3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   What are your fears? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/78512-what-your-fears.html)

Cafe Ole 04-18-2006 01:32 PM

SPIDERS! That will always be a given! My dh says I can smell them out in my sleep.

For the weight loss? Not worried about being accepted more, if you don't accept me now, I won't accept you later just because I am thin.

I am very worried that all my hard work on tummy tapes & my weights for my arms won't work and I will be really flabby when I am at my goal. Not sure how I could handle that - $$ is a huge factor.

I am also worried that I will slip and gain it all back. What if my self esteem doesn't come back and I still don't find myself attractive?

I also worry how to come up with the $$ for new clothes LOL I know stop laughing, my clothes are hanging on me. We should have a place where you can drop off your bigger clothes and exchange them for smaller ones - like a 3FC trading program

AnnieFannie 04-18-2006 01:53 PM

I have to agree. The fear of having money to buy new clothes. I don't have much for clothing. Not only because I hate to buy clothes, but I just don't want to have to get rid of it all. That would be great to exchange the bigger stuff for something smaller. I guess I'll be looking at garage sales this summer. It's a cheaper alternative to buying all new clothes. Plus you can find some really good deals on some hardly worn clothing.

Born2run2 04-18-2006 06:45 PM

I'm afraid that after all of this it won't do any good and I am going to stay a chubby person, or worse i'll lose it and it will pile back on. Judy

tammy1214 04-21-2006 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2run2
I'm afraid that after all of this it won't do any good and I am going to stay a chubby person, or worse i'll lose it and it will pile back on. Judy

I agree!!!!!!!

Candy In Alabama 04-21-2006 02:26 PM

I am afraid of gaining it back as well. I have always yo- yoed. But this time i have all of you. It will be different...I know the way now...:D ..
As for clothes... I guess i'll hit the yard sales. We have a big one that comes through here in August its called the longest yard sale..450 miles of it.... goes on for a week!!!.... I'll have to save my money. The bad thing is it comes right in front of my house, its takes forever to get out of the driveway. :yikes:

SherryA 04-21-2006 08:07 PM

I'm afraid that I will get stuck and not be able to lose any weight. I worry so much when the scale goes up and down, up and down, and I can't keep it consistently moving in the direction that I want.

Doesn't seem to make any difference how I try to lose it, this seems to be my pattern. Frustrating. Hopefully my fears won't be realized and I will be able to keep it going south.

rebeleagle1965 04-22-2006 03:50 AM

Loose skin for sure....I've destroyed my body three times with a "to **** with it and hog out" attitude during each of my pregnancies. Skin elasticity is genetic, and for some of us, it's just not going to snap back no matter what you do and surgical removal (which I can't afford either) is the only hope for it. Still-it's better than being fat, so I'll just slather myself with skin firmers, pray for a miracle, and then sport that swimsuit anyway.

AnnieFannie 04-22-2006 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebeleagle1965
Loose skin for sure... it's just not going to snap back no matter what you do and surgical removal (which I can't afford either) is the only hope for it. Still-it's better than being fat.

I agree. I would rather be stuck with the loose skin then keep being fat. I just don't know if I'll have the nerve to go out and sport that swimsuit. I think I still be a bit self conscious about it. But I am sure after time I can get over. If only, I could inheirit or win lots of money, then I could afford that tummy tuck as well as a couple other procedures.:D

rebeleagle1965 04-23-2006 01:33 AM

Ladies-as for the new clothes....garage sales are the best, but I live in a rural area where that's probably not gonna happen. Shop Ebay! I just bought a brand new pair of jeans (still with tags) that retail for $40.00, which I got for $0.99 plus $2.50 s+h. That's how I got all of my maternity clothes...I couldn't see paying that much for things I'd only be able to wear for a few months, so I'm hitting it again for my diet stages. When you're down another size, you can resell them there, too, and get most if not all of your money back!

Cafe Ole 04-24-2006 08:58 AM

Great idea! Duh I didn't think about Ebay for clothes (although I buy & sell lots of other things on there) --- Thanks! :)