3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Thursday Chat 1/20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/52203-thursday-chat-1-20-a.html)

lady_adnerb 01-20-2005 08:04 AM

Thursday Chat 1/20

The week is almost over. And of course...did I manage to stay off the scale? No. ARGH!! The good news is it showed what my siggie says :lol: So there is a loss. Noticed a paper flier (duh, what else would it be made of? jeez) w/info on Windsor Pilates. It's only $13.80 for the Basics, 20 minute workout, the Weekly Journal and Win-in 10 meal plan. So I'm thinking of ordering it and seeing if the basics can show me what I did wrong the last time I tried it. It's guaranteed (or money back). Downside is, it enrolls you in a club and they send you 2 workout programs every other month. But it says you can cancel at any time. So I'll see what they've got to offer. Need something to Vari my workouts. I'd also like to get another step aerobics program. Something a little more jumpy :lol: Another day of work...another dollar (for the tax man :lol3: ) . I'll be back later :)

Leenie 01-20-2005 09:13 AM

Good Morning Brenda and all to follow :D :D :D

Well nothing much is going on here, sosdd. Work is keeping me SOOOOOOO busy I can't think strait and then when I get home at night I don't wanna see the computer. I just don't have the time grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Its very cold here today, and they say we are going to get a major snow storm on saturday into sunday, which is fine, I'd rather a weekend then during the week and have to struggle to get to work.

WHats shakin w/you all ??

RobinW 01-20-2005 09:14 AM

:wave: Brenda

Welcome Craftymom! :wave:

I stayed in all day yesterday...finished knitting my daughters poncho (I just have to fringe it) I may start on a 2nd one for dh's granddaughter. It snowed alllllllll day yesterday, and I had the perfect seat to watch it. My couch!! :D I'll likely stay in all day today too, we'll see. If I could sleep I would, but it just wont happen :( I slept in this morning til 7!!! :rolleyes: How long is this cold suppose to last? Im tired of it, and want it GONE!! Maybe I'll go out and shovel the walkway...just to blow the stink off myself! I dont want the house to smell like a sick person either. Im rambling arent I?? Its not fever, honest! :lol:

Ok, Im heading back to the couch and my tea......have a great thursday everyone.

Robin :)

jane8760 01-20-2005 09:22 AM

Robin: I had a bad cold a few weeks ago and I am still having trouble....don't feel bad just battling the stuffies and clearing my chest. Bleck!

Leenie: Helloooooooooooooooo! Did you say SNOW :faint:

Brenda: I thought we told you to have DH hide that scale!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are really getting into this exercise thing aren't you? ;)

Well, I had pasta last night and this morning I sware I am up to my eyeballs with carbs. I actually didn't even eat breakfast...just had a string cheese. I brought all other legal snacks and lunch with me today so lets see if I can break this freakin bad spell I am under.

Busy at work still....will catch up more later.

Theo'sgirl 01-20-2005 10:18 AM

Hello ladies,

Just checking in I gotta get to work, my eating has been crappy since the b-day celebrations just keep on happening for me. Crappy! But it will all be over soon after this weekend I am home free, my schedule is so busy, it is kindergarten round up season so I have a million schools to tour and get Jonah signed up for to see which one will pick him, it is a lottery system, CRAZY!! Whya can't the school in my neighborhood be a good school, it would be so much easier! hahahahaa

StarPrincess 01-20-2005 10:57 AM

Good morning, Chickies!

Brenda - Hide the damn scale!!! Now chant with me.....we do NOT live or die by the damn scale. We do not live or die by the damn scale. :lol:

Hi Leenie! I hear you on the busy thing but not on the snow part. We had an ice storm last weekend and then Monday night our temps went up about 20 degrees. So now we're hanging out in the 50's. What a bizzare change! It took me two days to adjust enough to stop sweating! :o

Robin - you poor thing! My house is about to smell like a sick person, too. ;) It looks like DH is coming down with something. And of course, he has to 'be a man' and refuse to take vitamins or medicine until he thinks he's gonna die. Can I go take care of you instead? ;)

TG - Busy girl! But I love the birthday 'season'. You'll be back on track soon! What kind of car did you end up getting? I think I'm getting a new one tomorrow. Yippee!!!!

So my question of the day is: why is it that I can never seem to wake up on Thursdays? Even when I'm conscious and moving around, I feel like I'm in a fog. It's my own little Thursday phenomenon.

I've been experimenting with gourmet coffees lately. This week it's Cinnabon flavored. Mmmmmmmmm. Very buttery tasting. :coffee:

Have a great day everyone!

Theo'sgirl 01-20-2005 11:47 AM

SP I got a 2001 VW beetle, so cute!

StarPrincess 01-20-2005 12:22 PM

Very cute! What color? I have to be able to watch for you! ;)

I may be getting a new (aka never titled) 2004 Mazda6. Zoom zoom!

Theo'sgirl 01-20-2005 12:45 PM

It is black (of course) and look for the license plate "EYE RUL" !!!! :)

lady_adnerb 01-20-2005 02:09 PM

Leenie: Just seeing you pop in with a :wave: through the day is enough :) Then we know you're around :)

Robin: I wish I could knit. My MIL taught me just the knit stitch and the pearl. But not anything else (like how to finish it off when you've got the dish cloth to the right size :lol: ) so I envy you!! And to do a poncho!! That's great!! I've wanted to find an easy crochet one to do for my daughters but haven't taken the time to look. I've done a couple "fuzzy" scarves...but then again, that's crocheting. Get well soon!!

Jane: I'm not REAL fond of exercising. But it's something I've been told is good for me and I DID put it as a resolution to do this year. Hmm..wonder if all I've done constitutes achieving the goal of "exercise more" ? :lol: You can do it! Bring LC foods you enjoy :)

TG: Don't sweat it. You'll be back OP before you know it!!

Star: I know, I know. I'm supposed to get rid of the scale. I won't weigh myself tomorrow..but will on Saturday for official WI (and then try not to step on it again for another week). Sounds like a snazzy car you're going to get. So how many speeding tickets do you think you'll end up with? lol

Well, DH was on Ebay and he's getting an underwater camera (for fishing). So I told him he has to suck up to me BIG time and when I decide what I want he HAS to buy it for me. So I was debating what to get. Well, last night I told him I wanted a persian cat (there was one at the pound). He flipped and said no. To which I promptly lost my temper and told him after EVERYTHING he's gotten I should be able to get SOMETHING I want. So decided to figure out what ELSE would make him PO'd......so decided along w/the kitten I want a dishwasher. I can't wait to tell him THAT :lol3:

StarPrincess 01-20-2005 02:15 PM

TG - I'm going for black too! I'll keep an eye out for you. :D

Brenda - This is actually a 'practical' car for me. Right now, I drive a little red turbo-powered convertible. But this car is sweet and I need to get something with 4 doors so car seats will be convenient. DH and I are planning on buying our first house this year (as soon as I have a non-contract job) and then it will be baby time!

lady_adnerb 01-20-2005 02:35 PM

Baby time!! Oh excellent!! Can't wait to hear about YOUR equator trek experience :lol: I would love a new/different car but at the moment can't afford it. Of course, after someone pulled in front of me today almost HAD to get a new one!! Dingbat drivers!

StarPrincess 01-20-2005 03:12 PM

The coolest thing about this car is that it's a 2004 that was used as a demo so it has about 4K miles on it, but has never been titled. That means I get a used car price and new car financing. :D So I'm trading in a 97 with 85K miles on it for a 2004 with 4K miles on it and my car payments and insurance will stay the same. How cool is that? yippee!!!!!!!!!!

LoriAS 01-20-2005 10:07 PM

Good evening! Well after three days of wonderfully "on program" eating I blew it out of the water today! But hey, I made it 3 days this time instead of 1 1/2. So back to the plan tomorrow! I'm hereby officially forgiving myself and I did run 1 1/2 miles this AM!