Weekend Chat - April 2nd and 3rd

• Good Morning LCers

Whats shakin this rainy jersey morning?

Got any plans for the weekend. I'm just veging this weekend, I'm tired

Spring is definitly here b/c our flowers are starting to bloom and the trees are buding.

Whats doing by you?
  • Goodmorning ladies!!

Not much going on here today!! Just cleaning the house. You know laundry, vacuum, dusting, making the place sparkle and shine. Then I have so much homework to do my eyes might just fall the heck out.

Anyhow Amber is not doing any better with the crying at night for her father. She will cry for like 2 hours straight nightly because she misses him. And these are real tears. Hard core tears just pouring out of her eyes, and its heart wrenching. I have been telling her to pray and leave it all in God's hands. God makes everything better, so she prays, but she is just so sad. I don't know what to do anymore. I have talked to him about counseling for the three of us because its hard for her, and she needs us to get along but he's too busy living the "single" life to have time. He talks to her about once a day to say goodnight, I have her call him in the am and he always cuts her short. Then he sees her like once a week. She went from having him daily to now hardly at all. I know that I am the one who asked him to leave because I was not happy but now I feel the guilt of seeing my child broken hearted, and I don't know what to do. I am so upset this morning. She literally cried herself to sleep last night. So anyways that is my day to day reality and it sucks really bad. BUT I am okay, and she will be okay eventually. I just don't know how to quicken the process, dull the pain, make it all better you know. I hate to see her cry like this.

On a good note I have been loosing weight. I am eating like a bird, mostly LC, and excercising alot. Been dropping weight like water. It feels nice, and its starts to come off of my gut and shoulder area first which is so cool because its noticeable. Now I have to work on my arms and legs and I will A Okay. MOstly my arms because its getting hot here and its almost sleeveless shirt weather.

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ladies happy saturday!! gotta go be a domestic goddess.
  • Julia,

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter, I wish there was something I could do or say to make it better for her. My sister went and is going thru the same thing you are. She has 4 kids, and the three youngest ones are taking it very hard. After 17 years of marriage my sister's DH walked out on the family. The littlest one 3 at the time took it the worst. She would cry and be so angry and took it out on my sister mostly. Its two years now past. My sister didn't know what to do. One day my neice was acting out and my sister just looked at her and said "listen, I understand how you feel, but daddy is not coming back" my neice just looked at her and since then has been better, not 100% but better. I watched that man tear apart such a beautiful family but I can see 2 years later, maybe it was for the better. I just pray for them all and give them support when they need it. I'll be praying for you all too.

On a happy note, congratulations on the weight loss !!
  • Hi all!
    Julia, I'm continuing prayers for you and your daughter. I wish I could help. oh, and congratulations on your weight loss--that's very good!!

Hi Leenie,

We are house cleaning this weekend--again. We'll watch a few movies too.

I'm supposed to be saving things on to CD's??? before my hard drive goes out completely, but since I've never done that and don't have a clue what to do, or what CD's to buy, I'm not doing it yet. I don't even know what to ask the computer guy, other than, "Can you do it for me?" I've made sure I have all email addresses written down and that's it. And probably at least, I need to get the names of the files with games and programs I've paid for. After the shock of the first time this computer died on me, the second time wasn't as painful. LOL I am thinking now there are worse things that could happen, so let it quit. lol However, I would miss email, 3FC.com, and my Mah Jong games for a while.
  • Leenie: Don't ya just love the start of Spring with things budding? Sure helps the sinuses.

Julia: Congrats on the weight loss but sorry to hear about the daughter. Hope she adjusts soon.

Sonnet: Have fun saving stuff. I lost a TON of my favorite pictures the first time my computer went down. I was SOO mad! Of course, that was before I had a computer with a CD burner. lol. So now I make sure to burn them all the time. Hope you figure it out soon!!

Well, another day of not staying OP. I had to go to a baby shower and wasn't paying attention to what I was eating. BLAH!! I need to get a firm hold on my WOE because my jeans are getting tight again I definitely need to keep on the straight and narrow!! No more "oh, this won't hurt if I just eat this little bit today. I'll be good tomorrow"!!!!!!!!!! The rest of the day...NO MORE JUNK!! Plus now that my nose isn't stuff I need to start exercising. With it getting warm out I can start taking the dog for walks. So that'll be good exercise!!!
    Hope you all have a great weekend!!
  • Good Morning,

Sonny, just ask some one to show you how to down load files onto a CD and tell them you've never done it b/4. I'm sure they will be happy to show you. As far as buying a CD, just get the regular ones, again people in the stores will be happy to help you. Good luck (BTW, its really easy once you see how to do it).

Brenda baby showers, weddings, partys, buffets, shoot really anything is my down fall, you tend to feel like calories or carbs don't count when your at a party LOLOLOL. I'm glad its warm enuf for you to get your butt out there and do some walking. I'm going to start again too. Even if its up and down my street at first.

Its dark and dreary outside today, yes again

I got lots to do today but have no energy to do it or drive. Its funny, under pressure my house gets clean, but on the weekends I fall apart lol.

Whats up w/everyone today?
  • Leenie: It's a day of rest today...so enjoy it

Well, we're off to do some driving and enjoying the weather. It's so much nicer now that I'm not working so the weekends are free to enjoy like this. I need some new line for my clothes line so I can start hanging stuff out instead of drying it. FRESH SMELLING SHEETS!! WOOHOO!!! Along with my washer it's GREAT!
    Have a great day everyone!!
  • Hey ladies!!

Yesterday was my cleaning day. I was scrubbing floors, vacuuming vents, I did alll the laundry and folded 90% of it. Yes I was on a serious roll. I am still tired though. My house looks nice. My daughter was like Wow Mommy you are really cleaning huh. Ha ha.

Things with her Dad are getting from bad to worse. Of course he knows her bed time is 830pm, and I usually lay down with her at about 815 so that she gets in the bed, and knocks out. So he's been calling every day after 9 to say goodnight. I stopped answering the phone. He wanted to see her today, his day off, BUT we have plans-and when I called him to try and see if he had a time he would like to spend with her-he hung up on me. SO...hmm! Whatever. His entire family calls and tells me to take him back, but the fact of the matter is that he does not want to come back-and really we are better off. Its just very hard. You know I have loved him for my entire adult life. So...hmm! Ugh. Thank you ladies so much for keeping us in your prayers. I know it helps. I know that God answers prayers in HIS time. Sometimes I wish he would just hurry up though, ha ha.

Sonnet--burning cd's is easy. If you have a best buy in your town, call them, they are very nice and will walk you through it.

B-MMM babyshower foods, yumm! Its hard to stay OP when you are around all the goodies!!

Leenie-Its still raining over there? Ugh. My friend lives in NJ and gets so grumpy when the weather is ugly. You guys have not had good weather in forever. Move to AZ. LOL.

Again girls thank you, seriously thank you.
    Love,
    Julia
  • Im Home!!
    Good Morning Ladies!!

Well, Im back from my mini vacation. Dd and I had a blast, dealing with the ex wasnt so good this time. But I just have to remember that what ever we do, we do what is best for our daughter, not what I or he wants. Im not liking it, but it will be good for her...so I'll get over it.

We spent the week in Waterloo Ontario. Helping out my parents get settled in their new place. Its really really nice and soooooooooo close to shopping!! They are just a block and a half from the downtown area, and its vibrant and lively, and tonnes of really great and different shopping!! I had to restrain myself, and I managed to only spend about $50 (this trip ) They are only about a 10 min drive from St. Jacobs...another awesome shopping area! So when I go back in the late spring, I'll bring more $$ and do more shopping!! My best find were 2 navy accent pillows for $5 each, and 300 count cotton pillow cases with lacey trim for $7.99 a pair! I was in heaven! Mom told me I have to come back once a month for a week from now on!! Dh told me NO WAY!! once every 2 months for a week might be ok. He's wayyyyyyyy too spoiled to have his wife gone a week a month

Im back op today.....started last tuesday, but fell off on thrusday, and decided Id wait until I got home and into my own routine. So here goes!! Summer is coming, and Im going to have to shed all the nice fleece pull overs!! So, I must loose some of the extra bumps!!

Well, Im off to tidy my house.......you know what its like when you leave dh alone by himself in the house?!?!?!?!? I have popcorn all over the place!! (he loves popcorn) Anyway, have a great Sunday ladies!