the pack it says that if you dont drink it with enough water that your throat can close up and you can suffocate. Now I just wanted to take one teaspoon at night, but that kinda freaked me out. And it also says only take when constipated, so kinda confused on that one.

The only one that I am sure about it the fish oil that I am going to get because I dont touch fish period.

Please share your thoughts.

-Sandra
  • I don't pay attention to the iron part in vitamins.

As for the Metamucil, as long as it's well mixed you shouldn't have a problem. I think they're talking like if you'd put more mix than water it could possibly get stuck. And my mom takes metamucil pretty much daily as a preventive measure. To make sure she DOESN'T get constipated.
  • I'm taking One a day carb smart.
  • I take a multi, fish oil, vit. c (just to fight everything), b-12 cause I was told it prevented hair loss, and Calcium - ladies we all need to be taking extra calcium !!!
  • Centrum Silver is a good vitamin to take.
  • Thanks guys.
  • The only "vitamin" (actually its a mineral) that I've ever really felt I needed on Atkins is potassium. Sometimes in induction I'll get leg cramps while sleeping and I know that means a loss of potassium. I like the B vitamins for water retention, but don't feel I need them all the time.
  • Well I dont get any leg cramps, but I will look into the vitamin b.
  • I forgot I did take potasium when I first did induction because I did have leg cramps, but I don't have to anymore...weird. And yep the b complex is awesome.
  • calium helps with the leg cramps too....
    if they should become a problem.
  • Magnesium helps leg cramps too.
  • I take Theragran-M, Potassium, and Calcium with Vitamin D every day. Did have to get Rx. Potassium, because level is critically low the last few times it was tested. I did notice that anytime my Potassium level was low, that weight loss stalled until I got it back up to normal.