3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Wednesday Chat - July 14th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/43489-wednesday-chat-july-14th.html)

Leenie 07-14-2004 08:12 AM

Wednesday Chat - July 14th

Good Morning !!!

Happy Birthday Lekker, enjoy your day. "On the day that you were born, the angels got together And decided to create a dream come true, So they sprinkled moondust in your hair, With golden starlight in your eyes of blue........" (bring back memories....can anyone finish? )

Nothing much going on today, busy at work, the usual. Did okay eating yesterday but ate to much as usual.

Whats happenin in your neck of the woods?

Leenie 07-14-2004 08:16 AM

:s: hubby came running to me yesterday with FEAR in his eyes...he said OMG where are those Pnut Chews ????? I said baby doll, there outta here !! Boy talk about hitting some one where they live. He said now what do I do ROFL :rofl: Suck wind is the only thing I could tell him :D :D

lady_adnerb 07-14-2004 08:23 AM

lol. "Paper roses.....paper roses" I know it's not right, but that's all that comes to my mind :lol: Sad eh?

Your 'poor' DH!!! How COULD you do that to him?? rofl.

Ok. Maybe I'm unrealistic here. But shouldn't the scale (I know, I'm going to QUIT stepping on it) be at least staying the same?? Instead of going UP (again). Dang it all, it says I've gained THREE pounds. HOW???? Please tell me the mixture of stress and hauling water and now dirt!!!!

Mrs H 07-14-2004 08:37 AM

Good Morning everyone :wave:

Leenie: Good job of staying on plan yesterday! That's funny about your DH. My DH would have done the same thing had he not started this WOL shortly after I did. He saw my results and was like "WOW" So far he has lost almost 80 lbs.

Brenda: BACK AWAY FROM THE SCALE!!!! I am sure that the upward move has a lot to do with the stress that you are experiencing now! Wait a few days and step on it again! I know you can do it!

Well, just another day of work for me! At least I am off tomorrow. Only thing is I have a Dr's appt tomorrow (YUCK) Maybe it won't be too bad though. I scheduled for first thing in morning, so maybe it won't ruin my whole day off! Hope everyone has a great day, and I'll check in later!

Lisa

lady_adnerb 07-14-2004 08:40 AM

Lisa: You and your DH are doing great!! Hope your doc appt goes well.

Forgot to mention....family visitation for Grandpa is tonight. Funeral is tomorrow. I was really hoping they'd both be on the same day!!!

Mrs H 07-14-2004 08:46 AM

Brenda: I will be thinking of you tonight and tomorrow. I know that is a very hard time for you and your family. I have never heard of them being on the same day. Do they really do that? Would be good to get it over with all in one day. Here it's always visitation one night, and funeral the next day! But we live way back in the sticks and may just be the way we do things :lol:

jane8760 07-14-2004 09:22 AM

"That is why, all the girls in town.....follow you....all around....just like me they long to be close to you"

how's that Leenie?

Brenda: Sorry about your DH grandfather. My thoughts are with you. Don't worry about the weight. It will come back down.

Lisa: What are you going to the docs for? Is it just to check?

Happy Birthday Lekker! :balloons:

Well I made it back to work today....a little black and blue and my neck hurts....must have jolted it when I hit the desk. Everyone said that the stitches don't look too bad. That's good anyway. Oh well....could have been worse. They all want to know what I am doing back in......I am not the type to milk it :dunno:

So I will have to play catch up today. So far doesn't seem like it will be too bad.

Catch up later.

StarPrincess 07-14-2004 09:59 AM

IT'S MY FRIDAY!!!! Wa-hoooooooo! :cb:

Leenie - That's too funny about your DH! Poor little guy! :lol:

Brenda - You know darn well that our weight can range around 5 pounds in a day, so stop freaking yourself out. Hide the damn scale!!!

Mrs H - Happy dr.'s appointment! Let us know how that little one is doing!

Jane - Glad you're recovered enough to go back to work! I have a bad habit of sparring with the boys so I've always got a lovely assortment of bruises in various stages of healing. ;)

Well, tomorrow I'm off to Wyoming! I'm really looking forward to the trip and seeing MIL. She's a great lady!

Other than that, no much new here. I've even been behaving relatively well so no wild stories. When did I get boring? :shrug:

StarPrincess 07-14-2004 10:00 AM

I'm a dorkwad.

Happy Birthday, Lekker!!!! :dancer:

jdoggmartin 07-14-2004 11:28 AM

Hey, ladies! I am finally moved, and my dad has left from his long visit, so I hope to start checking in again regularly. I've missed you all bunches! Hope you are all doing fabulously! Happy Birthday, Lekker!!

Take care,
Jina

jane8760 07-14-2004 12:28 PM

Star: Have fun on your trip. How long are you staying? And good for you for being a good girl for a change :angel:

Jina: Welcome back and congrats on the move going well. We missed you too.

lady_adnerb 07-14-2004 02:00 PM

Jina: Glad you're finally settling down. Bet that's a great feeling eh?

Star: have fun on your vacation....and I'll try and stay away from the scale. I should for the amount I seem to rely on it :( Was feeling "thin" until I stepped on it :lol:

Jane: glad you're feeling better. I would never have thought to have a plastic surgeon put stitches in. I'd have gone to the ER and let them do it. Guess when DD hit her chin on a turkey (lol. a frozen one) and split it open I should have had one for that. Never would have thunk it

Lisa: there are people around here who've had the visitation and funeral the same time/day. When I die I don't want a visitation--I want them to throw a party. Don't want nobody to morn me :lol:

OH!! Forgot to mention. Where I work...there's a cat that had kittens under the front porch. I brought it food today and it let me pick her up today. But still won't let me near the babies. Trying to talk DH into letting me keep one of those. They're SOOO cute!!!! (should I mention I'm thinking of keeping TWO of them? :lol: ).
And decided not to stress over the scale. I'm not feeling (too) fat, so it can go shove itself into a closet :lol: I'm eating like I should and drinking the water like I should, so it's either muscle or water weight gain.

Lekker 07-14-2004 02:20 PM

Quote:

"On the day that you were born, the angels got together And decided to create a dream come true, So they sprinkled moondust in your hair, With golden starlight in your eyes of blue........"
Naturally ;). I do have blue eyes, though. :D (Thanks, Leenie :))

Thanks again for the birthday greetings! It's been a great day that way. My parents also surprised me with a sizeable travel voucher for our local travel agent - they are so sweet - I've been talking to them for *at least* the past 8 months about going overseas to work, and I love that they are so supportive!

Brenda: Like Lisa said: Back away from the scale!! oh - I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa, I must've missed that.

Lisa: have fun at the Dr's. (is that even possible??!)

Jane: stitches?! Oh dear, I have been out of the loop! What happened? In any case, I hope that your recovery is speedy. Thanks for the b-day greeting. :)

Star: You're so boring, I almost couldn't read your whole post. Hee! Just kidding, of course. ;) Have a great Wyoming weekend. I think it's great that you get along with your MIL - you always hear the bad MIL stories, eh? (And thanks for the bday greeting)

Jina's back!! Thanks for the bday wishes. How's your new apartment?

I'm still thesis writing, it's going okay, but lots slower than I had hoped. My parents sold their house for sure and are starting to build the new one by the golf course (ooh...we're moving to the 'ritzy' part of our small town). I had almost decided to stay in Montreal for September for sure, due to some extra work and the fact that a good friend is moving here in September and I had hoped to spend some time with her ... but my parents have hinted that they might like me around for soybean harvest (early September) and to help with housebuilding (we're going to do cupboards and some bathroom fixtures and stuff ourselves) ... so now I'm split! Both ideas are appealing. I mean, I'd love to help out with housebuilding work. But I also have tentative plans for a couple long weekend road trips in early September (to NYC, a rodeo etc.) ... I have no idea what I'll do now. I want to have my cake and eat it, too. ;)

I'll probably end up splitting September between Montreal and home, is what I suspect.

Please let it be a little cooler and less humid later this week! Darn you, fickle Canadian weather. And darn you, broken A/C's. Sometimes I'm not sure whether I live in a frozen Arctic country or a tropical steam bath of a country.

Talk to you later, Julie. :)