3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Weekend Chat - June 5th and 6th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/41618-weekend-chat-june-5th-6th.html)

Leenie 06-05-2004 07:19 AM

Weekend Chat - June 5th and 6th

Good Morning

:coffee:

BBL

lady_adnerb 06-05-2004 08:38 AM

Ugh. Is it morning already?? I need to get re-motivated. But it's hard knowing that chicken bbq is coming up. AND seeing cinnaman rolls sitting on the counter. They're not homemade but bet they're still good. I'm making bacon and eggs for breakfast. As long as that container of rolls stays shut I'm hoping to be ok. I'm also hoping to get some exercise in after I eat. I should do it BEFORE but the daughters have the tv and are in the middle of a show. It looks like a GORGEOUS day outside. And of course I've got a graduation party to go to. Blah.

Theo'sgirl 06-05-2004 10:56 AM

Good morning chickies!!!

I am off to the VW show, sale, drag races!! Check back in with you later!

Have a great Saturday!!

Love TG

Bunnababy 06-05-2004 12:30 PM

Morning all :coffee:

Theo, I am green with envy. We wanted to go to the VW show this year but had stuff going on so have to work. We are currently working on a '69 fastback, from the floorboards up. Love the drags too! Hope you have a great time.

Stay away from those cinnamon rolls. :nono: :nono: :nono:

I will be back at Induction today, went out for lunch yesterday and blew it, then went out with a friend for drinks and dinner, blew it again. :dizzy: So back at it.

Everyone have a great day. :dance:

lady_adnerb 06-05-2004 01:03 PM

So far so good. Stayed away from the cinnamon rolls. I don't know why but I feel depressed and down today. So staying OP is a major struggle. Too much to do and not enough time (or hands) to do it with. *sigh* A woman's work is never done. I swear I'm going to take everything in this house and throw it out. And just start over. Where the HECK did all this STUFF come from? And why am I keeping it? What happened to my un-cluttered life?? oh he**. I should just go and get back to work cleaning this pigstye. :(

Lekker 06-05-2004 01:36 PM

Good day!

Beautiful day - I've been out shopping and wandering around for a bit. Now I'm trying to do a little writing before this evening. I still have seen Harry Potter yet - I intended to go today, but I can't believe that I almost forgot that there's a hockey game tonight, which I can't miss! So, Harry Potter will have to wait for tomorrow night (I won't go to the day-time shows because I don't want to have little tykes running around going to the bathroom all the time!) :)

Have a great weekend!

Julie

KarenW 06-05-2004 02:56 PM

Good Morning!

Karen Checking in! :coffee:

I am feeling better this morning after my Induction Failure yesterday! I am back on induction today and I did step on he scale this morning and found I am actually down a pound this week.. so I am happy! Although Monday is the official WI.

Ive decided that I will stick with induction one more week, then officially move on to OWL on Monday the 14th. I think part of my problem is boredom!

Lekker - have fun today and tomorrow! I am taking the kids to see Home on the Range TMO! I have no choice but to go to a matinee and deal with potty issues! :)

Brenda - Why on earth were cinnimon rolls evven on your counter? You know, have you at all thought about sitting down with your family and asking for 2 weeks of solid support. I know they support you now, but what I mean is no "Non-Atkins induction " friendly items in the house for 2 solid weeks? I know that if you could have 2 weeks of a perfect induction with the family helping.. you might get back on track easily. That is what I did.. and dh and the kids helped greatly! And that is why Yesterday was such a transgression for me. tossing the cake was the most empowering feeling though!

TG - Have a fun day!

Morning BunnaBaby !! :)

Brenda - BTW - Have you checkmed out Fly Lady! I LOVE her!! :) http://www.flylady.net

Ok.. I am off to do laundry and Bless my house! (That is a flylady-ism!)

Cinnymamma 06-05-2004 04:25 PM

:wave: Morning everyone! I know I never get in the daily chats because you all are done talking by the time I get off work, :lol: but the weekends shouldn't be a problem. :)

- Morning Leenie!

- Brenda, I agree with Karen. It is sooo hard to make it through those cravings when you KNOW what you want is right there in front of you! What about trying to get your family to start eating the Atkins way? Its healthy for a lot of reasons other than weightloss. While they don't have to go to induction or OWL, there is no reason they couldn't eat a maintence type low carb way. It IS all about health right? My Dh just started doing it with me and of course I can't put my 2 year old on it, but you know what, he sure does eat A LOT less junk food now! He gets more fruits and veggies for snacks and I only buy "snack foods" that are healthier like cereal bars or raisins, ritz cheese crackers and cereal I know he likes to eat dry. He still gets the occasional fruit chew snack or un-iced pop tart but its a helluva lot better than he was eating!

-TG, HAVE FUUUUUUUNNNNNNN!!!! Wish I was going with ya! :lol:

-Morning Bunna! :wave: Good for you for getting right back on track!

- Julie, did you do outdoor shopping or indoor? I love wandering around outdoor markets early in the morning!

-Karen, WTG on the 1lb! I know what you mean about induction. I can't even stay on it 2 weeks. I actually get to where I want to just get sick thinking about eating again. So I just keep it around 30 carbs a day all the time. I know its way better than the 700 or so I was eating before so the weight WILL come off! :lol: Tell us how Home On The Range is, I want to see it with my little one but he is only 2. I will either buy it or rent it, depending on the reviews I hear. :lol:

As for me, nothing special. I didn't start OP again until thursday so that is my weigh in day. I did get DH to start it with me this time. He is a type ll diabetic and just wouldn't eat right. The pills aren't working any more and the next step is insulin. Not to mention he had surgery for an umbilical hernia 3 years ago and you can see that he is destroying all the work. His hernia looks like its starting to push out from the weight gain around the screen. He has done soo awesome. I know it has been really hard for him, he is TOTALLY the biggest soda addict I have ever met, but he has been OP perfectly. We are supposed to go to his parents house today and I am really hoping he doesn't cheat over there. He says he knows he's come far and is doing well and won't so I hope he sticks to it. Their house screams temptation for the both of us! :lol: It is soo much nicer having him do it with me. Easier to cook, shop and it also helps my 2 year old eat better! Plus the support is great!

Nothing else going on here, hope everyone has a great weekend!

lady_adnerb 06-06-2004 12:55 AM

I guess when I first started this WOE staying away from that stuff was easier. And most of the time I don't have a problem not eating non-atkins friendly stuff. It's just the stuff going on around here and in my head that's messing me up. I need to get my head on straight before I can get my body to follow.

KarenW 06-06-2004 11:54 AM

Good Morning!

Brenda - could you be getting board with it too? Do you like to cook? there are tons of good recipies on this site and many others that can help you stave off boredom too. Im sure you can find a rhubarb Pie recipe somewhere that Is low Carb. In fact I just searched and here is one that sounds really good!

http://www.low-carb-recipes.ws/Pear_Rhubarb_Pie.html

Randi - Induction at 20 carbs isn't a problem for me at all, in fact I usually eat around 10 carbs a day total, but I am starting to realize that My body wants some other foods too, like nuts and berries. So I really want to move on. I think I will stick with the 20 carbs until my running causes me to require more than 20. And I want to branch out in my cooking! I love to cook!

Well, yesterday I had a really crumby day. I IMed with my sister for 3 hours and we fought the whole time. I think I mentioned before that she is 2 years younger and 6 inches or so taller and has always been thin as a rail until she had her duaghter 4 years ago. Now I weigh less than she does, am more athletic than she is and she cannot handle it. I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had started running.. well, now she has decided that she is going to run a marathon in 13 weeks. (yeah right) She hasnt exercised at all with any intensity since she got pregnant. It is just a one-upsmanship thing with her. When I told her that, and that she needed to get her life together (She lives with my parents, is a single mom who never married her daughters father and has yet to find a job that pays more than $50 a day 3 days a week) so that she can support herslef instead of putting effort into running a marathon, I got told how her lifes problems are MY fault because I am the perfect daughter, and that I never listened to her, and that I am just her toxic relationship and how her therapist told her that I am the source of all her lifes problems, I finally told her that I love her, but I cannot have her as a part of my life. If she is going to dump all this on me, then there is absolutely NO WAY I can be a part of her life. I have enough going on in my life that I dont need to worry about watching what I say and thinking that this is going to be my fault in some way. She has always had issues from being suicidal in high school to being in some really bad relationships with men (Mental and physical abuse). The hardest part is my parents don't believe in tough love at all. They think that letting her live with them and wallowing in her misery while they raise her daughter is going to help her. I have always been stronger than her (that is true) but I had to do it all on my own. Never once did I have my family to cry to about being called "Rolly Poly" and such as a child...they were too worried about her killing herself. It is interesting that I got all the inner strength that I did.

Ok.. Sorry for venting.. but with DH at the airport right now (he is flying back to FL after being in CA for 2 days for his mom's retirement party) I have no one to vent to. God forbid I talk to my mother about this. And she and my dad are visiting me and the kids for a week starting tomorrow. It shall be interesting!

How is everyone elses weekend?

Cinnymamma 06-06-2004 03:06 PM

:grouphug: Sorry things are going so crappy with your sister. I understand a bit where you are coming from. My little sister is the same way and my mom is the same way with her. I don't even talk to her anymore because it is just not worth the negative energy. Oooh, gets me going just thinking about all the issues with her. :mad:

What's sad is that I look at other people's relationships with their siblings and wish that we could be that way. My mom and my aunt are super close and it is such a shame that my sister and I, or your sister and you don't have that. Unfortunatly you can only agree to disagree so much. Then if it's just not healthy you have to move on and hope that things might change in the future.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know I understand how you feel. :grouphug:

I don't really have a problem staying under 20 carbs, I just want more variety and don't mind being under 30 if that's where it goes some days. I definitly couldn't do 10 though so good for you. :lol: I have always included berries and nuts, LC yogurt and LC tortillas. Gives me more too choose from and makes it easier to stay on task. I don't have them all every day, but I enjoy them when I do. I have noticed this time around that I am not as hungry as I was the first time. I have to make sure I get some veggies in with each meal or I don't seem to get them in at all. I used to have big salads as snacks but I don't seem to need that this time around. Weird huh?

Lekker 06-06-2004 11:40 PM

Hi there!

Randi - wandering outdoors shopping! I agree, definitely the most fun. That's one of the things that I miss a lot about the Netherlands. The markets were so great, I'd go even when I didn't need anything, just to be part of the atmosphere.

Karen - I'm sorry that you have such a difficult relationship with your sister. I read your post and it reminds me of how lucky I am with my family and with my sister, in particular. I hope that things get better.

Today was an odd day, emotionally. I spent a lot of today watching some of the D-Day ceremonies, and watching an old VE-Day documentary. It's such a sad thing, but also happy in what was accomplished. One of the most interesting things I did in Europe was visit Ypres in Belgium where a lot of World War I fighting had taken place. We had a fabulous tour guide, and it was fantastic to see some of the actual conditions that were present. But, more importantly, it was incredibly sad and moving, but worthwhile to visit, to make me more appreciative of all the opportunities that I have. Another incredibly sad thing that I did in Europe was to visit Dachau, a concentration camp near Munich. At first, I remember being so excited to see a real concentration camp, but as soon as I walked in, I just realized how serious and how real and horrible it all was. I think I took one picture there, but no more, because it felt so inappropriate.

Anyway, enough world war II talk. I hope you all had good weather and fun weekends!