3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Tuesday July 6th - Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/43062-tuesday-july-6th-chat.html)

Leenie 07-06-2004 07:50 AM

Tuesday July 6th - Chat

Good Morning :D

Well I got rid of all the crap in my house last night, so today's eats should be salad and fruit. Tomorow just veggies and protein then Thursday BAM I'll be starting induction again. Its funny b/c last year I started on July 7th....this year July 8th. I gotta do it this time, I'm just tired of wasting precious time and having an excuse for every time I mess up.

Whats everyone doing today? How's your eating ?

Leenie :coffee:

Mrs H 07-06-2004 08:20 AM

Good Morning Everyone :wave:

Leenie: Good luck on your re-start tomorrow. I am sure that you will do great! Hope you have a great day today!

Well, not much happening here! Just another day of work for me! Had fun at the beach this week-end, but boy was it crowded! The DH started back on the graveyard shift yesterday! He will be working 3pm-3am for a while. He did this shift for a few years when we first got married. Still it's going to take some getting used to again. I've got to get used to sleeping alone again! Well, hope everyone has a great day, and I'll check back in later!

Lisa

lady_adnerb 07-06-2004 08:30 AM

Leenie: I KNOW you can do this!!! It's a good thing that you re-start. Could be worse--you could stay on carbs for life! :)

Lisa: The beach sounds like fun. Glad you enjoyed it. Sorry to hear about DH working that shift. It's nasty!! Any idea how long he'll have to work it?

Well, I'm on day 2 of induction. WOOHOO!! After stepping on the scale (again) and readjusting my weight (again) I've decided I've GOT to get serious (again) about losing weight. I'm sick of being in this weight bracket so I want to see what it's like to be in the low to mid 130's. Hopefully I can make my Labor Day challenge.

Oh, remember the swimsuit I had my eye on? Got the guts to buy it. It looks real nice on my 11 year old :lol:

StarPrincess 07-06-2004 09:50 AM

:coffee: Oh god. Is it Tuesday???

Leenie - Glad you're getting back on track!

Mrs H - Blech! I hate it when DH works graveyard. Sleeping alone sucks. Sorry hon!

Brenda - Glad you're back on track, too!

I had a fabulous 3-day weekend...........I think. :dizzy: There were some parties and a whole lot of alcohol. I'm terrible! I had karaoke night at the bar Friday. Saturday was the zoo during the day and then girl's night out which ended up involving a swimming pool. Sunday was a party at a friend's house, then a trip to the bar, followed up by drinking games at my house. Yesterday was hangover-recovery day and a bbq at my parents. OMG, I need to dry out!

So I have 3 days of work this week and then it's off camping for the weekend. I'm so excited! DH has never been camping so it should be fun. Of course, the crew we're going with are bringing an entire liquor store with them, so it should be interesting for all of us. Brace yourselves for more bad-girl stories! :s:

Amyjo01 07-06-2004 10:00 AM

Brenda-Leenie ~ I am all over the got to get it in gear thing.... I have had a hard time the past few weeks and it is necessary to quit making excuses and get my rear in gear. I did all right the first couple of months on Atkins and just got burnt out or just talked out of it... I was doing good then the suggestions of everyone around me started sound too good.

Got to get the kids to the Doctor.

KarenW 07-06-2004 10:54 AM

Good Morning!!!

:coffee: Hi Everyone!

Well, I finally made it to the gym this morning after 5 weeks of having to work out at home! Man did it feel great! Even if it was 5:00 am! :yikes: My weight routine went into the toilet over the last few weeks so I will be one sore momma tmo! But I got 35 on the eliptical and 45 of weights in today! :workout:

I decided over the weekend that it is time to start OWL. I need to start eating a more normal diet. So this week I am going to try to add 5 carbs and nuts to my diet.

Leenie - YOU CAN DO IT! I know you can! If I can lose 40 pounds I know you can too! And we are here to help you! Just dont give in! '

Brenda - YOU CAN DO IT! Good for you getting back on the wagon! Keep up the good work. We are here for you .. Just dont give in!! :):)

Lisa - I wanna go to the beach! How are you feeling with the Pregnancy? You havent said much about it? I cant imagine DH working Graveyard. It is bad enough he travels now...

Star - You bad girl you? ;) Dry out? You are just going to need to do it again next week... :rofl: Hows the cabinet going?

Amy - WB! YOU CAN DO IT TOO!!! The hardest part is to learn not to give in. I think I have it a little easier that some of you because I HAVE to eat this way for the rest of my life. Being Insulin resistant and having watched diabetes do it's thing to other members of my family make me a little stronger in that area.. but still, I know it is hard. You just gotta remember, you are doing it for you and to make yourself fell better and look better, not for anyone else! :)

OK.. gotta go do some work.. but I will check in later!

Hugs to all of you!

lady_adnerb 07-06-2004 11:03 AM

Star: Looking forward to hearing more bad-girl stories. Did any involve that pool? :lol:

Amy: Why is it suggestions are the worst thing? I totally understand the reasoning you're going through. I think that's part of my problem also. But due to the listening to them I'm watching the scale fly UP again instead of the lovely downward slide. So looks like we're both going to need help :)

Karen: How the heck can you stand working out at 5:00 AM??? I'm not even awake at that hour! And I'm not a morning person so exercising then is out for me. Good for you on the workout!!

I'm at work. The wicked witch is gone (for the whole week. WAHOO!!) and the other boss is surfing the net also. So looks like not much work will be done :lol:

LOVE2C135 07-06-2004 11:33 AM

OMG! Alcohol is NOT my friend! I've had a drink, or two, or three every night since Friday night. And, even though I stayed on program, until the real chocolate bar last night, I'm up 6lbs this morning. NO MORE ALCOHOL! (This week at least.) Oh, goodness, please tell me it's water retention. I'm off to fill my big gulp cup w/water...

KarenW 07-06-2004 11:53 AM

Brenda - I have to get up at 4:30 to work out if I am going to get it in with my schedule. I never used to be a morning person, but now I have found that I cannot exercise at all if I eat first. Getting out of bed is the hardest part.

Kerri - It has to be water! A six pound gain wont be that fast any other way!! Drink lots of water! :)

lady_adnerb 07-06-2004 12:07 PM

Kerri: I would think it'd just be water. I was told you can't really gain weight overnight. So just drink the water and....ya know, that never sounds right either :lol:

Karen: I'm not that dedicated to exercising then. I've a fondness for lazing in bed. It's a wonder I've exercised as much as I have. I think that's because of DH though and the fact that he's exercising with me. Otherwise I probably wouldn't as much.

My ankle started aching again. Dang it!!! I only got one day of exercise in. There's NO way I can go the whole summer w/out exercising! I'll not drop ANY weight if that happens :(

StarPrincess 07-06-2004 12:12 PM

AmyJo - Welcome back!

Karen - The cabinet is going slowly. I still have to strip all the drawers! Ugh!

Brenda - Oh yes, the pool was involved! After girl's night out, we went to meet up with the boys. By the time we got to the house, the 3 of us had decided that it would be a fantastic idea to strip down to our thongs as soon as we got there and jump in the pool. :lol:

Kerri - Just water retention from dehydration. No stress ;)

lady_adnerb 07-06-2004 12:13 PM

:lol: Now how did I know something had happened when you mentioned alcohol and the pool??

StarPrincess 07-06-2004 12:24 PM

I'm just so amused at myself. Lose some weight, all of a sudden, I'm stripping down! I never knew I was a bit of an exhibitionist. :lol:

lady_adnerb 07-06-2004 12:35 PM

At least your DH is ok with it. My DH would throw a fit if I started stripping in public.

Wow. 25 more minutes and I can go home. Is the reason I feel wiped out because of all the carbs I gobbled this weekend? If I remember correctly I was tired when I first started Atkins also. Just hopefully I see the scale start to slide down again. This upward spiral is depressing. Did I mention I have my DD's birthday this month, DH's next month, mine the month after? Jeez. Where's the low carb cake?? :lol:

StarPrincess 07-06-2004 01:03 PM

I called DH on the way over and asked him about it. He's fine as long as he's there and we're among friends.