Have you ever just had one of those days?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Today is one of them for me. For starters last night when I went out to go to work my stupid car wouldn't start. I was in a panic because I really only know like one person in this town (I've lived here 4 years and don't really have and "friends" other than one..the rest are just aquaintantces.) Anyway...it finally started, but that being said I knew I would be sleep deprived because I would have to take it to the chevy dealer to get it looked at. So I get home this a.m. and get my kids to school and sitter (after of course having a fight with my DD... ) call the chevy garage and they say bring it in at 10:30. So I get an hour and a half of sleep. Take my car to the garage and thankfully it was only the battery, but to make myself feel better and to attempt to stay awake had a STUPID donut at the dealership...along with a cup of coffee. SO $110 later and 2 hours later I head home to get another 2 hours of sleep before it was time to tend to the kids again. I know that I am just whining, but then after eating the donut this a.m. I had some nacho chips for supper. Not very many, but any is too many. So I'm feeling VERY STUPID AND DUMB. THe one thing I dont' want to do anymore is eat to feel better. So I'm hoping tomorrow is better, but had to whine just a little.

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm back on track in my mind and am only taking a shake to work with me.
  • Jackie those days do happen just live and learn. Some times when you are sleep deprived (and lord know I know what that is like) there is not much to do but learn, next time you will have a bar in your purse for just those emergencies. (atkins or low carb protien bar) and you will feel so much stronger for that. so just take a deep breath and have a good snooze and tomorow is another day.
  • Sometimes it just happens, but today's a new day, and you're back on track! Congratulations on not letting it make you want to quit. Be sure to drink a lot of water to flush out the excess salt and maybe avoid the scale for a few days. You'll be ok
  • I was having a few of those days, but I am doing good now.
  • awww, I'm sorry !! It's a full moon, sometimes people have weird days on full moons (anyway I think it is!). I know what you mean about the friends thing, I haven't had 'a friend' come over to my house in three YEARS. I hope that tomorrow is a lot brighter for you, and AWESOME job for not running to food to cheer you up!

Lacey
  • Thanks ladies. I'm so much better today. Got lots of sleep, eating is right on plan, and ITS FRIDAY FOR ME. I have Thursday and Friday night off. YIPPEE. That means that I get 3 days off. What a great feeling!!!
  • Jackie Good spirit.

Did we ask what do you do that you work nights?
  • I work for the Railroad as a Yardmaster. I get to tell men what to do all night.
  • What an interesting job!!! I think it's awesome how you saw what you did and have a plan for next time. WTG
  • And by the way Lacey...I TOTALLY agree about the full moon, I swear it changes people. I'm usually not superstitious, but the full moon thing may have some validity.
  • Jackie, I've had those days too. Hang in there. Like someone else said -- I never go anywhere without a low-carb bar of some kind in my purse -- there is an Atkins one in there now.

My DH was working for the railroad as one of the people who moves the trains in the yard. He went through the training class and passed the technical part, but they wouldn't pass him on the class because they said he was not a safe enough driver! Boy do I still tease him about that -- he scares me when he drives anywhere. He's never caused an accident (he's been stopped at a light or a stop sign and rear ended by another driver several times) but he has 23 tickets in his lifetime.
  • holy cow...23 tickets....thats ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure I'd ride anywhere with him
  • Jackie, I guess when he was in training driving the train, he ran over a blue sign once. I don't know what that means, but I understand it's bad.
  • Oh wow...yep that's pretty bad. Never want to run over a blue light. I hope he's found something that suits him better.
  • My Dh is a track foreman. and does a variety of jobs. I love the idea of telling men what to do.