Old 01-07-2006, 04:33 PM   #1  
Taaa Daaa!

Wink Talk about a kick in the butt!

Ok so I go to the regular doctor and get the OK to go ahead with my diet and exercise plan.

Then yesterday, I go to the OBGYN for my annual oil change. Well DBF and I have "sorta" been talking about having another baby. It wouldn't be soon, but we would probably have started trying sometime this year. So I decide to ask her what she thinks, being as she delivered my son and I had a lot of problems (not due to weight). Well I got on the scale, since I didn't know my weight. I knew I had gotten big, but reality slapped me in the face. I weigh now, the same as I did when I delivered my son. This is the biggest I have ever been in my life.

I already knew that I need to lose weight before TTC, but she tells me that if I get pregnant now, I would be extremely high risk. That my weight would endanger myself and my baby, and I would face exactly the same problems I had with my son, and worse. She informs me that I need to lose at least 70lbs before thinking about it.

I was so crushed. That seems like it will take forever. The only fast thing I know of is medifast/optifast and they are so expensive. Like 150 a week just for the shakes. I can't afford that. So I am back onto the only other thing I know that works, and that I can live with (I was planning on doin it anyways) and that is lowcarb.

I just wish I didnt have to hit so low to kick myself into gear.

Anyway, I'm back, started today, got withdrawls already LOL. I can't wait until they are gone, I love the "after" feeling. Looking forward to re-connecting with the "oldies" and getting to know the "newbies".

SEE YA AROUND!
Tuuurtlemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 04:45 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Welcome back Randi!! It wont take that long to get the 70lbs off. I managed 27 in 6 weeks....stick to your plan, and you will do great!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 04:51 PM   #3  
Taaa Daaa!

lol I need 111 It just makes everything seem so far away, but it wouldn't be worth it if we didn't have to work for it right? Thanks for the encouragment Robin, nice to see you again!
Old 01-07-2006, 10:17 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

Hi there Randi and welcome back. You'll lose it in no time and you've got the perfect "reward" for losing it...a bundle of joy Pop on in the weekly chat
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:37 AM   #5  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Nice to meet you Randi!! Your decision to stick with Atkins instead of just shakes sounds wonderful and much more healthy (I've never heard of either, but YOWZERS that sounds expensive!)

GOOD LUCK!! And what a reward you get!!!!
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:14 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good luck Sweetie !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 10:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Hi, Champion lurker here, just wanted to toss my $.02 cents in. I did Atkins a couple of years ago, to all the ladies from way back!

First of all, I lost like 40lbs on Optifast but I just couldn't keep it off once I went back to normal food because I hadn't changed any of my eating habits. Atkins is super and I lost 50 pounds in a year so you can do it!!

Secondly, I too had an OB that thought my weight was going to interfere with getting pregnant, having a good pregnancy, etc. I weighted in the low 200's (220?) for both my pregnancies and they were fine. With my second, the OB tested me THREE TIMES for gestational diabetes because of my weight, including the longer, three hour test and I was fine all three times. Yes, it would definitely be healthier to weigh less when you get pregnant but being heavy doesn't necessarily preclude a perfectly healthy pregnancy.

Good Luck!!
kfs151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:24 AM   #8  

HA! I recognize that little hamster! Kim! How are you doing? Any complications? 21 lbs. is great! I haven't been over to the WLS board for a bit to check on you. Hope things are good.

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:10 PM   #9  
Taaa Daaa!

Thanks everyone. I know I'm doing the right thing. I knew I had to lose weight before getting PG, but still - having someone else tell you doesn't make you feel very good LOL.

I decided against the optifast for a variety of reasons. Right now I'm doing my own things. I think it's more south beath then Atkins, but either way I know it's very healthy. I'm looking forward to watching it all drop off....eventually. I know the hardest part is getting started and waiting for that first "drop". Once you get going and actually start losing, thats a bit more of a motivator!
Old 01-08-2006, 08:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Kel! So far so good. The kids gave me the flu over the weekend but it was one of those 24 hour things so I am ok today. I see my Dr. tomorrow and will get my first fill appt. It is a little strange but I really do feel full after a LOT less food than before. Now I just need to get exercising!

BTW: I love your new photo - you look great!
kfs151 is offline   Reply With Quote