3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   How To Stay Clean For Christmas? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/50545-how-stay-clean-christmas.html)

lady_adnerb 12-18-2004 08:37 AM

How To Stay Clean For Christmas?

Ok. I've been thinking, how do you all plan on staying OP for Christmas? Do you go to your families that day? I know for myself that I won't be able to stay OP. So I'm allowing myself those days plus New Years Eve and then it's off to the races :D

RobinW 12-18-2004 07:38 PM

Hi Brenda

Im hoping to eat properly, since we have 2 big family meals to participate in. One we go to on (this)Tuesday, the other will be at my house on the 25th. This being the only one I'll have complete control over.

Anyway, Im not craving carbs at the moment so Im hoping its not going to be too difficult. I have to remember to stay away from the wine!!!

I am going to have a home made biscuit (mom makes the best) and 1/2 a serving of dessert at Mom's on Tuesday. I told dh, that I'll take that meal as a free one, and I'll only take an hour to eat! After that, Im back to Atkins! As for our own christmas meal on the 25th, Im making a big salad, and some seafood thingys to snack on, along with the traditional fixings. But Im planning on keeping it under 20 carbs for the day. Breakfast is going to be the hardest...we are going to my s.o.l. (next door) and d.i.l. is making chocolate chip pancakes. Soooo what I am planning is making a jimmydean breakfast casserole I found in the coupons last week (or the week before?) I'll have that before I go, and pick at the bacon and sausage instead if I really dont feel full.

Thats the plan.....Im all set. Now Im going to do my dardest to stay on this plan. :eating2:
Plan Plan Plan Plan Plan Plan!!! :sman:

Robin
:merry:

CPgirl 12-21-2004 04:11 PM

Hi Brenda,

On special occasions, what I usually do is cheat here and there, but only on the stuff I really think is worth it. I.e, no dinner rolls, no sugary beverages, no pie (unless its my absolute favorite). I try to fill up on protein and veggies and eat as little as possible of the naughties, while still enjoying myself. That usually means I'll eat stuff like ham, turkey, casseroles (not worrying about the ingredients, but try to pick around the breaded topping), cranberry relish, sweet potatoes, and even a sliver of pie.

Actually, that has been my style of eating for a long time....I've been only semi-serious about Atkins for a while, and its about time to get back on the wagon!

Initially, back in 2001, I was very serious about it the first 6 months, but then have been only semi-serious since then. The result was that I lost about 45 pounds the first 6 months, then tapered off to about 1 or 2 pounds a month for the last couple of years. The good news is that being only semi-serious has allowed me to keep the weight off long-term and even keep gradually losing.

So, I will use my semi-serious approach over the Holidays and hope to keep things sort of in line, then back to induction for New Year's!!

Sonnet 12-22-2004 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lady_adnerb
Ok. I've been thinking, how do you all plan on staying OP for Christmas? Do you go to your families that day? I know for myself that I won't be able to stay OP. So I'm allowing myself those days plus New Years Eve and then it's off to the races :D

Hi Brenda, The only way I can stay clean is don't go to Christmas. :lol: That's the only way I can do it, and it does not make for good family relationships. For some reason, family wants me there eating no matter what is does to me. :devil: Sort of drives me nuts too. :lol: Sure, they offer me the right foods, but I'm wanting the crossants next to THAT CHEESE. :devil: I give my sister credit for offering me foods DH and I can have.

Then I have times I stay prim and proper promising myself anything I want to eat afterwards if I stay clean while around family. I fool myself.

Sometimes we are highly admired because we have "looked so good" at the occasion. They awe over us with "How do we do it?" I hate that attention too, and it drives me to eating. :lol:

There are the times we don't let on we are dieting to certain people and act like we eat like that all the time, "no big deal." But then I suffer with terrible illness of headache, moodiness, constipation, etc. I am left with why did I go off my good WOE?

So I suppose I don't have any one answer. I just do what I want, or what everyone thinks I should be doing, what ever happens. I'm confused for sure, but good question. I'll be thinking of this one, for sure. :lol:

CPgirl 12-22-2004 12:05 PM

Here's another thought I saw last night while watching that show "The Biggest Loser." One of the trainers said that "the holidays are really all about being with family and friends, not a license to eat yourself into a coma." How true, although we do think of it as a free pass to indulge in the naughties, don't we?

So, I'll try to keep that in mind, but I still plan to enjoy some naughty stuff!

JulieGo 12-23-2004 05:30 PM

Well I plan each and every meal each day but on holidays that I have no control over I adjust... I do not eat off plan just maybe a little too much.... still no pies, rolls, etc... We usually take a dish or two so we know we will have at least 1 or 2 things to eat plus I always eat shortly before we go so I am not starved while there...

Juls :)