Old 07-31-2004, 08:57 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekend Chat 7/31-8/1

I blew this WOE again last night. GRRR. DH suggested DQ.....and the rest is history. At least I got a SMALL blizzard. Giving myself points for that. AND for the fact I didn't eat it all. So I need to work on WHY I keep giving in. I'm thinking it stems from 2 things. I'm ok w/the way I look and I got annoyed at watching what I was eating and not losing anymore weight. Self-sabotaging myself now I think. NOW I've got to figure out how to get PAST that feeling. Maybe I should go back to the original plan and just get through this wedding today, camping next week, then my birthday and be good in between. I know, last night should have been a good-as-gold day. I'm still a piece of work in the making Still learning this stuff.
Hope you all have a great weekend.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 11:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Have done really good this week. I have been OP since Monday? I am not sure- but I am fully into Ketosis so re-induction is working. I was 162 this past weekend and I have been as low as 157 this week (got to love fluid retention) I have been working extra hours- it is harder for me to be OP at work than at home because nurses just like to eat and usually have take out or have stuff laying around... candy, chips and such. I hope that I will be able to stay OP- we have a meeting tonight with lots of food, I am planning on making some Atkins food for me... and such... Well got to get the move on 6PM comes soon.
Amyjo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 04:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Brenda - I know exactly what you mean. I'm really happy with my weight and I keep sabatoging myself! Maybe we need to have a little mini challenge between you and me? See who can stay OP the longest. What would be our reward? DQ? just kidding?!?!?

Amy - Congrats on staying OP this week. I know what you mean about work being the toughest! My dept always has cookies, or pretzels or dessert laying around!!

Karen - Great to see you back!! And congratulations on seeing the 150s again. It's so great to see a lower 10! I am so glad I'm not the only one about the kids thing. I just have to get in a better habit of explaining to them the why and they nutritional aspects of why they need to eat differently than candy and soda all the time! I'm so bad about just saying NO!

Well, I've not done too bad at staying OP. I did munch a couple of m&ms last night, but stopped myself from going too far!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 04:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Karen - I love your picture on coolrunning! How is the running going? I've been a slacker for the past few weeks,but not done too bad at getting back into it this week!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 08:05 PM   #5  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Hi All!

Brenda.. I know your frustration. I am sitting at my body's set poing.. (160 or so) I havent really seen a major loss since January. I know I have to push harder. Monday I am back in the gym.. I could say that I am happy where I am at, but I know that For my health I need to go lower. Dont give up.. Hold strong!

Amy - Great job this week! Way to go!

Lori - It is hard to have to keep explaining to my kids why they cannot have all the sweets and such that their friends have. But My kids are healthier than most too so that part they understand. Oh they get a cold now and then, but it lasts no longer than a couple of days... one little boy last year was out 2 weeks! I honestly think it is the good food and vitamins they eat!

As for my running.. well I brought all my closthes with me to NH but I didnt get out once! The humidity was too much for me so I couldnt go out and the gym didnt open until 7 am and I needed to be ready to teach my first class at 8 am... But Monday I am back on the TM.. probably back to week 5-6 on the C25K... I am still planning on running a 5K in december. That is the goal!

Thanks for the kind words everyone about my picture... I honestly was so shocked to see how much thiner I look even from February.. the running is definately helping!

I better run.. Need to get laundry going again.. I goofed off for quite a while today!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 11:21 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girls,

Just a quickie and then to bed. Nothing going on SOSDD. Did good today, still have my cold, I think its getting worse. Sheeesh louise.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Hugs.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 10:15 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

ARGH....I'm so tired. We went to the wedding. DH was a fuddy-duddy and asked how long we had to stay. To make him happy I said just until after the cake (oldest DD helped serve it). How long did we end up staying? 12:20AM!!! Then of course there was the drive home. And then of course we had to have a snack (I had pistachios). Did I manage to stay OP? Yah right. Am I going to be able to stay OP today? Nope. Why not? Cuz I'm too tired and headachy (not from alcohol but from the sinus/ear infection thing I'm fighting with yet) to try and figure out what good to eat is in the house. Just easier grabbing burgers and fries. I feel like I've been on an all night drunk! Jeez. Was it fun? You bet!!! So decided not to beat myself up over it. Going to be good this week (starting tomorrow of course) until camping. Then good until my birthday.
Oh....also gave my SIL my resume for the hospital. I guess they're looking at them tomorrow (mine and all the others they have). She said I'd have a better shot than people with schooling or training because they probably have bad habits. We'll see how it goes.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:16 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

Oh.....hope you feel better soon Leenie. You taking anything for the cold?
Old 08-01-2004, 11:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 598/270/240

Height: 6'3

Leenie I hope feel well soon those summer colds are tough.
herb1985 is offline   Reply With Quote