Monday Chat 1/10

• Where's everyone??
  • I'm here but I have a meeting in 20 minutes lol

Okay whats everyone's plans for the week? How do you plan on staying OP?

BBL
  • Paula: Hey, count that packing as ET miles!! You may not have broken a sweat but you were using muscles. I don't always break a sweat while doing WATP but still count it. IT COUNTS!!!

Well, 2 donuts led to 4. GRR. At least they're out of the house The scale is up a pound but it'll be down again in a couple days. I'm not sweating it. I was thrilled w/the 4 pounds and that was 2 pounds more than I expected. Today I'm off for the day---oldest daughter....hm...how do I say this....she's not quite a girl, not yet a woman? That song is having new meaning!!! She's no longer my baby!! Dang they're growing up too fast!! Anyway, she's not comfortable right now and had phy. ed so told her I'd sympathise today but she'd have to go to school tomorrow and make sure to make up the phy. ed whether TOM was gone or not!! I hate being mean but this is only the FIRST time she's had it and I can't let her skip phy. ed EVERY month (though back then I wish I could have--so DO sympathise w/her). There are harder months coming!! Anyway, I'm going to throw in the exercise tape around 10ish and maybe do WATP and then some of the step program. Maybe learn the steps for it w/OUT the step first. That alone would be exercise for me.
  • Leenie: You snuck in while I was writing "the book". lol. You busy bee you! Try and take a coffee break and chat with us some day, huh? Well, at least make sure you're taking care of yourself!!!!
  • Brenda: That's a rough time. I think you're a nice mom for letting DD stay home today. You can work those donuts off in no time.

Leenie: We miss you around here! I'm hoping to stay OP this week the same way I did last week, and I'm not sure how I did it. Just lots of motivation, I guess. Oh, and staying busy so I don't feel like eating constantly!

Well, I weighed this morning, and I'm down to 175! That's a six-pound loss for the week!! I'm so estatic! It's amazing what being OP (and induction) can do for a person. I'm so motivated now. Woo-hoo!

I think I'm going to try out the gym with my friend again tonight. I'll probably just fall in love with it more and end up joining. Whatever happens, at least I'll get in a good workout tonight.

Hope you all have a great week!

Take care,
    Jina
  • Happy Monday!

Brenda - Well, at least they're out of the house

Leenie - Nice so see you back! How was the meeting?

Jina - I'm finding that the gym isn't so scary after all! I actually look forward to my workout at the end of my work day (normally 2:30).

Well, I didn't do so well this weekend. I was cruising along just fine until yesterday. Then tragedy struck and I really didn't care what I ate so it was McD's at one point and a chicken fajita pita from Jack in the Box later. Ugh!

But here was the tragedy: My older chihuahua, Paco suffered an attempted filleting from my cat, Max. It really wasn't the cat's fault. There was another cat outside by our back door and Max saw him and ran over to the door and started getting upset. Paco came running to Max's rescue but the running directly into the cat barking his little head off just served to freak the cat out even more. So there was a big meow, the cat jumped up with claws out, and there was poor little Paco with a flap of skin just hanging off one 'elbow' area. He was so brave! So we spent most of the day at the vet's getting him sewn up. Six stitches on a 6 pound dog is a lot!

The good news is that he's doing just fine. I was a wreck, but I'm doing good now, too. How on earth am I ever going to be a mom?

So, it's induction this week. Crystal light orange juice instead of coffee, lots of good veggies, no fast food! Wa-hoo!
  • OH, please help me!! I can't seem to get past a couple of days on induction. I need a plan and an accountability partner!!! I've been running, so I know that increases my cravings...I just keep making all the wrong choices. At one point I was back down to 136, but am now back up to 142. It's driving me insane, but I can't seem to stop myself from reaching for those sweets! Help!!!

Oh, yeah, by the way...Hello!
  • We're all here for you, Lori! Come post on the weekly food log and Induction Boot camp!

BTW - With all the injured doggie excitement, I forgot to tell you that DH surprised me with a new diamond ring this weekend! Just because! How cool is that? It looks like this:

• Just a quick hello, spent the morning at the reserve center saying our "hurry homes" to stepson. It was pretty much the hardest thing to do....to watch my dh have to go thru that. Ss is suppose to head to california for desert training, but Im not so sure he's going to get much of that there right now with all the rain and snow.

On a lighter note, I made it thru the first week of induction and lost 9lbs. I dont know who said it earlier this week, but its been my mantra and I thankyou, you said "you cant eat him home safe" You were right....and its helped

Im off for a cup of tea and a read. I'll check in later

Robin
  • Jina: Way to go on staying OP!!! Keep up the great work. Congrats on the EXCELLENT loss!! See, I knew you could do it!

Star: Sorry to hear about Paco. Hope he's doing well. Stunning ring!! Must be nice (I had to bug DH to get me one. lol)! Don't worry about the eating. You'll have that back to normal in no time!!

Lori: You're doing so well. Keep up the exercise and the eating will follow right after! I'd love to give you support! I figure if I can't stay OP at least I can help someone else do it You can do it you know you can!!

Well, I finally did it. Made it through the WHOLE step program. My goal is to eventually use the little do-dads that raise it higher to make the exertion level higher. I like this lady who does the step also. I watched her on tv yesterday (another step program--only w/commercials) and I'd like to get more tapes of her work. She's bouncy but not obnoxiously so. A great addition to my WATP tape. Maybe I should work tae-bo in there somehow. Is there such a thing as TOO much exercise? OMG did I just say that????
  • Robin: Glad things are looking up for you eating wise. And sorry sending him off was such a trial. Hope you don't feel so down soon. I'm sure he'll manage to keep in contact as much as possible!!
  • Robin - I know how hard it is to let them go. I've got a 'little brother' over there as well as a few good friends. The husband of one of my closest friends just got home from 'the sandbox' after 11 months. If you ever need to talk it out, feel free to message me. Sometimes it can help to talk to someone 'experienced'

Hugs!
  • Lori: Give induction a few days, and hopefully those cravings will go away. I'm a huge sweet eater, and right now, after a week of induction, I could care less about eating them. You can do it!

Star: LOVE the ring. What a sweet DH you have!

Robin: That sounds so hard. I'm sorry you guys had to go through that. Congrats on the nine-pound loss!

Brenda: Way to go! You are an exercising machine these days!
  • Hi everyone. Just dropping in for a quick hello. It's been a hellish day and I need to get off the computer (at least for now) and unwind. One of my students will be having some very serious surgery soon -- complications are highly possible -- and I'm finding myself in tears today. Poor little dude, born with a devastating chronic health condition (MD), and he's had so many surgeries already. I'm just getting all weepy over this because it's the first time I've had a student who was so seriously ill. Keep him in your thoughts everyone.