Old 01-25-2005, 02:18 PM   #16  
Head Princess

This was my first one and it was FUN! I just found out that they're always looking for product testers for their footwear and I just happen to be the right size. I love shoes!!!!!!!!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:17 PM   #17  
Baby Steps

Robin: What type of weights does "Body For Life" take? Just plain handweights? And I like the programs I have....I just get bummed when the scale doesn't move. That makes me lack motivation and then I start the vicious cycle all over. Have fun cleaning!!

Leenie:

Jane: You can stick w/the legal foods...I know you can. Thanks for the kick. Most of what I'm going through is a mental thing (I believe). Scar tissues (mentally of course) from childhood carried into adulthood. I just have to start loving MYSELF instead of worrying about how others view me (family). PLUS the main thing I think is to quit putting so much pressure on myself. Thanks again for the much needed pep talk

TG: Airborne...is that an OTC drug? And hope you don't get sick!!

Jina: Sounds like you've found the right stuff!!! I need to get my head on straight and then your advice sounds great. I definitely can't touch the stuff or it kills any good I've done exercising (which we all know I detest doing). Keep up the good work w/the gym!

Keri: I don't think journaling would work. I tend to not be very good at accounting for my actions (eating) which is one reason I never join the food log. I can never remember what I've eaten or how much. It's pretty much the same thing all the time anyway. lol. The slips on the weekend result in probably water gain. And most often I lose it during the week (like Jane said) . Not sure what spurs the urge to eat crappy foods. It's not like the stuff I eat even TASTES good. And I don't exercise on the weekend due to the kids and DH being home and I really DON'T want to exercise in front of them! I'll keep your advise in mind and when I work this through see if I can work it into my "plan". I definitely NEED a plan!!

Star: OUCH! Sounds like you definitely need an early night....or at least a tiara-wearing night!! The discounts sound cool! Let us know about the shoes...and if they fit in w/the tiara lol

Ok. So I'm sitting there thinking....where on EARTH did I go wrong? When did I start to lose control. Well, it started with Halloween. Then I allowed cheats between then and Thanksgiving. Then of course there was Christmas. And New Years. So on Friday there's the Toby Keith concert. Then there's Valentines day. I'm seeing a pattern here. I do the cheats but too often. Because those "special" occassions spread into weekends (or at least a day of it) of cheating. My fear was when I went from induction (wasn't on strict induction at the last) to phase 2 that I'd go too far and regain. Well, I gave up. I think that's part of it. That and the weight loss didn't flip off as easy as it first did so I got discouraged. NOW I've got to tell myself. Ok. So allow Friday. Then NOT AGAIN until Valentines Day. And ya know....there's really NO holidays after that, that I can think of a GOOD reason to cheat. So the question is...how do I get it into my thick skull that I don't NEED that junk? Ok, so once in a while a "candy bar" would taste good...but LC ones taste good (even w/the sugar alcohols...which usually never affected me) so there'd be the "allowed" thing. But for the most part. The fries. The deep fried shrimp. The bread. Etc.....that I don't need. So what motto can I start chanting (or writing on my hand) to remind myself that I WANT this to work. I know nobody can do it for me. I need a catch phrase to remind myself WHY I don't want to cheat. Any ideas??
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:26 PM   #18  

Brenda, how did you lose the first 26? Why was that successful? How long did you stay in induction during the first 26?
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:34 PM   #19  
Head Princess

Whew! Back from trip #2 to the sample sale. I'm so bad!

Brenda - Procrastination works for me. Let's say I'm dying for some McDonalds french fries and chicken nuggets (a relatively common occurance for me). I just tell myself 'maybe later'. It's amazing how rarely I get around to it. Or if I'm at a family dinner and there's the potatoes that I love and my mothers famous butter rolls, I tell myself that I'm eating my meat and my veggies and then if I'm still hungry maybe I'll have a little bite of that other thing. I'm always filled up before I get around to it. And if I'm at home and I'm really wanting something chocolate (lc or not), I tell myself to go get a workout in or get some chore (must take at least 30 minutes) done first and then maybe I'll have a little treat. Workouts are good appetite suppresants

Just an idea.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:44 PM   #20  

Star, that's a really good one. I find that right after dinner, I sometimes crave sweets, but then if I distract myself, it goes away for the night. Even a 10 minute delay works.

There's one other thing that has worked for me. Right after the holidays, I was out of control. It was awful. I'd start one day, or for the week, only to blow it on the weekend. It was a horrible cycle. Then I told myself that I'd do what I do with my workout schedule. I get up at 4:30am three times during the week and run at the club. I don't THINK about it. I just do it. At 4:30am, there's no way I can justify it to myself - NO POSSIBLE WAY! So, if I remove the thought and just go into auto pilot, I do it. And, when I'm done, I'm happy and proud of myself. Just the little kick of self-esteem I needed. So, to get out of my bad eating funk, I applied the same logic. Just don't eat what's not on program. Don't think about it, just do it. Then at the end of the day, or end of the weekend, I have that same self-esteem high I get when I've followed through with my exercise.

Just a thought. You've come so far and you're so close to your goal that it would be really exciting to see you break through this and make it.

Hope I'm not coming off bossy, I'm just trying to help. In turn, it helps and motivates me.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:10 PM   #21  
Head Princess

Love, that's a wonderful mindset! Don't argue it, don't negotiate it, don't justify it, don't even think about it. Just do it.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:14 PM   #22  

Thanks! Sometimes that's the only way I can get through!
Old 01-25-2005, 05:03 PM   #23  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Brenda~ body for life uses either hand weights or machines. The book shows you exercises for both. I use hand weights...simply because Im too cheap to join a gym.

Needing a Mantra? I wish I could remember who said this to me here, but Ive been using it in many variations since and it created that "click" and "ah ha" moment!

Im an emotional/stress eater so....things like "you cant eat your ex into being a nice guy, he'll always be an a**hole no matter how many hoho's you eat!"

"you cant eat the emotional hole away" etc etc...

I also keep a picture of my 300lb self on the fridge.

I dont like exercising when anyone is around either...so I dont, I go for walks when dh or dd is home. The only thing I will do, are my weights, for some reason I dont feel awkward doing them when everyone is home. Um...something I noticed about doing weights, when you get into it, after about 2-3 weeks, if dh comes in to check on you...and your feeling.... and kids are elsewhere, that weight bench can be a very interesting prop

You can do this.....and your going to do it for yourself!!! So dont worry about what everyone else is thinking. Care about what you think, and how you feel. Your the one thats putting all the effort into this, not them.

Hope this helps
Robin
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 05:03 PM   #24  

Got back on track today, the birthdays are done, the snow isn't going anywhere and I am back to work tomorrow.

Thought I saw an endorsement for Body for Life workout and wanted to second it. I have been lifting on and off for years, but it wasn't until I started using the BFL program somewhat regularly that I started to see results. I now have biceps and my legs are feeling much stronger.

I agree though the food is too confusing for me though I suspect if I put my mind to it I could make it work. I think it works more easily for those who are single or when everyone on the house is doing it. Atkins just works better for me with a family who is heavily into carbs.

L2C135 - Oh yes that 10 pound gain, I have it too, though with the Valentine Challange, I have been able to get rid of half of it so far. Keep up the work, you can do this.

STAR - I guess that is what DH are for, causing trouble, have some water on me. I am so jealous of the sample sale. I won't buy new clothes with this 10 pound gain and I need both work clothes and workout clothes. More inspiration to get out the DVDs and exercise while snowed in at home.

LADY - Body for Life uses either free weights or machines, you can adjust for what you have at the beginning though as your strength increases it may be easier to get to a gym where they supply the weights and machines. I use the 5, 8, and 10's at home and will probably purchase the 12's and 15's soon to be able to keep up. The focus is to use the lightest weights with the greatest reps and to build up your strength that way. There is always a "special" occasion I am finding. Right now I am looking for that "thing" I had when I first did Atkins and dropped to 177 which I hadn't seen in a very long time. That was last year, then I had my birthday and it went downhill from there. I am focusing on what I am still doing right, no white sugar, no pasta, no rice. Now to deal with everything else.

SELF magazine has a long article about self image and how you feel about your body, some good thoughts in it.

DD is at her cousins house and I was able to spend an hour clearing out the soon to be dedicated computer/sewing room. I am getting there slowly but surely. So far today, one half black trash bag. Also successfully threw out the baby products I never used on the 6+ year old, what do you think, safe to toss them???

I would like to institute a 3 hour a weekend major project time, I do most of the housework on a daily basis when I get up during the week, using my half day on Friday for the laundry and shopping. So maybe I can get some serious projects done. Just three hours a weekend would be in the right direction and if I started by 9 am on Saturday I would be done by noon. I could even count it towards being on program, afterall if I am working on this kind of stuff I am not eating.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 05:35 PM   #25  

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Just a quick fly by for me. There is no way I could catch up with you all this late in the day so I will Just to you all!

Me and Emma-Grace are getting ready to go out with all of the inlaws for dinner. My MIL and FIL and BIL and his family and SIL and her family. Only one that doesn't get to go is DH because he is working There is a steak house that has a great buffet every night, and tonight is kids night. Kids eat for only 99 cents. That's why all the family is going. Cheap with all the neices and nephews we have

Well, I almost hurt myself badly today. Was going out to the truck and as I stepped off our steps, I turned my ankle. I am just glad I didn't have the baby with me. I didn't fall, but my ankle is killing me now. Not sure if I sparined it or what. Oh well, it could have been a lot worse!

Well, time to get me and Emma-Grace ready to go out. It takes me forever to get ready now that I have to get everything packed for her. Hopefully I can catch up with everyone tomorrow! Have a great night everyone!!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote