3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Tuesday, June 29th - Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/42729-tuesday-june-29th-chat.html)

Leenie 06-29-2004 08:12 AM

Tuesday, June 29th - Chat

Good Morning :D

Gotta run, but will be back in a few.

Whats shakin today?

lady_adnerb 06-29-2004 08:27 AM

Hi Leenie: Have a great day!!

Well, it's back to work for me today. We'll see how the ankle likes it. Good thing it's only 4 hours/4 days :lol: How hard could that be? :lol: I can't believe I let DH get MORE ice cream. But told him last night I can NOT eat anymore. Told him if I even TRY to get ice cream he's to tell me to go get pistacchios. So we'll see how that goes. A treat once in a while would be ok, but I was eating it EVERY night. YIKES!!! No wonder I was never seeing the scale go down. I'm such an idiot. Well, lost track of what I wanted I guess. So now I'm waiting for TOM to go away, this weekend to be done and then I'm starting over (again). I hate having to add "again" every time :( I need to get my act in gear!!!!

Mrs H 06-29-2004 08:36 AM

Lennie: :wave: Good Morning! Hope you have a great day!

Brenda: Good Morning! Hope your ankle does ok at work! Good Luck staying away from the Ice Cream! Hope you have a great day!

Well, nothing much happening here today! Yesterday was a rough day, but it seems it always is the first day back to work after vacation! Thought the day would never end. Hope today will go by faster! Well, it's off to work...hope everyone has a great day and I will check in later!

Lisa

jane8760 06-29-2004 08:54 AM

Good morning

Leenie: :wave:

Brenda: pistacchios are high too....watch out for them. Keep off your ankle as much as you can.

Lisa: The first day back is the worst....hang in there.

I was running so late this morning and I don't know why :dunno: just couldn't move quick enough I guess. I have to leave work early today for an appt with an orthopedic surgeon. I can't stand the shoulder pain any more. It is like a bad tooth! So last night I went and had xrays done and will bring them to the appt with me. Hopefully he can give me a cortizone shot or something to get rid of the pain. Not that I want that big :censored: needle!

Not very busy at work this week.....it will drag....except I have tomorrow off. Finally having a burial service for my MIL who passed away around Christmas. The cemetary won't let you open the ground in the winter. A bunch of us are just going to go and have a small service then go out for lunch together. DH is going back to work but I took the whole day off....what to do :lol:

Theo'sgirl 06-29-2004 09:04 AM

Hellllooooo chickies.

B- hope the foot holds out and does good at work today. AHHHHHHH evil temptress ice cream!!! ahahahahaha

LIsa hope today is better for you and CONGRATS on just 1 baby and a healthy one too. Awh man I was always first in line at 20 weeks to find out the sex and my babies were both named right after, I can never wait, but also at work I look at xrays all day (at the vet) and you can't miss the 3rd leg in the ultrasound is it is a boy!!! ahahahaha So I knew anyway.

Jane I have those days where I am just never on time! I hate that. Hope they help out your arm, that is the worst.

HI LEENIE GIRL!!!!:)

Well I was OP yesterday but I ate alot of smoked almonds and the salt got to me, I am so puffy today! Lotsa water for me today. I hope this week and the next go by quick so I can get to my vacation. Did 10 miles on the bike uphill yesterday at the gym and my legs and booty are sore! But the good kinda sore like you got the muscles that haven't had attention in awhile. NOt much going on here just going to work :( I just found out we get double time and 1/2 for JUly 5th though so that will be nice to make 28.00 bucks and hour it will actually make me feel like I wanna be there! hahahaha

Happy Tuesday!!!

rachelearth 06-29-2004 09:34 AM

Good Morning All:

Brenda: I just started eating LC ice-cream. I got the individual wrapped one; I had one on Sunday and was satisfied. I used to got the 2 cups one but I always eat more than half a cup, sometimes I eat the whole thing in one setting, but I do much better with the individually wrapped ones, somehow it signals my brain that you had your share, you eat it, and you are done, LOL.

Lisa: I hope that you have a more enjoyable working day today.

Jane: I hope that your appointment goes real well today. Have good day tomorrow.

TG: Way to go on 10 mile biking. You are tempting me to get a bike. I have an old one that I haven’t used in ages. I think I should get a new one, it probably be more trouble to have it tuned than to go get another one. Actually I might do it this weekend, I might go buy one. It is a good weekend for it.

Have you guys checked out the new issue of First magazine? In another forum, someone posted that there was an article on low carbing and so I checked it out. There is a recipe for a fudge that I made last night with a little modification (reduce the splenda, the recipe called for one cup I used half a cup). Very easy and came out great. I brought it in today to work and everyone liked it. Here is the recipie: 12 oz cream cheese (I got the whipped one), ½ cup splenda, ½ crushed walnuts, 4 tablespoon melted butter, 4 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa. Mix everything together (I just used spatula), then put in the fridge over night. This morning I cut it to 16 pieces. They are really good.

jane8760 06-29-2004 10:21 AM

Sounds yummy Rachel. I just ran it though FitDay and it has 2 grams per piece. Some day I may have to try that. Thanks

TG: It stinks that you will have to work on Monday but GREAT that you will get double time and 1/2! That WILL help make it worth it.

morti 06-29-2004 10:45 AM

Good Morning!

Leenie - :wave:

Brenda - Ice Cream :nono:

Jane - I gotta ask out of curiosity, so, where do they keep the deceased until they inter. I mean, I know undre refridgeration, but the must have huge morgues in the funeral homes! Mine only has holds about 10. Had a hard time getting up myself this morning.

TG - Lucky girl! I'd work for that kind of money, I'm salary so I doesn't matter for me.

Rachel - God love you! Fudge!

Lisa - I hate the first day back after vacation. Takes a few days to get back on track and always so much to do since no one does alot of what I do.

Tired today, did not sleep very well again. Have to do inventory at both branches today for fiscal year end and schedules. The son-in-law of the owner is buying the 2 branches I manage so there will be lots of changes around here, but that just means learning new bookkeeping system. Just found out they are sending me one of the problem employees since they don't have the guts to do sonething about her! Makes me angry. They either take my employees once they are trained or send me the problem ones to straighten out or get rid of. What are you gonna do though.

Trying to go back into induction, gotta do something about the stall. Have a good day!

jane8760 06-29-2004 10:48 AM

Hi Morti: :lol: She was cremated after she passed away so she has been spending all this time in a jar in the basement of the funeral home :lol:

LOVE2C135 06-29-2004 11:07 AM

Good morning chickies!

I made it through yesterday OP ALL DAY!

I didn't get my rear out of bed this a.m. for the run I had planned, but there's always tomorrow.

I hope today goes as well w/the eating. I was at my DS's baseball game last night in snug shorts that fit perfectly before vacation, so that helped with the motivation.

Hope everyone has a great day!

StarPrincess 06-29-2004 11:40 AM

Hey everyone! Just zooming through in between meetings. Real fast - you'll probably think I'm insane, but that's nothing new ;) I saw something about funerals and cremation. Here's what I want done when I die (already made DH swear it to me). I think it's a fitting end for a Princess ;) www.lifegem.com

jane8760 06-29-2004 11:49 AM

Forgive me Star :lol3: I have so many visuals going through my head now! And a lot of jokes too!

lady_adnerb 06-29-2004 12:02 PM

Lisa: Hope today is going faster and better for yoU!!

Jane: I'm sorry, what's wrong w/your shoulder? Hope it gets better soon. You couldn't pay me enough money to have another cortisone shot. Had 3 of them, didn't do any good. So won't go through it again. Hope they help you better than they did me!!

TG: WOW!! Congrats on all the mileage you put in. THat's GREAT!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Rachel: Oh sure!! Tempt me when I'm trying to be good! :lol: I'll have to check out that recipe before 7/6! :lol:

Laura: Sorry to hear you're getting a problem employee. I'm trying to BE one :lol: J/K (kind of). Hope your day goes well!!

Kerri: Congrats on staying OP!!!! Woohoo!! Keep up the good work!!

Star: Hope your day slows down soon!!

I'm at work and the wicked witch and the nice boss are out of the office. So guess where I'm at?? Of course--here posting!!! Where else would I be when I don't want to do the work I'm supposed to be? I've got 1 more hour to do and then I'm outta here like a heard of turtles :lol: The ankles giving me twinges but nothing major (yet). Unfortunately I'm thinking it's too soon to go back to the WATP tapes. SO it's going to be pilates (try) again tonight. I'm going to work on getting it to work right (my muscles that is).

jane8760 06-29-2004 02:46 PM

Brenda: It's nothing major...just has been bugging me for some time now and I just can't stand it anymore. It hurts to sleep on it....aches in the morning...hurts when I move it a certain way. Just getting old I guess :D

I am having a hard time being good today! I want to cheat so bad. :dunno: Well actually I do know....I was not good yesterday and whenever I have carb loaded junk, the next day I have a hard time :mad: I can get through this I know I can.

lady_adnerb 06-29-2004 07:57 PM

Jane: My shoulder was what they called "frozen" . Forgot their technical term. Basically it hurt like :censored: all the time. I couldn't raise my arm (made for shaving arm pits a living nightmare) or lift anything. Sleep? Shoot, roll over and sit up swearing from the pain. Yup, been there. Hope you get the help you need. Oh, what finally cured me? Physical therapy. Yup, refused the shots so they sent me to PT. I think it was 2 months later I was rowing a kayak!! Ask them about PT, maybe that'd help you.