3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Tuesday Chat 1/18 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/52064-tuesday-chat-1-18-a.html)

lady_adnerb 01-18-2005 08:05 AM

Tuesday Chat 1/18

Well, managed to stay OP last night :lol: The week is always easy for me. It's the weekend that I have a problem with. I want to stay OP at least until the 28th when I go see TOBY KEITH!!!!! WOOHOO!! So that's my plan....let's see if I can make it happen. Did my exercises yesterday so of course I'm a little sore. Thinking of doing Tae-Bo today to shake things up. Not as long of a workout..but still just as tough!

fullfig 01-18-2005 09:06 AM

Good afternoon all. I just got home from subbing at my dd's school today. The second graders were very "active". I enjoyed it though. I got to sub a couple of days right before winter break, which was the first time that I had worked outside the home since April '98. I hope all of you are having a great day!

Robin--We are still in Turkey, but should be moving this summer. It is hard to believe that it has been 19 months already. We are anxious to find out where we will be going next.

RobinW 01-18-2005 09:46 AM

Good Morning!

Nope, I didnt get my blinds up yesterday. Every time I did something, I had to take a break to get my strength back. Todays plan.......to do NOTHING!! So anything I get accomplished will be bonus! :lol:

Airborne report......like I had mentioned yesterday, I dont think I took it early enough, BUT.....after taking it, I have this burst of energy for about 2 hrs. Then I can feel the itchy throat coming back, and the sniffles. So there is definately something to this stuff.

Ok thats if from me......Im off to the couch! :wave:
Robin

Theo'sgirl 01-18-2005 10:25 AM

Good Morning ladies!!!

Robin: the Airborne works, I usually take it right when I feel my throat feeling funky. Hope you are better soon.

B- GREAT JOB staying OP yesterday!

Fullfig- OMgoodness 2nd graders, I would be scared! ahahahahah

Well yesterday, I was good all day for my birthday and then at dinner time we went out to eat and I was BAD!! But I am still taking it as a win cause usually before a big event I am bad starting days before, and I figure 1 bad meal instead of bad couple days is good!! They boys and DH got me some cute cards and my SIL is taking me out to get a pedicure on Sunday, she said I should get pampered for my birthday!!! I agree!! hahahaha

Today back to OP!! Have a great day ladies!!!

TG

jdoggmartin 01-18-2005 10:51 AM

Brenda: You can make it OP through the 28th.

Fullfig: Wow! You are brave to sub for active second graders. :D

Robin: Hope you get to feeling better soon!

TG: It sounds like you did a good job yesterday, especially since it was a special day. I'm sure you'll get right back to it today. Happy late birthday!

I feel like I've been eating everything in sight lately. TOM is coming, so I guess that's the cause, but this usually isn't the case. I feel so bloated and yucky. I'll be glad to get this over with.

Hope you all have a great day!

Take care,
Jina

KarenW 01-18-2005 10:57 AM

Good Morning! :coffee:

Im back again! I had a really crummy week last week! I now have no job at all! But that is OK, I still have my crochet business! :) And I can work on my 3 books now! WOO HOO!

I am down 10 pounds since new Years! WOO HOO! And I have been keeping up with my running so all is well there!

No time to post personals now.. I need to get the kiddos off to school... but I will be back!

StarPrincess 01-18-2005 11:01 AM

Hello Darlings!

Brenda - You've been doing so good lately! Have fun at the Toby Keith concert. One of my 'back up husbands' wants to take me country dancing on Saturday. I told him I won't go unless he buys me a pair of boots :lol: Actually, PBR is in town this weekend and I'm dying to go to that!

Fulfig - I read your post yesterday and I had to laugh. My mom is a huge M&M's addict. She has them in almost every room of her house. So when I go over there, I'll eat just one and then walk away. It drives her bonkers! :s:

Robin - Get feeling better! What's Airborne? I must have missed that conversation.

TG - Pampered for your birthday? You should get pampered for existing! (We may have to start a Princess boot camp around here....) :queen: Glad you had a good birthday!

Well, my weekend was kindof a blur. I was basically a slug since we were iced in for two days. And while not horrible, my eating definitely left something to be desired. I'm finding a strong correlation between a lack of exercise and bad eating. I think that when I exercise, I get in the mindset of 'I've just worked so hard - why would I want to ruin that?'

So the trick this week is to decide what classes I want to take at the gym. There's about a million and they all seem like such fun! Since it's right here on my work campus, I can go any time I want. Will you guys help me choose?

On Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays it's a toss up between Pilates Mat from 11:00 - 12:00 and a class called Butts and Guts from 12:00-12:45. I'm also thinking that on those days I'd hop on the eliptical for 30 minutes or so after I finish my work day.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays it gets more tricky. There's a NYC Ballet class that's kindof stretching and athletic conditioning using ballet techniques from 11:00 - 12:00. There's a class called BodyFlow that is kindof a power yoga/pilates hybrid from 12:15 - 1:15. There's circuit weights from 4:00 - 5:00. And there's boxing from 5:45 - 7:00.

Also on Thursday mornings from 7:30 - 9:30, there's a rock climbing belay class that DH would like me to take with him.

Help! I need a reasonable schedule that's not going to kill me and is well balanced.

StarPrincess 01-18-2005 11:03 AM

Jina - I hate TOM! I'm there right now and consequently up 2 pounds. Bah!

Karen - No job! OMG! Thank goodness that you're business has been going so well. And 10 pounds since new year's! WTG!!!!! :cb:

Sugar Cube 01-18-2005 12:03 PM

Plodding through the head cold and really crappy eating. Started off ok, but slide downhill. Luckily, I didn't crash and I know it is also because I haven't been exercising so I hope to be able to get into gear if only with a tape at home. I am definately leaving the office early today.

Going to make lowcarb meatloaf I saw on FIT TV last week. looks good for leftovers for me.

jane8760 01-18-2005 01:43 PM

Sorry I didn't check in earlier...busy at work today. Eating my lunch as we speak (well, type ;))

Brenda: I agree, you have been doing great lately. Look at you....exercising! Now if I could just get some of your enthusiasm.

fullfig: :wave: Glad you enjoyed the subbing.

Robin: Sorry you still aren't feeling so hot. Rest!

TG: I didn't get to post on your birthday thread so......... :gift: Happy Birthday!

Jina: I know how you feel....I sware I am eating everything!!!!! You name it and it isn't safe around me lately. Hang in there.

Karen: :bravo: 10 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You rock!

StarPrincess: Geez...all those classes to chose from? I would vote for the yoga class.....but I am not a Pilates kind of girl anyway :dunno: The boxing sounds like fun though.

Sugar Cube: The cold that I had recently was a doozy! I am still having problems. Drink lots of water and like I said to Robin....REST! That and some good drugs are about all you can do.

Well, finished my lunch while typing away to you. Feeling tired today. Need to get some rest....shoulder bugs me while I am sleeping. Was sewing most of yesterday so I'm sure that didn't help it any.

It is FREEZING here today. bbbbrrrrrrrrrr

StarPrincess 01-18-2005 02:15 PM

I think I've decided on Pilates mat classes on M,W, and F. With BodyFlow on Tuesday and Thursday for starters. They're in the middle of my workday so I think they'll be a much-needed break for me. I might add evening classes later on.

I did find out that they have a beginner's rock climbing program that seems to be more of a 1 on 1 coaching thing. Maybe I'll try that out too. I'm excited!

LoriAS 01-18-2005 02:29 PM

Good afternoon!!

I think I had a fluke weigh in a couple of days ago just to get my blood pressure up and get me back on track. I jumped on the scales and it said 150!!! Then I calmly got off the scale and jumped back on it and it said 149! Ok, these are brand new scales. I decided I would get back on track and not weigh for couple of days. I got back on the scale this AM and was at my ticker weight (142, Phew!). Needless to say, I'm relieved. But I"m still ashamed that I got down to 129 in November!!! and am back up to 142! Boy, did I enjoy the holidays. Ok, enough whining on my part!

Exercise is going great for me. I'm on the afternoon of day 2 of my modified induction! This is usually where I screw it up. I am determined to make it through today!!!

Everyone keep chanting "You can do it!"

Tonight I'm going roller skating with my 3 favorite guys (DH and DSs)! That should get me a couple of good miles on the ET!

lady_adnerb 01-18-2005 02:58 PM

Fullfig: Glad you enjoyed subbing. Is that something that could turn full-time? And any indication where you'll be off to next??

Robin: I'm thinking I missed the "airborne" conversation also. What is it and how do you get it? And is it something you can use often or "every 4 hours as directed" type thing? Hope you feel better soon.

TG: Oh yah! You definitely need to be pampered. And if all you've done is eat 1 meal you DEFINITELY did great! Keep it up!!

Jina: Don't you hate it when TOM comes and messes everything up? The bloating and icky feeling will go away soon! Hang in there!

Karen: Mind if I ask....why no job now? And glad the crochet business is keeping you happy :) Congratulations on the great weight loss!!!

Star: I'd LOVE to learn to country line dance. But there aren't any clubs for that around here. And I'm not really a bar person so that leaves a lot out also :lol: PBR (pro bull riding?) sounds like it'd be cool to see. And yup, I'd like to have a pair of cowgirl boots also. But then I'd need a jean shirt and skirt to go with it. And I vote for the boxing. lol

Liza: Work on getting well, then work on your eating. You need the strength if you plan on exercising. Get well soon!

Jane: Enthusiasm...me? :rofl3: I just want to get some of this post-halloween/thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years weight off. And figured the evil was having to exercise. :lol: If you can figure out how to sleep and not have your shoulder hurt...let me know! I wake up and can barely move my arm. :(

Lori: You can do it....you can do it....you can do it. Hope that helps!! I'll be counting on some chanting of my own when the weekend comes!! Enjoy skating :)

Well, another day of work has come and gone. Now I've got to work on GS stuff (after I check in here of course). Have already done exercise (Tae-Bo) so that's done. I think I got more of a workout w/that than I do w/the step aerobics. May need to either get more height on it or get another tape. Either that or a dance tape :lol: So many options...so little time. lol. We're supposed to get snow tonight. They can't make up their minds how much. First heard 2-4 inches and now heard 4-6. Winter weather advisory out though. Glad I don't have to go anywhere tonight.

RobinW 01-18-2005 05:33 PM

Airborne is a product that TG suggested I try. Ive seen ads for it, but had forgotten about it until she mentioned it. Its basically an herbal remedy to help fend off colds and flu.

I picked mine up at walgreens, in the colds and flu section, 2 rows alloted for this stuff, and there were 6 left in the 2nd row!!

It hasnt cured my cold, but it certainly does make me feel good for about 2 -3 hrs after taking it. By feeling good I mean, I almost feel back to normal...and then tend to do too much :rolleyes:

You are suppose to take it when you are going to be spending alot of time in crowded places....its helps your system fight the bugs.

Robin :)