3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Jan. 16th to 22nd Weekly Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/73039-jan-16th-22nd-weekly-chat.html)

beckamundo 01-16-2006 08:53 AM

Jan. 16th to 22nd Weekly Chat

Well this weekend was not how it said it would be on Friday. I did exercise some, but not enough. I did eat some of the right foods, but more the wrong foods than needed. I could have made good choices, I just didn't. I'm not making any excuses, I just got mad and said the **** w/everything. Today will be better.

I will comment later on today/tonight. Have a good & OP day.

Leenie 01-16-2006 09:40 AM

Hi Chicklets... :D

Have an extra wonderful week :)

lady_adnerb 01-16-2006 02:10 PM

Bec: I think there are just days we throw in the towel..and then the next day pick it back up and go on :) You're doing SO great! Keep up the great work!!

Leenie: :wave: How's it going??

Well, my sisters surgery went well. VERY fast. And I didn't have to do a thing for the GS meeting tomorrow. I did the 2 mile WATP tape and when DH comes home I'm going to make him do a tape with me :lol: He said he needed to start exercising as well. I don't feel as tired/sore after doing the 2 mile as I thought I would. So I'm pumped!! Still drinking the cappuccino and looking forward to it being gone and drinking more water. Hoping that'll bump off some of this weight. Even if I lost a pound a week I'd be happy :) I took my measurements and I'll keep track of them during my WI on Saturdays. I've got measurements from when I first started. YIKES! That'll teach me. I should see if I can make a graph of them! lol. Shock treatment!! Anyway, hope everyone is having an OP day and getting their water in :)

RobinW 01-16-2006 02:20 PM

Afternoon :sunny:

EM and Tennessee~ check in pls. Tenn, we havent heard from you since the holidays. I hope your mom is alright. Em, you made a very passionate post last we heard from you, if you're lurking, pop in and say hey and that you're ok.

Well, I didnt get on the scale this morning, but I did pull out the measuring tape! I've lost 6.5 inches (all over) I havent a clue what that translates to lbs, but I dont plan to get on the scale until the 25th....thats one month from xmas, then again on the 14th. So as long as the tape measure shows a decline, Im not going to worry about it. :)

Ive discovered something. Everyone promotes green tea for its weightloss properties. Well, I never noticed a difference when I drank it. BUT Ive noticed a huge difference in my skin and overall appearance! For the last few months I had been trying everything I could get my hands on to brighten up my face. It just seemed so grey and dull....lots of shadows. I was eating great, getting lots of sleep, and taking my vitamins. I couldnt figure out what was going on, I felt like I was looking older and older by the day. Not a good thing! Ive been drinking green tea (hot) for the last week. My complextion is visibly brighter, and I look so much more rested!! I always knew this tea was good for my skin, because I always seen the difference, but for some reason this winter, it has made a huge difference! So.....there is my endorsement for green tea :D

If you are ever looking for another motivational thread, check this one out..
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72927

Im off to go for my walk, then a workout (which I dont want to do :( ) BUT I know I can get to goal by the summer, and Im going to do my best to get there!

Later!

RobinW 01-16-2006 02:22 PM

Brenda~ Im glad your sisters surgery went well. A weight off your mind Im sure. :) Keep up with the water. Good for you getting your dh to do a workout with you. I cant mine to do any workout tapes. He will get on the trampoline tho. Babysteps with them :lol:

Sonnet 01-16-2006 02:24 PM

Hi everyone, I hope everyone stays on plan today. I have, so far. :crossed:
I was ready to go to town and get a bunch of things done, but I forgot it's a holiday, so here I sit with a check and no place to cash it. Well, that puts a halt to all my plans. Looks like I get to stay home and do fun housework while wearing mascara and lipstick. :lol:

RobinW 01-16-2006 02:26 PM

while wearing mascara and lipstick? hmmmm..... is hubby around? ;)

Sonnet 01-16-2006 02:27 PM

PS I need to read last weeks thread and catch up on everyone so I can do personals. :dizzy:

ChrisNeedsLessWeight 01-16-2006 02:36 PM

Hi..and I guess I will just jump right into weekly chat.. LOL Iam not sure where to talk about specific things so if I am messing up just let me know.. Okay I am curious what you all do for exercise?? I am having a bad few days and this is going to sound awful but..... my daughter (who is 4) came down with the throw up bug saturday night.. now usually over the weekend I will not exercise both days so not being able to do it sunday wasn't a HUGE deal even though in the back of my mind all day I really wanted to.. but with football on and all I knew no one could take care ofher like me.. so I skipped...well this morning I was planning to get up at 6am to do my treadmill even though it is a holiday and all the kids would be sleeping I just knew if I didn't get up early I wouldn't get a change.. so I set the alarm but 5mins before it is ready to go off Jenna wakes up sick again.. :( So now she is a bit better now more vomitting but I feel so guilty becuase all I can think about is when/how I can exercise today... have any of you ever felt this obcessed with it??? I am truly thinking about bringing her to the playroom and doing my treadmill but what if she gets sick while down there I will feel horrible.. if I wait til hubby gets home then it is late and I hate exercising at night because then I can't sleep... AHHH I don't knwo what to do but I know I am dying thinking I have to skip another day.... I am terrible huh?? here my daughter is sick... I feel awful but I have never in my 12 years of being a SAHM thought about myself.. and now I finally am and I feel guilt.. go figure.. okay done ramblin thanks for listening if you got this far.. :)

ChrisNeedsLessWeight 01-16-2006 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobinW
Well, I didnt get on the scale this morning, but I did pull out the measuring tape! I've lost 6.5 inches (all over) I havent a clue what that translates to lbs, but I dont plan to get on the scale until the 25th....thats one month from xmas, then again on the 14th. So as long as the tape measure shows a decline, Im not going to worry about it. :)

That is AWESOME... WTG:bravo:

bnbsmommy1 01-16-2006 02:55 PM

Hi girls, just wanted to pop in and see how you were all doing!!!!

:wave:

spent the weekend with biological father having christmas with the family. He didn't utter a single word about my weight loss so far but I'm realizing now that it wasn't him that I'm doing this for anyway.

Gettin' a new king size bed put in today and can't wait, we've been sleeping on a queen with my 3 year old who refuses to sleep in her bed and it's been getting a little...ummmm..crowded.

On another topic...what do y'all think about breast implants?? There's a girl at work getting them and it got me to thinking about maybe possibly getting them or getting what I have lifted. How do you all feel about it for yourselves?? Have any pro or con stories??

ChrisNeedsLessWeight 01-16-2006 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnbsmommy1
On another topic...what do y'all think about breast implants?? There's a girl at work getting them and it got me to thinking about maybe possibly getting them or getting what I have lifted. How do you all feel about it for yourselves?? Have any pro or con stories??

First off WTG on your weight loss even if your Bio Dad didn't say a word I am from your counter on teh bottom.. WTG keep up the GREAT job!!!

Hmm the whole breast implant I think this... and this is JMO... I would LOVE to have a lift on my chest once I am done loosing weight.. I won't get a breast implants for a few reasons..... now this is based also on the ones I have seen so I am sure there is information that I don't know haven't seen. I wouldn't get one because I feel from seeing Plastic Surgery on TV it is sooo darn invasive.. I just don't think that is worth it IMO...and as far as the appearance after.. they look great in some clothing but honestly I can tell they are fake.. there is very few that I was shocked they were fake.. if they would look more 'natural' in there liftiness (is that a word..lol) I would be more for it.. but they rock affect non movement up so high is what is unappealing to me.. now mind you if mine were like that I wouldn't be complaining.. so it is a double edged sword to me.. lol I know i am no help at all huh? Good luck in your decision

RobinW 01-16-2006 05:20 PM

Lacey, glad you're back! As for the breast surgery....I wouldnt do it. I would love to mind you, but I enjoy them....and so does dh...just the way they are. Without giving out too much information....if I had implants it just wouldnt be the same...and I honestly dont think dh and I would have as much fun ;) Id love to have them lifted and looking perky again, but hey, Im 40, this is where they are suppose to be, I like them well enough. Im not going to mess with them just yet ....maybe in a few more years :D I do want a tummy tuck tho!!! My ultimate weight loss goal prize!

SherryA 01-16-2006 10:01 PM

Hi guys, I was really happy with the scale this morning. I've only been trying again to take off the weight since December 13th. The scale shocked me that day (at 268.5). Horrors!

So I lost a little while just beginning to think about it and then started Atkins again on January 1st. I started with very modest goals for the month. On January 4th I weighed 264.5 So I set 259 for my goal. Reached that on January 7th. Then I set a new goal of 255. I reached that one today. So now my new goal before the month is over is 252. When I reach that point I will be exactly 30 pounds down from my all time high weight that I had in 2000 before I first started Atkins.

Yeah. I'm really impatient. Trying not to be, trying just to let it come when it comes. But I love getting on that scale and seeing a new lower number!

Celebrating EVERY success. My body feels SO much better just from a month ago. I know it is only 13 and a half pounds, but it is really amazing the difference in my clothing already. I put my black stretchy pants on today and they didn't feel like they were about to rip the seams out! A month ago that would have been what would have happened.

Atkins is a wonderful diet. I think this time I'm really going to make it all the way. The difference? I think the change has finally hit and I won't have those hormonal swings (and chocolate cravings) to deal with so much any more.

lady_adnerb 01-17-2006 07:11 AM

Robin: Any type of green tea or a specific type? I'll have to look into that, thanks for the advice :) WTG on the inches gone!!

Sonnet: :wave:

Christine: WTG on thinking of yourself! Sometimes you have to or you'll just go BONKERS. I can speak from experience because for the LONGEST time (MANY years) I did the same thing. Then I finally started taking time for ME. So keep up the great work!!

Lacey: I'm not for breast implants. Mainly because it can be dangerous and most often it doesn't look natural. But it's a personal choice.

Sherry: :wave: WTG on making your goals and remember...slow and steady wins the race. You didn't gain weight overnight (even though sometimes I think I did :lol: ) so you won't lose it all overnight. Keep up the great attitude :)

Well, another day and I stayed up WAYYY too late last night. But I'm so proud of myself for all the exercise I got in yesterday. And I feel GREAT! Well, my body is a little out of it, but not as bad as I thought I'd be. And I "feel" better-know what I mean? Won't have time to do a ton of exercising today. I need to figure out a way to strength train my legs. I've got a barbell in the basement for my arms and such but not really anything for my legs. Suggestions anyone??