Old 10-10-2005, 08:02 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat// October 10-16

Well, another week. Only bad part of the weekend was the stupid cake yesterday. And it didn't even TASTE good. BLECH!! I could taste it for an hour afterwards!! But hey, it's better than the total carb-athons I've usually had on the weekends so I'm counting a success Today we (DH and I) have to go track a deer he shot last night. He's learning his lesson--don't track them RIGHT AWAY otherwise they get up and run. Hopefully it layed right down so we don't have to track far. So exercise again today
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:03 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Mindy: Don't worry about the slipup. As long as you've jumped right back to it you should be ok. Might take a couple days to lose the water bloatage but it'll be ok

OH!!! Forgot to mention...if you're (or anyone else) the first ones here in the morning feel free to start the weekly thread

Last edited by lady_adnerb; 10-10-2005 at 08:05 AM.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:30 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies

Its a gloomy rainy day in Jersey, whats shakin at your end?

Brenda, don'tcha HATE wasting calories / carbs on stuff that doesn't taste that good but you eat it anyway. I bet 90 % of my weight problem is from that LOLOL !!! We should eat like kids, eat what tastes good and nothing else

HUGS
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/156/128

Height: 5'3"

Opps....posted in the wrong week. I was playing catch up. One thing I didn't mention is I did weigh and measure yesterday. I'm down 9.5 lbs which kind of irked me that I only lost one pound last week, but I'm down 9.5 inches overall....which means I'm still losing weight even if the scales not showing it. Thank god I used to work in a lingerie shop and have my measuring tape still!
aovercast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 11:03 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Audrey~ its progress, no matter how you look at it. So great job!!!! Regarding the stationary, I looked at target, and they used to have it, about a yr ago, but the one I go to doesnt have it anymore. Lots of scrapbooking stuff, but thats about it.

Brenda~ I have to tell you how jealous I am!! I miss deer and moose meat so much! Its the only thing I miss about my ex and the fresh caught fish too! He was good for something I guess Good going on your weekend!

I did some baking this weekend. Lots of spicey stuff, and molasses type stuff. Not lc but not fat laden either. Its all portioned out, and in the freezer. I can still smell the molasses in the house tho

Started a little bit of christmas shopping this weekend too. ToysrUs has their games on sale, buy one get one free. So I picked up battleship and life for my daughter, then hit jc penny and picked up some new shirts for dh. Thats it so far...but Ive had my thinking cap on for family members. It gets harder and harder every year.

Im heading out for a walk this afternoon, then hopefully get some paper work that I have put off for tooooooo long.

Have a great day everyone :
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 11:50 AM   #6  

Oh no, Christmas shopping. It's going to be so hard this year. I've bought everything under the sun a child under two could need or want for my oldest and now I can't think of anything for the baby. Plus now that DH is in the service I'm sure his needs are changing from what they used to be.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:03 PM   #7  
Lovin' Life

I dont know if there are any other Canadians who post here in the low carb, but if your lurking.....

Happy Thanksgiving

gobble gobble
Old 10-10-2005, 02:30 PM   #8  

Hello all! I weighed in and lost again! YIPPEE! I do feel bloated from Miller Lites on Sat night. I am OD'in on Water to day.. I will flush it all out!

I went to my sister in law's last night for her birthday day and it was total agony! They had Chocolate Cake, Cherry Chip Cake and Homemade Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese frosting. Her Mother brought Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.. but.. I just sniffed it. Can you friggin believe it.. I did not have any! WOW!!!

I have to work harder. My little vacation is in 31 days... I gotta look like a hooker by then.. Going to Las Vegas.. All the pictures of the people there look like they are either hookers or right out of vogue! Gotta Fit In! HE HE HE!

Today is gonna be a good day!
Corn Fed in Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 04:16 PM   #9  
Lovin' Life

Brandi~ your too funny! Hey if the hooker look works for Dolly Parton, I cant see why it wouldnt work for anyone else. Great job on another loss
Old 10-10-2005, 05:46 PM   #10  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

'ello all. the weight loss is slowing down, i'm on my second week I think...not sure. I started adding splenda to my diet but I'm gonna cut back on that....and beef from what i saw in the last thread! I get sooo sick of chicken and shrimp though. BUT....we're going to red lobster tomorrow and I'll have yummy shrimp scampie....

I want to lose some more weight before halloween so I can fit into my high boots....!!! I'm red riding hood .... yay I got the cutest red and white tulle for under my skirt.....it's adorable!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:24 PM   #11  

Good job on the loss Brandy! Keep it up, you will look like a hooker in no time LOL!

Lottie, I think that is going to look too cute! I haven't even got the slightest clue if I'm dressing up yet or not. I don't even have the kids costumes yet.

Well on a down note...I got asked today if I was pregnant. Normally I would just let it roll off my back since this is the third time in three months I've been asked that question, but I've been working so hard, and then to have someone ask me that. Pooey!
Old 10-10-2005, 06:42 PM   #12  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Audrey, Oh my gosh, that has happened to me too!! Twice Once while at work and this lady said "Oh, I didn't know you were expecting!!" I seriously wanted to die. I know I was much more embarrased than her The other time, a girl at a store I frequent asked when I was expecting. It's so humiliating with people standing around listening. I still think i should have lied and made up a date

I weighed on the clinic scales and they say 219, which made me so happy, that would be 31 lbs down. We were looking at scrub catalogs and a girl (much bigger than me) threw a certain brand catalog at me and said "Here, this is what us big girls wear". I KNOW she didn't say it to be mean but it was really aggrivating that she didn't notice that I had lost 30 lbs in three months.

I'm beat, worked for two doctors at the same time so it was chaos and I refuse to exercise. Just gonna go lay down, snuggle up and watch a good movie

Have a wonderful week everyone!!!
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:41 PM   #13  
Lovin' Life

These ppl make me so mad!! What do you think there reaction would be if you said to them, gee your looking so thin.....are you throwing up after every meal? GEEZ!!!!

Audrey~ your 155 lbs!! youve lost 10!!!!! I dont know how tall you are, but it looks like your goal is a little less than 25 more lbs? It always hurts so much when people say these things. But pls pls dont let it get to you. Dont let that insensitive person sabotage all your hard work!!!!!! You've lost 10lbs!!!!!!! Only a dingbat would ask you if you were expecting!! So stick around here, we'll set you straight

bnbsmommy~ another insensitive dingbat to not give another thought to. I dont know how tall you are, but if your 219 and around 5'8, your lookin at a regular XL not the "big girl" catalogue. She was just trying to make herself feel better. Looks like you've been working very hard to get yourself down too....Dont let her sabotage everything!

There is nothing wrong with the plus size catalogues....I still shop in the lane bryant catalogue, but using it to make someone feel bad, or worse yet, to make themselves feel better about themselves is just wrong and down right mean.

Ive been asked once if I was pregnant, nope, I wasnt. When I was pregnant, and told ppl, they were always surprised. Up until my 7th month, I just looked bigger. I got rounder and rounder. I didnt get the beach ball belly....I unded up looking like a barrell. The next time was when a waitress asked me and my bf (husband now) a table for 2, then pointed at my belly and said 3? The look on my face must have made her realize what she just did, and stammered over, oh never minds, and Im sorry, the lighting in here is tricky. The bf married me anyway
Old 10-10-2005, 09:32 PM   #14  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

awww Robin, you had to know he was a keeper then!! hahaha relationships, let's talk relationships! LOL

yes, I'm 5'9 - 5'10 depending on where I measure at (the clinic or home) LOL

hey, is it me or does anyone else think it's weird to have all the plus size ads all around here?? you'd think that the more 'skinny' stores would be advertising too...it'd be inspiration anyway, and right now I'd much rather click on a gap ad than a 'plus size clothing' ad boy am I whiney, maybe it's getting to be that time of the month

Speaking of stores, have any of you been to anthropologie?? I just found it online, there's no such 'real' store around here but I just droooool over all of their too cute clothing and accessories! And their scarves...oh, yummy!!

ok, I really need to get to bed. g'night!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 10:44 PM   #15  
Woman on a mission

S/C/G: 200/200/130

hey ladies..it's time to revamp my menu, I think. I didn't lose or gain this week. Which is *okay* I guess. So, my soda is getting cut out..drinking my crystal light. Do you ladies count calories, too? Was wondering if I should as well. I will cut back on regular bacon and opt for the turkey bacon when I go shopping again in two weeks. I've been eating veggies on a regular basis...fresh at that..I've been using the 1 or 0 carb dressing..and I don't use that much to begin with. The average meal contains meat of some sort...either beef, chicken breast, or pork chop. and two veggies. Not to mention, I've actually exercised last week on a regular basis....okay...robin..your smart..where have I gone wrong..okay..maybe the 0 carb candies???..lol. Should I replace that with putting something like the low carb ice cream..this way all I have is the serving? I'm lost.

okay...on a happier note...

Lottie: your outfit sounds cute. I envy you.

Lacey: I've noticed the ads, too..but, ignore them.lol

Brandy: You have way more will power than I do. When I attended the tupperware party the other night, I gave in. I couldn't resist....I figured since I exercised, it would be okay....Not!

Audrey: Sorry to hear that people can be ignorant. I'm sure they meant well..just laugh it off and tell them they are crazy!
tickleyourfancies is offline   Reply With Quote