3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Merry Christmas to Me Challenge.... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/67776-merry-christmas-me-challenge.html)

RobinW 10-31-2005 03:05 PM

Merry Christmas to Me Challenge....

Alright, here it is.

Thanksgiving is coming, and so is Christmas. I know I always have a very hard time getting thru these holidays. But, my thought was.....as we are getting our shopping done for the holidays, what would you like to have as a reward for making your goals? Wrap it up and put it under the tree, or go out and indulge in your pleasure as a christmas present just for you, from you, because you are beautiful!

December is very difficult for many, with all the christmas parties to attend, all the christmas baking to dodge. If we can get a good month in before all the festivities, we should be good!

So....

1. Pick your "achieved by" dates (as many as you want)
2. Pick the goals you want to achieve by those dates
3. Post your food log here everyday
4. Post your exercise here everyday
5. Post your success and struggles everyday
6. Pick your reward....and wrap it in something unique, so it stands out, as your reminder.

Here is mine (all written in present tense....think it, write it, imagine it, believe it, and it will happen)

1. November 30/05 my size 18 jeans are TOO big.

2. I have exercised at least 4x a week.

3. I try new recipes once a week to keep from getting food boredom

4. December 6/05 my size 16 jeans fit comfortably

5. Reward on Dec 6/05 for achieving the previous months goals...dinner with dh at a fancy restaurant. (anniversary of marriage proposal)

6. December 12/05 a personal goal is achieved

7. December 24/05 my size 16 jeans are getting too big, and its almost time to pull out the 14's!

What will be wrapped under the tree? There is a beautiful bracelet I seen while shopping with mom when she was here visiting. It was only $12.95 :lol3: but it matched my engagement ring perfectly, marquise cut garnets. I didnt buy it, because I couldnt justify paying $12.95 for it. Maybe now I can.

Tomorrow we start, November 1st.

Ready, set, go!

aovercast 10-31-2005 04:26 PM

My goals

1. 11/30 - size 10's go bye bye
12/15 - another 10 lbs lost.
12/25 - wear the trashiest lingere for my hubby for Christmas cause I'm gonna be a MILF!
2. Sit-ups nightly
3. Try to get more caloric foods into my diet
4. Build stamina
5. Work through cheats with a positive attitude
6. I don't have anything to wrap. I want DH's jaw to drop even farther the next time I see him. He told me this weekend that I look better than I have since we had our kids, and I want him to tell me next time that I look better than I ever have period! :carrot:

RobinW 10-31-2005 05:19 PM

That's a present in itself Audrey!!

Glad you joined in!!

bnbsmommy1 10-31-2005 05:26 PM

This is SUCH a spectacular idea!!!

1. November 24th - to be OUT of the 200's.

December 16th (I think) Wear size 16 jeans to husband work party (last work party I was in 22's!)

December 25th to weigh 190

2. to walk 2 miles at least four times a week

3. Add more nutrition into diet, not so many crap calories.
FOOD LOG:
11-01: Breakfast: protein shake (I'm just not hungry) Lunch: taco salad Supper: taco salad in a coffee mug because no bowls were clean :lol:

11-02: Breakfast: taco salad Lunch: celery w/peanut butter
I MUST put more variety into my diet before I blow it.

4. Will attempt to add more length walked each time I walk

11-01: my dd has her first basketball tournament tonight. I REALLY don't want to go. #1 because my 3 year old will NOT sit through a tournament and #2 because I HATE going anywhere by myself. I always think people are looking at me and judging me. She really wants me to go but I just don't know. Why do I let what other people think interfere with my life so much :?:

6. my reward. I'm still thinking about this one. will edit when I decide :)

Can I add one? (even if just for myself)

7. What I will do different this year as opposed to every other year

a: I will spend more time with my family doing family things for the holidays and less time worrying about what to get people I barely know.

b: I will have a family picture taken for the first time ever and WILL mail them out to family.

insekur 10-31-2005 07:04 PM

Bonjour

Lets see goals, hmmmm
Ok here are some attainable one's
1. Button my black Jlo jeans by Nov 21st (comfortably)
2. Walk 3 nights a week a minimum of 45 minutes
3. Drink a minimum of 64oz of agua daily
4. No more than one diet soda a day
5. Limit fast food to once a week
6. Work on my relationship with God
7. Do my power 90 video every morning!
8. Start staying at home (see, about 3 months ago my boyfriend and i decided to get seperate apartments due to the fact i was having convictions about us living together and not being married. However, I have been staying at his place almost every night since, and I have a $900 apartment that is not getting lived in.) There is much more to this story than meets the eye, but bottom line I made the decision therefore I should keep my butt at home.

beckamundo 11-01-2005 06:55 AM

Robin, I LOVE the idea and here is my list. (I'm printing it out and sharing it w/my hubby so he will know my goals also. I love lists like this!!)

Good luck Chickies. I know that we ALL can do this.

1. Pick your "achieved by" dates (as many as you want)

Nov. 9th
Nov. 16th
Nov. 23rd
Nov. 30th
Dec. 7th
Dec. 14th
Dec. 21st

2. Pick the goals you want to achieve by those dates

Nov. 9th~I WILL weigh in @ 269.5 and WILL have worked out 4x this past week @
least 30 minutes/workout
Nov. 16th~I WILL weigh in @ 267 and WILL have worked out 4x this past week @
least 35 minutes/workout
Nov. 23rd~I WILL weigh in @ 265 and WILL have worked out 4x this past week @
least 40 minutes/workout
Nov. 30th~I WILL weigh in @ 264 and WILL have worked out 4x this past week @
least 40 minutes/workout
Dec. 7th~I WILL weigh in @ 262 and WILL have worked out 4x this past week @
least 45 minutes/workout
Dec. 14th~I WILL weigh in @ 260 and WILL have worked out 4x this past week @
least 45 minutes/workout
Dec. 21st~I WILL weigh in @ 258 and WILL have worked out 4x this past week @
least 45 minutes/workout

3. Post your food log here everyday
Food Plan for Today 11/1: Breakfast~SFLC Chocolate Shake
AM Snack~Mozzarella Stick
Lunch~Salad (2 c. lettuce, cheese, cucumber, can
of tuna, and 3 T. ranch dressing)
PM Snack~20 peanuts
Supper~Pork Roast (1c.), salad (1c. lettuce, cheese,
cucumber, 1 T. Western drsg, 2 T. ranch,
3 mushrooms, and 2 hard boiled eggs), &
1/2c. green beans)

Water~64ozs.
Multivitamin

4. Post your exercise here everyday

Today's exercise will be 2 miles riding on the bike (about 8 ~ 10 minutes), 2 minutes of arm part on exercise bike, 1 10 minute aeorbic workout, 30 reverse curls, 5 minutes of Body Flex concentrating on arms, sides, face and stomach.

Things that could be a struggle today, I have been up since 4am w/youngest dd and that makes the day VERY long. I can see me being exhausted come 6pm tonight and not want to do my workout. I can also see trying to figure out when and how dh and I can make it up north to a dear friends visitation or funeral tomorrow or Thursday could be hard because of his 3rd shift schedule and that oldest dd has 1/2 days starting tomorrow for the rest of the week. Successes....there are many of them I see and will strive for such as eating OP, good counseling session, making business calls and them going well.

6. Pick your reward....and wrap it in something unique, so it stands out, as your reminder.

My reward......I don't think it is really a gift, but then again it is...to have someone other than my dh to look at me and go WOW, you really have been working out and losing weight. I may change my mind about this later and I can feel myself doing so already....I want my mother's ring fixed so I wear it & I want to be able to wear MY wedding ring again. Boy, that is a lot as far as rewards.

Leenie 11-01-2005 07:54 AM

You Go Girls !!!

RobinW 11-01-2005 09:05 AM

Awesome!! Everyone has some great goals! Here we go Ladies!!

Today's food and exercise plan. I'll come back and edit later if I need to.

Breaky~protein/fibre shake

Lunch~ protein/fibre shake & 1/2 chicken breast

Supper~ 2 sausage & 2 cup broccoli

Daily goal....64 oz water, 20grams fibre, min 50% protein intake for the day.

Exercise, leslie sanstone 3mile walk away the lbs.

:cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:
We can do this!

SkinnyAgainSoon 11-01-2005 12:51 PM

Okay, here we go! I think this challenge is just what I needed to get me to lose the last of this weight!!!

Nov. 1 (starting date) = 141
Nov. 15 ~ I will weigh 136
Dec. 1 ~ I will weigh 131
Dec. 15 ~ I will weigh 125 GOAL WEIGHT!!! :cp:

REWARDS:
When I reach 135 I will reward myself with a haircut (that I am in dire need of) and a bracelet that I will go out and buy today.

When I reach my goal weight of 125 I will reward myself with some sexy knee high black boots and sexy underwear and hubby is going to buy me BOOBS!

MY PLAN:
~When I am feeling the urge to eat due to boredom, I will instead to one of the following: read, knit, play with the kids, pray, count my blessings, play solitaire or do beading.
~I will read Dr. Phil's weight loss book.
~I will re-read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution
~I will stop the negative self-talk and replace it with loving, respectful and encouraging words.
~I will not rely so much on "low-carb convenience foods".
~I will take my supplements, drink my water and exercise.
~I will not allow myself to get on the computer until I have done some sort of exercise.
~I will not expect myself to be perfect and beat myself up when I am not, but will try my very best.

EXERCISE will consist of:
Elliptical 4x/wk
Pilates & arm weights 3x/wk
Oxycise 5x/wk
Bonus: Any exercise during TV commercials

beckamundo 11-02-2005 07:41 AM

I realized yesterday that I'm gonna have to work up to some things and am gonna change my exercise plan a little bit. In the morning I will do Body Flex and 30 reverse crunches and more as the weeks go by. In the evening I will ride at least 1.25 miles adding .10 of a mile every day until I am riding 2 miles and then doing at least .25 of a mile just my arms. Yesterday food was OP except dear hubby and I got into a huge fight and I barely got 1/4 of supper in, so I was under 1000 calories for the day yesterday.

Today's Meal Plan:
Breakfast:SFLC Chocolate Shake
AM Snack: Mozzarella Stick
Lunch: Salad (3 c. salad), 1/4 c. cheese, 2 hard boiled eggs, 1/4 of a cucumber, 2 T ranch drsg, 1 T. western dressing and 2 mushrooms.
PM Snack: 20 peanuts
Supper: I don't know yet, I do have some squash so I am thinking 1/2c. of that, some ham slices, maybe some green beans, maybe a 1 c. salad, or some cottage cheese or even eggs w/ham, cheese, gr. peppers, onions, etc. We shall see.

Exercise:
Ride bike 1.35 miles, 30 reverse curls and Body Flex.

Struggles for today:I'm exhausted...only 5 hours of sleep. Long day.

RobinW 11-02-2005 09:43 AM

Yesterday was a pretty good day. The sausages I had for supper were wayyy too salty!! So Im feeling it in my face this morning. I didnt get my exercise in, or my water all in....but my food was pretty close to goal. It will take me about 3 days to get things right into gear, and 100% effort.

Todays goals....64 oz water, 20grams fibre, 50% protein intake and a lower body workout.

Menu planned

Breaky~ protein/fibre shake
Lunch~ 2 scrambled eggs w/cheese & spinach
Supper~ bbq'd chicken & 2 cups broccoli

Snacks~ 2 oz peanuts 1oz cheese

sexyshoelady 11-02-2005 01:19 PM

Robin, what sauce do you use to make your bbq'd chicken?

[QUOTE=RobinW]

Breaky~ protein/fibre shake
Lunch~ 2 scrambled eggs w/cheese & spinach
Supper~ bbq'd chicken & 2 cups broccoli
QUOTE]

bnbsmommy1 11-02-2005 01:24 PM

Breakfast: taco salad
Lunch: piece of celery w/low carb peanut butter

going to try VERY hard to walk today
tanned today :)

struggles: trying to get the house clean AND get all the garage sale stuff done among other things that I must finish by tonight.

RobinW 11-02-2005 01:32 PM

I use a marinade called Chiavetta's then grill it on the bbq. Its a vinegar base.

aovercast 11-02-2005 02:20 PM

I'm going to go join the Y today. I've lost this much on sheer will and diet, just think how much I will lose once I get off my butt.