Old 10-09-2004, 08:42 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekend Chat - October 9th and 10th

Good Morning

I'm soooooooo glad its the weekend.

Last night I got up around 9:30 pm and boy, it took everything I had in me not to feed my face. I sat and watched TV until 12:30 am and only had some tea. Sheeeeeeesh dieting is so hard lol, nothing new to me but some times it just amazes me the strength you need. Do you all realize how strong you REALLY are? I hope you all give yourself credit even when we goof.

Got any good plans for the weekend?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 09:42 AM   #2  
on my way down again

Good morning. It's raining here. We were going to the Sea Cruise (cars) --not sure if I want to get soaked.

Leenie, That's so good you had the tea! It does take a sort of super strength for me as well. Still, all day yesterday, I was so glad to be back OP; Nothing feels as good as each small accomplishment.

I made the Atkins' chicken mushroom dinner I posted on 10/6 daily thread. DH and I both thought it was delicious! I think it would make a great soup if you use the entire can of chicken broth.

I was good and didn't double the recipe like I planned on. Going on what I think is a small protion, it looked like it wouldn't be much. It is enough for two! LOL I wasn't hungry all night.

I will make a portion control my goal for the weekend because I don't know what this is.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 09:51 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Congrats on the self control!! The way things have been lately doubt I'd have been able to control myself. WAY TO GO!!!

Well, day 1 OP went well. Now I need to work on day 2. Pictures are scheduled for noon tomorrow. I hope they turn out great! I know...I'm being a Oldest has GS today---belly dancing. Sounds interesting. lol. Been contemplating getting another part-time job. We could use the money---especially lately. Seems everything that can go wrong is. So I'll talk to DH about it again. He's against me getting another one. Cuz I wouldn't be home for him when he gets home. But he's working all this overtime and I feel guilty only working 4 hours to help out w/the bills.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 09:53 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Barbie: The chicken mushroom sounds delicious. I'll have to find the recipe for that!! I need to get to the store this weekend before my OP options totally disappear.

Self control? Portion Control?? What's that??
Old 10-09-2004, 10:21 AM   #5  
on my way down again

Brenda, I'm so happy you finally get to have your family portrait scheduled...

I found it for you. I used two small oven baked chicken thighs because I already had them. ------------------------------
From Dr. Atkins' Quick and Easy New Diet Cookbook, companion to New Diet Revolution, byRobert and Veronica Atkins

Creamed Chicken with Mushrooms
("tastes like the traditional toast accompaniment...w/o the toast")

1 whole boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp crumbled dried thyme
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons minced shallots
1/3 cup dry white wine
1/3 cup chicken stock
1/2 half cup heavy cream
1 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

Season the chicken with the thyme, salt, and pepper. heat 2 Tbsp of the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat until the foam subsides. Add the chicken and saute' about 3 minutes, until light golden. Add the mushrooms, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Remove the chicken-mushroom mixture from the skillet and reserve.

Add the remaining Tbsp of butter to the skillet and saute' the shallots, stirring occaisonally, for 2 minutes. Add the wine and stock to the skillet. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, making sure to scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add the cream and gently simmer for another 5 minutes. Return the reserved chicken-mushroom to the skillet, add the parsley, and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.

serves two Total carbohydrates: 11.6 grams
per serving 5.8 grams
Old 10-09-2004, 12:01 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

Barbie: Did you make that with or without the wine? Do ya think it'd taste ok w/out it? And what's a shallot??
Old 10-09-2004, 08:09 PM   #7  
on my way down again

HI Brenda, I used the wine. I think it would be fine without the wine and just replace it with the chicken broth. I thought it tasted like a cream soup with wine that wouldn't normally have wine in it anyway.

Shallots look like big foot-long white onion. I used long green onions that come in a bunch, but just the white part. I can't always get Shallots here.

I'm making it again tomorrow.

Last edited by Barbie101; 10-09-2004 at 08:22 PM.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 09:58 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

Thanks for the info Barbie!!

Well, I blew it again. It started out w/just a bottle of Mikes' Cranberry...then ended with chocolate. What the is my problem lately?? Why can't I stay OP? I don't like this bloated feeling and I like feeling like my stomach is smaller and I'm actually losing weight. So why do I do this to myself?????? Someone just staple my mouth shut!!
Old 10-10-2004, 08:59 AM   #9  
Baby Steps

Another day of starting over. This is beginning to become a habit!! I need to start having a little more self control because I need to quit eating all that junk (and drinking that stuff). So back to the drawing board. I would really like to behave myself at least until Thanksgiving
Old 10-10-2004, 09:13 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Me to Brenda.... hey !!! wanna challenge each other ? I was good yesterday until last night why oh why?

Lets do it!!!! A turkey day challenge? I think I can do it!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 11:34 AM   #11  

Ok, it's me. The hedger. Just don't know what to do. Friends keep sending me diets (and they are wonderful for doing it, I don't want to sound as if I don't appreciate it) But for some reason I'm am drawn back to LC. I know my 11 days of induction weren't successful. My blood sugars didn't improve and my weight was up and down, but I quick because I hurt my back and then got what I thought was a stomach virus(my doc thinks it's diabetic gastroparesis(sp?)) and I'm now being medicated. So I would like to try it again, but the fat still makes me nervous. But it seems that those who sacrifice the fat, don't seem to be as successful. So do I dare try again.
As always lately,
confused....
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 09:13 PM   #12  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Ok. Let's see who can go the longest w/out giving in. I was good today. How about you :P Starting tomorrow :P

Donna: Hope everything goes ok and you find a system that works for you Keep your chin up and as always...try, try again

Well, pictures were FUN today. OMG it was a blast. And guess what?? We've got them back already. WOOHOO! OMG it was SOOO hard to figure out which ones I want reprinted!! So of course within the next couple days I'll plug the scanner in, and scan them to show you all. My sis did an A++++ job!! I couldn't have asked for better pictures. And the price was SUPER. She was only going to charge me for the film and developing...but I gave her some extra. So next I've gotta go to Wal-Mart and see about getting them made bigger---depends on how much that costs. And of course wallet reprints for the family. As for Dh's family? They can still kiss my lilly white cellulite And are they getting a pic? Oh yeah...just to show what they missed out on