Old 01-07-2006, 04:49 PM   #1  
Taaa Daaa!

Lightbulb Nifty tools and other secrets...

Ok so I thought I would give us all a chance to post our best kept secrets. Things you do that seem to do something special for you in return, or maybe there is a little tool you use out there that someone else might find handy?

Share if you like!

I know everyone likes fit day, but for those who don't have the link yet its www.fitday.com

I also have a conversion calculator that I use:

<---Linkosuction-->
http://www.3fatchicks.com/food/volume-conversion.php

It converts liters to fluid oz, etc..

Here's a nifty carb counter:
A calorie counter:
<---Linkosuction-->
http://www.3fatchicks.com/food-calorie-counts/

A counter for calories burned, BMI, activity etc..
<---Linkosuction-->
http://www.3fatchicks.com/diets/diet-calculators.php

Edited to say sorry, if I had known 3FC had those kind of tools I would have used their links. Thanks for whomever changed them.

Last edited by Tuuurtlemama; 01-09-2006 at 04:26 PM.
Tuuurtlemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:18 PM   #2  
Baby Steps

Sorry, I don't use any type of tools. Just my "lovely" scale *blech*
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:43 AM   #3  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Talking

My journal is my big helper. It's actually just a college ruled notebook.

I've got a little "WHEN I STALL" list in the back. It has helped me...

WHEN I STALL:

plan meals a day ahead
have a shake for supper
increase exercise
increase water

I also printed out what I'd look like at each goal weight from that clothes trying on site (anyone remember it?) and I taped all of the people onto the back of my book. When I reach one of the goals I put the date above their heads.

Goals are also posted on the inside cover and I mark the day they are reached too. Along with quotes and inspiring pictures all over it. I call it my 'fat girl book' and when I lose it everyone knows what I'm talking about LOL

On each entry is the date, how much I weigh that day and
breakfast:
Lunch:
Supper:
Supplements:
exercise:

It has helped IMMENSLEY!!!
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:01 PM   #4  
Taaa Daaa!

Thanks bnbsmommy1, thats a great tip. I would love to see something like after you're all done then.

I believe the website you are talking about is: www.mvm.com

(my virtual model)

I think I am going to put together a book like that. I love it!
Old 01-09-2006, 09:10 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Lacey, that idea of the book is FANTASTIC! Might need to make one of those myself! When I originally started Atkins I faithfully took measurements every week (Saturday). But I kind of got out of that habit. I should start that up again AND add your ideas--would make for a great help I think Thanks for the idea
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:04 AM   #6  
Atkins Lover

I'm w/Brenda I use the scale. I do use a cookbook or the calories on the back of packages and keep track that way. It doesn't always happen, but at least I have some kind of idea as to how many calories I'm eating. I keep one of those dry erase magnet boards on my fridge w/the pen and mark out all my progress daily as far as water, exercise, calories and carbs on it. Sometimes it stops me from making a bad choice, other times not. I LOVE the journal idea. I used to do a daily journal w/my devotionals, but haven't in awhile. I need to do that again. Thanks for sharing.
beckamundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:25 PM   #7  
Taaa Daaa!

I'm going to use fitday to log my food. The program kinda annoys me, having to put every little thing in when trying to add a new product, but we'll give it a whirl.

Lacey, I loved your book idea so much I went and bought the perfect notebook last night. I took my fat pics today, my starting day, and I printed out my MVM pics in 20lb loss increments. When I hit each goal I'll take a real pic and put it under the MVM pic too. I just need to do my measurements. We get so used to looking at ourselves each day that I think we forget how far we may have come. It will be nice to look back and be able to see the changes. I think 20lb goals are pretty realistic too. I hope anyways
Old 01-09-2006, 05:27 PM   #8  
Taaa Daaa!

Another lil thing that I find helpful is cooking on the weekends for the week. I don't mean spending all Sunday in the kitchen though unless that floats your boat. I just cook any snacks that I might want. Usually my meals are leftover from the next day until dinner when I cook something new. But I cook hb eggs and turkey bacon and anything that would be a quick snack for me, but needs to be cooked. This way I have it there, I don't have to worry about taking the time to cook and clean up the mess during the week, and I tend to stay OP that way.