Weekend Chat - February 5th and 6th

• Good Morning Atkins Babies

HUGS !!! I've missed you all.

I'm gonna start this up and read up on all I've missed.

BBL
  • Leenie: Hope you have a great weekend!!

Well, the scale was kind to me this morning for WI. I'm down 2 pounds. WOOHOO!!! But ya know, I geared myself up to not care! lol. It's nice that it's down, but I realised I'm just proud that I've stayed on track this long! I want to thank you all for your kicks in the butt and motivation. I REALLY couldn't have done it w/out you all urging me and encouraging me.
    I'm off to go shopping. We're getting a new (26 or bigger) tv...plus trip to Sams' club I think is in order. I want to check out their prices for mattresses for the girls. It's one thing that was on my list of things to use our tax refund for. That and new beds for them. Hope you all have a great weeked!!
  • way to go Brenda!! You should be proud!! You've come along way, and you've managed to stay there for quite a while. Thats the whole point isnt it? To loose it, and keep it lost!

Here's a thought... Brenda, you have lost how much weight, and kept it off for how long??? Myself, Ive lost 120 lbs and kept if off for (I have to check the calendar) 4 yrs, 1 month and 5 days! Keeping it off.......yup, thats the whole point of all this!

Alright, thats all I have time for right now, but you flipped the light on in my head this morning Brenda

I'll check back later...have a great weekend!

Robin
  • Good morning ladies!!!!!!

B- I am soooo proud of you!!!! Keep up the good work!

Hi leenie!!!!!

Robin- Yup keeping it off is the key!!! Excellent Job!

I am just houseowrk and trying to get my eating back together, awh the weekend....no rest for the wicked!!! Talk to you later!!

Love TG
  • Just a little FYI ladies..... and remember the key is moderation...

check it out http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...552#post771552
  • Robin: The amount of weight you've lost is AWESOME!!! And that you've kept it off for that many years is just DYNOMITE!!!! Definitely need to always keep it off. Kind of like alcoholics....we can never go back.

TG: Try not to work too hard. I should clean the house but I just don't have the energy. My sore throat went into an annoying cough. I'm hoping that I don't get a full blown cold or the flu that's going around. It's nasty!! Hope you all are doing well there!!

Leenie: Thanks for the heads up on that. I keep forgetting! It's easy to believe what you think is going to help....only to find out it could harm you worse. have a great weekend.

Well, the new 36" tv is in (after much wiggling and jiggling to get it through the door and such). Then the numerous phone calls to the cable company (had to re-program the remote to accept the new tv) then to the tv company itself (couldn't get the DVD to work). But now it's working great We also have the 2 bills we wanted paid. So I'm hoping to get the rest of it straightened out (new beds/mattresses for the girls & DH's land rental fee). Then maybe we can get something else
  • hi ladies. just a quick hi today, as i'm sick. hope y'all had a great weekend and have an even greater week ahead!
  • Good Morning,

What a beautiful looking day today is clean out the old nasty dirty filthy car. Its got so much salt in it from the roads plus a ton of DD's toys and wrappers from her eating or drinking in it lol. Also laundry laundry laundry ick. I think I'll make some meat balls and ckn for this week's dinners today.

Whats happening with you all ?
  • Fullfig: Sorry to hear you're sick. Hope you feel better soon!!

Leenie: Sounds like a great day--cleaning out the car that is. I hear you on the laundry. I'm going to force myself to fold clothes today. Then it'll be up to the DD's to put theirs away. Or find a spot for them.

I think I drank something yesterday that had real milk in it. At least, I only drank 1/4 of it before realising it might not be a good thing. And DH brought up the carb count in the grape nuts. HOLY COW!!! Looks like I look for a LC cereal!! I swear I looked at they were high but not bad. Didn't realise they were in the 40's!!! YIKES!! So I'm working on getting THOSE 2 things from yesterday off. Plus I'm fighting off a cold or sinus infection or something. If I keep saying I'm not sick does that make it so??
  • Good Morning!
    Brenda~ Sounds like you had an adventure getting your new tv hooked up! Enjoy it and feel better soon.

Fullfig~ feel better too!

to everyone.

I managed to get dh out for a walk with me yesterday!! Since Ive been loosing weight, he has been watching a little more closely what he has been eating. He has cut his popcorn down to 2-3 nights a week, from 7. Im not talking a bag or one serving of popcorn...think of yours or your moms biggest hugest mixing bowl...his popcorn bowl is probably bigger than that!! You need 2 hands to carry it! Anyway, he said he will see how it goes and might come with me again today. Im so proud of him!!

Not much else planned for today, since its sunday we will head to the starbucks with the fireplace, and sit and have a read of the sunday paper, and enjoy our coffee. Then a walk, and Im not sure what else.

I hope everyone enjoys their sunday

Robin
  • seems awfully quiet this weekend. i'm trying to get the house straightened back up since the youth group just left. thought i'd check in real quick. my throat is still killing me. i had a culture done yesterday, since i have a white prickly thing in front of my left tonsil. i've never had strep, but just might have gotten it this time. have a great week!
  • Robin: Way to go on getting DH involved!!! That's always a first step and it's great he's considering working on his WOE!! Great job!!

Fullfig: If you have strep throat...might want to let everyone in the youth group know. It's very contageous. We've had it in this house quite often. Hope you feel better soon. Didn't they do a rapid strep test? That usually comes back in 5 minutes. Did they give you antibiotics to start on?

Can you believe.....aside from whatever it was I drank yesterday and the grape nuts I've managed to stay OP for ANOTHER weekend?? WOOHOO!! If I could kick whatever bug is trying to take over my body I'd get up and do a jig. My DH bought some Red Bull (remember....Red Bull gives you wings?). He drank one and was hyper (he's used to caffeine)....I've had 2 and STILL could flop over like a croaking fish. ARGH!!! I'm still in denial that I'm sick though!!