Old 10-18-2004, 08:31 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday Chat - October 18th

Good Morning,

I'm home today well actually I'm heading out to have alergy testing done this morning.

I'll be back later to chat

How's everyone's week.

(psssssssssst.... boy did I fall off the wagon yesterday )
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 08:40 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Hope the testing doesn't hurt too bad. Don't feel bad...the wagon hit my butt hard too.

I think I'm coming down with a cold. My head is stuffy. Throat is sore and I'm tired as all heck. Could be the carb factor. I'll know in a couple days after I've been back on the wagon. Maybe I need to rethink this "allow" stuff. And won't mention the scale either!! Up 2, down 2. That's my cycle!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 09:03 AM   #3  

Good morning.

Leenie: I just recently had a new set of allergy tests done.....ITCH, ITCH, ITCH! Oh how I hate those tests! All that poking and all that itch. Hope it goes ok for you! Ask for the anti itch cream as soon as they are done!!!!!

Brenda: Wagon....I fell off the BUS! Pizza Friday night and way too much wine yesterday! But I am back OP today. Have all the right stuff with me.

Still fighting my cold....seems to be working it's way through though. The ABS light in my car won't go off....need to make an appt with the dealership $$$$$$$. DH and I went over some finances yesterday because he thinks he may lose his business by the first of the year. I wanted to know where we would stand and now I do I am down in the dumps today about it. I am so worried about him but I also can't help but think about all the things I will not be able to do. I know that sounds selfish....I am ashamed of myself. I should care more about him not me right? I have a wonderful husband, my health, a nice home etc. Why do I feel like a spoiled brat? Why was my first reaction to be upset about all the things I wanted to do in the house and now can't? What is wrong with me? I feel like I have turned into a horrible person. And what if I get layed off!!!! That is possible too. If I lose my job we are screwed! I want him to know that I DO care about him and how this makes him feel. He has owned this business for over 30 years now. I was with him when he closed his first office and layed off all his employees....I watch him now working by himself each day to keep it going. I do wish that he had been a little more proactive. He just isn't that kind of guy. And he says he just doesn't want to be in this business anymore. But what the heck is a 59 year old guy going to do!!!!!!
What a brat Looks like it's time to write him a letter.....I do that when I don't know what to say....it is easier in writing. Good friends of ours told me that they have done that for years. If she is upset with him she writes him a letter. They have been married for almost 50 years now.

ok, I am done *****ing.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 10:32 AM   #4  
kelly

Good morning ladies and Happy Monday!!!

well my 1st day back on Atkins from a longggg time ago, I did good. But this am, I had a bowl of cereal. And of course it wasnt a "low-carb" cereal. Geez, I feel like ugh cause I alrdy failed!!!! But Im gonna stick to it. I keep drinking all my water and eating allllll low carb stuff. The headaches were really bad last night, but I managed. Weird, after 1 day and messing up this am, I dont feel so bloated and big. Prob cause I didnt stuff my face with junk food all day and night last night!!!!

I will keep trying!!!!

Jane- Im really sorry about your DH business. If he def loses the business, is there maybe a big company around that does the same type of business that he can get a job with? Maybe even a management job? Im really sorry and I hope everything turns out ok for DH and you.

Leenie- what exactly do they do for the actual testing? Good luck with it!

Lady Adnerb- Get some rest and take some medicine now, before ya get really sick! Feel better!!

Have a good day ladies...
mrskelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 10:52 AM   #5  
Movin' and Losin'

Leenie: Hope the allergy test goes well.

Brenda: I hope you're not getting a cold -- take care of yourself!

Jane: I'm so sorry to hear about your DH possibly losing his business. This has to be a very hard time for both of you. Please take care!

mrskelly: Welcome! All we can do is keep trying. I know you'll do great.

Well, this is the most amazing thing -- I had an OP weekend!! It's really what I needed to get fired up about losing weight again -- it's proof that I can do this!

I had a great weekend in Kansas. I did lots of shopping, went to my school's (Kansas State) football game on Saturday and spent lots of time relaxing and spending time with family. The only problem: allergies! I don't have allergies in Florida, but they are the worst in Kansas. So, I was a sneezing, wheezing mess for the majority of the weekend.

I've got to go and keep score at DH's softball games tonight. They say they play to have fun, but they are so darn competitive -- I have to keep score so they can keep stats about who has the best batting average, fielding percentage, etc. It's pretty ridiculous. Oh, well. That's boys, I guess.

Here's to another OP week! Hope you all have a great Monday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 12:34 PM   #6  

Gggrrrrrrrr.....now my computer crapped out! They just took it away. *sigh*

Logged into one at an empty desk. This is going to be an interesting afternoon.

Jina: way to go.....being good on the weekend is a concept I have never gotten the hang of. Good for you.

mrskelly: If you really like cereal then try the Atkins Blueberry Bounty cereal. I like it a lot. Don't beat yourself up....just hop back on the wagon and you will do fine.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:32 PM   #7  
Somethin's gotta give

Hey ladies! whats up...is it friday yet?

Leenie- I can't get my 7 year old to get the difference between itch and scratch.....she'll run to me with her shirt up 'mommy! itch it! itch it!"

Brenda- I wondered what those tire marks on your shirt were from

Jane- This too shall pass girl....something always turns up and worrying about ti doesnt do any good ( this from the worlds worrier)....good luck

Mrskelly- onward and upward!

Jina- BRAVO!!!Keep us inspired!

uneventful weekend....managed to stay OP except for half a cookie...so I guess I fell off too....we are putting in a brick patio and DH is workin his butt off....my DD who's 24 is moving back home....I miss her, but I've got some mixed feelings about it-....have a great OP day!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 01:58 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

Jane: It's normal to be thinking of what you COULD be doing w/that money instead of trying to be there for your DH. You think YOU are selfish? Try this on for size. My DH has been in 3 accidents. 2 were not his fault, one kind of was (long story). Anyway, the first thing NORMAL people ask are "are you alright." Right?? Not me, I have to ask "how bad is the truck damaged." So you're not selfish!! I love writing notes to Dh. We write back and forth. I'll write him at night before bed. He'll write back (short) in the morning. If I'm REALLY mad I'll write a 4 page letter about it. Easier to get emotions and the right words when not dealing directly w/the person. HUGS and hope things go better for you!!

mrskelly: Nope, you didn't fail. You just side tracked a little. It's simple when you start out to make a mistake. You'll get the hang of it. I kind of wish I was just starting out again...cuz I had SOO much resistance to carbs that I managed to stay OP for like 2 months...now I can't stay on longer than 5 days! You'll do better!!

Jina: Sorry to hear about the snifflies. But glad you had OP days!! Keep up the great work!! How'd you manage to do it? I could use some of that help!!

Marie: Post pictures when the patio is done. Sounds nice!! Don't bother counting that half cookie!! compared to what I ate it's NOTHING but a crumb Why's DD moving back home? For good or just a little while? What's DH say about it?

Well, I managed to last the 4 hour work day. I could use a total nap though. I don't feel like eating but I shoved a couple venison jerky strips down. DD's will have either pizza or something else super easy (hotdogs?) for supper and I guess it's salad and chicken for me and DH. Of course, he'll eat his customary wrap so I don't know why I bother trying to get him something for supper. lol. I can feel myself getting that "I'm sick and cranky" feeling. Poor family! lol
Old 10-18-2004, 02:26 PM   #9  
Somethin's gotta give

Brenda- well, DD moved out and got her own place about a year ago and after a few months did the classic "crash and burn"....of course by that time, we had turned her room into an office! We told her she could come home anyway but then my ex said he had an extra room in his house and invited her there...I thought it was a good idea....He, of course, had this feeling that as soon as she was under his roof, she would stop acting like a typical young person, stop partying etc...and then he could be "famous super dad".....I...as her mother.....knew better.

So here it is about 6 months later and on friday he told her he felt "disrespected" because she is never there....always with her boyfriend or best friend ( hello!) and also that she is spending a lot of time with me and he doesnt know "what THATS all about" ( hello again! I uh...HAD her).....so he wants her to move out- Im glad...the man is a total ***- if it wasnt for little DD I'd be happy for him to fall off the earth.....so....here she comes home again.DD is fine with it- he hates the ex too and would rather have her here--He thinks of her as his kid too....time will tell I guess
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 02:33 PM   #10  
Baby Steps

Marie: sounds like the ex is an ex for a reason Good choice How can people expect kids not to be kids? Hmm..interesting!! lol. Sounds like he had a crash and burn of his own. Reality bites for him eh? lol
Old 10-18-2004, 03:02 PM   #11  
The Princess O' Pets

Ladies just dropping by fast to say HI, kids have the stomach flu YUCKY!!! So i am a busy lady!! and not OP either i have been eating crackers!!! AHHHHHH!!! Talk soon!
Love TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 03:22 PM   #12  
Baby Steps

TG: Hope the kidlets get better soon!!! Try not to get the bug yourself! We know how that goes right? lol
Old 10-18-2004, 04:20 PM   #13  

TG: Ick! sorry about the kids. Hope they are better soon.

Computer still is being worked on.......They don't know what is wrong with it. Hope I have it back by tomorrow.

I have a meeting tonight and I would love to blow it off.....but I can't.