Old 06-04-2004, 07:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Default Friday Chat

Good Morning Girlies!!!!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 07:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Just finished reading yesterday's post! Wow, you girls were busy!!

Karen and TG - I hope you are feeling better!

I didn't know Quizno's had low carb. They just recently opened here (about a year ago) and we still only have the original menu in our office. I'll have to call them and get a new menu. It sounds yummy!! Also, I loooooove Starbucks. Fortunately for me, there isn't one close or I'd probably have it everyday. Also, when I was in Florida they gave me heavy cream! I specifically asked for heavy cream or no cream...do you think they gave me 1/2 and 1/2??

Onward.... I didn't manage to get to the gym last night. So, I've officially begun my triathlon training. Anyone live near Ohio and want to do it with me??? I'm pretty confident about the biking and running...the swimming is really starting to intimidate me though! I was all ready to get in the pool last night at the Y only to find out that it was closed!! So I ended up just biking and running for as long as I could handle!

Is anyone aware that biking for long distances really makes the tush sore!!! Especially when it's a bit bonier that it used to be! Oh, and get this.

Good morning again everyone. I'll try to keep up today!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 08:37 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Lori- Sorry, I don't live near you. And even the thought of a triathlon intimidates me. I haven't tried running. I want to get a dog leash so I can start walking w/the dog. She needs exercise as much as I do. lol

Well, it's FINALLY Friday. It's also a half day of school for the girls and THEIR last day of school. So the youngest DD is having a picnic so I get to make lunches. DH is trying to cut down on carbs, made toast and then said "well, toast doesn't have much carbs in it does it?" I should have read him from the ingredients list I TOLD him he wouldn't be able to stick w/it because he loves sandwiches too much. As for me? The cramps are back (like I knew they would). I didn't exercise yesterday and I probably won't get it in today either. I'm selling my MIL my treadmill. It's just taking up space and I can't motivate myself to use it. I'd rather do some type of other exercise. I'd LOVE to put a basketball hoop or even volleyball net up. THAT to me would be fun and oldest DD loves playing basketball.
I'm going to see Harry Potter tonight. YEAH!!! I'm trying to figure out how to stay away from the popcorn. This might just end up being another wasted weekend Sunday's the chicken bbq. argh!!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 08:48 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

HUGS

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and an OP one to boot.

Hiyah Lori !! good for you for going to the gym

Hey Brenda, get this sh*t, I actually exercised two days in a row, but don't tell anyone, I wouldn't wanna ruin my reputation

Well back to work for me.

Have a great one and SMOOCH!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 08:49 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Brenda bring some pork rinds to the movies or soy beans, but mostly ENJOY IT !!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 08:50 AM   #6  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning all you crazy lovely people!

Ok, I have no reason to be as chipper as I am... but I'm pretty freaking chipper. The mulching I did yesterday... yeah, I ended up only doing half of the yard (my friend seriously ticked me off when she just HAD to prove she could do it in half the time I was doing it.... except when SHE did it she apparently didn't listen to any of her rules about the thickness of the mulch... ok... end of rant) and was outside for about 2.5 hours. I am sooooo burnt. Seriously, I cannot move my arms without feeling it. Ugh. I sooo should have used sunscreen, I'm so fair skinned, but honestly I didn't think it would do that much damage. Also, I didn't know mulching was such a freaking workout. I'm sore like, alllllllllllllllllllllll over. So, my question is... for 2.5 hours of mulching... how many equator trek miles can I put down? I also did some walking yesterday and some Tae Bo, but I couldn't handle his chipper upbeat attitude and kept smarting off to the TV. Yeah, I'm like that.

Lori: I'm not realllly close to Ohio but I wouldn't be against doing a long bike ride with you sometime this summer. I've been contemplating snatching my bike from the evil friend who hates me now... long story there but apparently she was mad because I never called for a year... when I didn't call ANYONE for a year because all my energy was going into taking care of my grandma.... I haven't ridden in a while but I should be able to get myself up to a 75 mile trip or greater in no time. You know, I think I still have my training schedule. I never once got sore when I was training for my ride through Death Valley. Let me know if you want me to dig that out for you. l You start small, but you build quickly. also, how many bike miles do you hafta go?

Brenda: Sorry to hear about the cramps. But I hope the movie rocks!!!!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 08:52 AM   #7  

Good Morning Ladies

Lori: Good luck with the triathalon training. Just thinking of all that makes me really tired! Hope you have a great weekend!

Brenda: Sorry that those cramps are back. Walking the dog sounds like a good idea. I tried it ONE time with Rocky. He weighs almost 100lbs and hates other dogs, needless to say he walked me. Never again! Have a good weekend, and have fun at the movies!

Well, it's back to work for me today! Work 9 hours tonight, and gotta be back in at 6 tomorrow morning! Hope everyone has a great weekend. Nothing planned yet for tomorrow night or Sunday for me yet! Probably will just get some rest!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 08:55 AM   #8  

Lennie and Shimma: You both snuck in on me! Hope you both have a great weekend, and hope that sunburn feels better soon Shimma!
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 09:16 AM   #9  

busy already!

Well you can officially call me GRUMPY today I just feel like crap! I am still not sleeping well, very stressed too AND I HAVE TO GO TO A STINKIN WEDDING SHOWER ON SUNDAY! *sigh*

I also found out that my oldest neice is in trouble. She has been having some emotional problems for the last couple of years. She is 22 now. I check her IM profile each day to see how depressed she is.....today was not good. Then my mother called me to tell me she talked to my sil last night and they don't know what to do about her. I called my neice this morning and she said she couldn't talk about it or she would be a mess. Sounded like she was going to start crying. I am really worried. I ADORE THIS GIRL. Unfortunately she takes after me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is why I figure if she talks to someone that has been there it would help. I also want her to go to a psychiatrist so that she can get on some meds and talk to someone.

So now I am grumpy, tired, stressed and worried! Like I needed this today.

I think I see a "happy pill" in my future today

Lori: I can't even imagine doing a triathalon. What a challenge. You are amazing to take that on. My butt gets sore just riding my bike to the mailbox for cryin out loud!

Brenda: Backyard games would be such a great way to get in the exercise. I used to love crochet (sp), wiffle ball games, bocci (sp yet again) ball.

Leenie: My plan for the weekend would be to park my @$$ on the couch and not move.....not once....BUT I HAVE TO GO TO THIS STINKIN SHOWER THIS WEEKEND....oh there I go again.

Shimma: Go get your bike back! It is yours. Tell her to screw! Oh my....listen to me today!

Lisa: Walking a 100 lb. dog who hates other dogs? Good exercise I bet.

Well I am going to try and get some work done......was at the office till 6:15 last night!!!! That didn't help my mood I can tell you.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 09:18 AM   #10  

OH AND MY WEIGHT IS STILL UP!

There....I'm done.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:25 AM   #11  
The Princess O' Pets

Jane sorry about your niece, I was a very troubled teenager and young adult and very depressed most of the time, you are doing the right thing, just talk to her, let her cry it out and know someone is there for her. That is the best you can do and it will help immensly to know she can trust you and you are there. Try to stay away from meds if at all possible they just mask the real problem and it never gets fixed, then when you want to go off them it is hard and you have to deal with the emotions you put on hold while you were on meds and you are right back at the beginning again. But I think what you are doing to help her is great and I wish I had someone like you when I was her age.

Talk to eveyone else later and I hope you all have an excellent day!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 11:26 AM   #12  
Head Princess

It's Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday !

Lori - www.quiznos.com has the nutritional information so you can be all prepared by the time you get there. It really is to die for! And I'm very aware of the sore tush factor. That's why I got a gel seat

Brenda - Wooo hooo! Harry Potter! If you manage to avoid the popcorn, please let me know how you did it. I'm terrible about that. I'm going to just have to start plugging my nose and racing through the lobby to get away from it.

Leenie - Have a great weekend!

Shimma - Love the new avatar! As for the mulching, every 20 minutes of exercise counts as a mile, so 2.5 hours would be right around 7 miles.

Lisa - Working weekends must suck! How do you do it?

Jane - do you know that stress causes your body to hang on to fat? Chill, baby, chill!

TG - Hey, baby! Have a great weekend!

So I did barely a thing last night. I was sooooooooo tired and it was so nice and warm and I took a nap and never really woke up. So by 8:30, I decided that I might as well go to bed. The problem was that the neighbors were having a party and so between their intermittant noise, having to keep the windows closed in a hot room, and the dogs barking every 5 minutes, sleep wasn't working out real well for me. Then DH came home from work around 11 and wanted to talk about his day After that, it quieted down, though, and I actually slept really well.

Today, we're going to a bbq at a friend's house. It's supposed to be in the 80's again today and it's going to be soooooo nice! We're supposed to bring whatever we want to drink and I'm thinking that this is perfect weather for sitting on the porch drinking a glass of Shiraz.

Ok, to work with me! Have a great day and weekend!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 11:27 AM   #13  

Theo'sgirl: Thank you. I am a big believer in meds when necessary though. If it wasn't for drugs I would never have been able to get my @$$ out of bed when I was younger. And I don't think they really mask the problem they just give you breathing room to be able to better deal with them. You need to get out of your hole first before you can fill it in.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:29 AM   #14  

Star: I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT! I have been wicked stressed this week and maybe that explains why it is just not budging. Thanks
Old 06-04-2004, 11:34 AM   #15  
Movin' and Losin'

Lekker: Wait until your thesis is done, young lady!

TG: How are you feeling? Still fighting off that cold? I hope you start feeling better soon!

Karen: Thanks so much for the Starbucks tip! I didn't even feel like an idiot ordering. Oh, and the choice was tasty, too. Thanks for all your help. I'm not kidding when I say that place intimidates me!

Lori: I'm so impressed at your triatholon efforts! That is fabulous. I'm quite a ways from Ohio, but when you move to Florida, I'll start training with you!

Brenda: I hope you get to feeling better. Your TOM just sounds miserable (not that they all aren't, but yours seems particularly miserable).

Leenie: Exercising, huh? I'll keep quite... SHHH! Great job!

Shimma: Sunburns are terrible. I feel for you. By the way, nice new avatar photo!

MrsH: Don't work too much!

Jane: I'm so sorry to hear about everything, especially your niece. I hope things get worked out.

Well, I'm still managing to stay on induction. Well, I'm not sure if SF coffee syrups are necessarily on the induction list, but that would be my only goof so far, which really impresses me! I'm really going to try and stick induction out for two full weeks. Surely, that will help get me jumpstarted again.

I'm not sure what all the plans are for this weekend. On Sunday, a group of us are going to a festival in a park by the bay. Local restaurants have food booths set up, so you can sample their food, for anywhere from $1-4. That could be dangerous, but I'm really going to try and watch myself. They are also having concerts. I really didn't recognize anyone on Sunday. Apparently, people are excited about Eddie Money, though. I guess he's a singer from the '80s??? Oh, well. I guess I will be well educated about him come Monday.

Tonight, I am just itching to get out and do something fun. I really have the urge to drink, but being on induction, I guess that isn't a good idea. I'm terribly restless, though, and I just want to go out and party. We'll see what happens...

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote