What are physillium (sp) husks?

• I know that the book says to take them, but what are they and what do they do?
  • they are to help aid in having a bowel movement. When eating Atkins style, we don't get much (if any) fiber and those assist with that
  • yeah i've been having a real problem with this

where can we buy them???
  • A psyllium husk is the crushed seeds of a plant, and a great source of soluble fiber. They form bulk bulk in the intestines because the soluble fiber from psyllium husk forms a gel when mixed with liquid. Be sure you drink you water when you take them, to help things move along smoothly

I get psyllium in cap form at Target. A huge bottle is less than $5.00 and it works like a charm.

Tenn
  • Quote:
    I get psyllium in cap form at Target. A huge bottle is less than $5.00 and it works like a charm.

Tenn
    Thanks Tennessee,

I don't have a target around here.. But I may try Walmart they seem to have everything!
  • There is a product called "Per Diem" that has psyllium husks in it. You might check for that. You take a teaspoon with a glass of water and they create the fiber you need to help move things along.
  • Ok well I am going to have to check out Target. Thanks guys. That might help a bit.
  • A few weeks after I started Atkins I was so uncomfortable and crampy I was ready to cry. I asked the girls here and they got me "going" in no time. I don't like the liquid stuff, but I've had good luck with the caps.