Old 05-27-2005, 07:39 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Friday Chat 5/27

Well, once again stepped on the scale and no loss. What's it going to take to jump start this thing or have I blown the option to lose on Atkins. That's the question going through my mind. Well, that and "that junk food can't hurt me if I'm not losing, right?" So today I'm going to start the dreaded "E" word and see what that does. Can't join Curves because insurance doesn't pay for it. Can't afford it otherwise. So I'll just have to force myself to work out here. WATP here I come!! Well, later today DH even said he'd call me from work and tell me "It's time to get the exercise clothes on....get to it. Hop Hop." Told him that'd be kind of funny. So we'll see if he actually does it. But I've got to do SOMETHING because I'm stagnating this way and even though I FEEL skinnier...I'm not LOSING anything. Yah, not even inches by the way the clothes feel. And THAT is my main opinion. But I'm giving Atkins until July 4th...and if that doesn't work?? Dunno what I'll do. Check into something else maybe.
Hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend. Anything planned??
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:12 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Hey brenda,
I am sorry you are having a tough time loosing, sucks big time! As for the E word, lots of things are free, grab the dog, head out for a walk and a little fetch and before you know it you have done something.

Well it isn't sunny but it is not raining either! 12 days of rain!
So good new for me, I heard from a breeder last night who wants to sell me a puppy! We emailed back and forth yesterday and she called me, said I was the first one in who knows how long to tell her I had a training facility and a dog create all set to go. She is expecting yellow pup in July due to go home the middle of September. They are about an hour away and provided nature cooperates and she gets a yellow female, we can go and visit our pup as she gets older and ready to come home big smile from me and the boys!

Off this morning to use a gift certificate for a massage and off to little man's class for and Indian lunch. They have been studying india and today is the final presentation. Then I have an hour or 2 to kill so I will see if the outhe moms want to go do something.

Not much planned for the weekend. Playdate for little man and maybe Madigascar and some bolwling. The rain is due back tomorrow afternoon ugg...

Have a good one to the lurkers
-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 09:12 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning!

Brenda, stick it out and then investigate other options. Another plan may be better for you. There's lots of choice these days.

L144S, I'm glad you got a line on a dog - sounds great! My fingers are crossed for you. I didn't reply to your email and guess I don't need to now - unless you want to switch to Portuguese Water Dogs which don't come in yellow!

I had planned a quick trip to town this morning but rain is on it's way so I'd best try to get more plants into the ground before it hits. Advil or extra strenght Tylenol are badly needed to shut up my knee. I get a cortisone shot June 7 and can hardly wait!

Have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend. Our village traffic is alread increasing as half of PA comes up here to open cottages this weekend.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 11:34 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

L: Congrats on the puppy prospect!! I remember when we decided to get a dog. This "horse" wasn't supposed to get this big But we love her anyway.

Ruth: OUCH on the cortisone shot. I had 3 of them in my shoulder and won't repeat that process again (partly cuz it never worked anyway). So I give credit to the ones that go through it over and over again!!!

Well, realised I was eating cheese and nuts again. Maybe I need to cut those down to 1-2 times a week at most. Up the Calcium to take it's place. Add some exercise and who knows. I won't be making the 4th of July challenge at this rate. Who knows, maybe that'll change. Ok...I'm off to exercise to WATP (only doing the 1 mile until I'm back in the exercise shape again). Then it's lunch. I also have to remember...only eat IF hungry and not just for the munchies.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 04:48 PM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Hang in there brenda...you can do it!

Ruth, if i were to get a PWD i would only concider one from you. I had sent out 15 e mails to breeders and was very discouraged to not have heard from ANY. maybe the offer of a PDW in the future would be good

Indian luch with little man was better than I thought, I am not a big fan of indian food but they got take out which turned out to be too tasty!

Just off the eliptical, I need a shower as we are off to dinner with DH's golf buddies, 14 of us at a long table, i just pray I get a good dinner partner and am not stuck for 2 hours with a dud!

Hit the mall today too. Gap had kids dress pants for $10, perfect for school (dress code you know) Bought a few pair for older boy for the fall. I also went to another store NY & Co, cute sweater set for dinner tonight and great for the summer. I love the holiday sales, they just about pay you too walk into the store and take it home.

Ok enough procrastination (sp) and time to hit the shower.....

-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 06:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Brenda, I don't really know you but I lurk on this board quite a bit. I've been low carbing almost 3 months and had a hard time getting my weight loss started too. I've actually been through 3 programs until I found the right one for me. I recently read a book called "Living the Low Carb Life" by Jonny Bowden. He is a nutritionist and he reviews all the popular plans and tells you about the science, or lack of science in some cases, behind them. He also tells you about supplements you might want to look into, which ones might help, which ones won't. When I read that book, one of the plans I knew would just click for me and it has. I think what I learned was that one plan is not the right plan for everybody. Hope that helps. I've read a lot of Low Carb diet books so if I can help, let me know.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 06:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Oh, and by the way I am big dog lover. I have a golden retriever and a yellow lab. My boys as I call them.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote