Talking Friday Chat - May 21st

Good Morning,

Hope you all have great plans for the weekend and have a fantastic day

Love Yah !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 08:17 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie How's it going w/you?

Well, looks like my weekend is not going to be going too well. I came online so I could let you all know not to look for me. I've got (so far a mild case) whatever DD has/had. She's still not up to 100%, but her fever's gone and she's a lot better. She wanted to go to school until she found out I was staying home. Jeesh. I've flipped off an email to her teacher w/an apology.
It's off to bed I go I guess.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 08:27 AM   #3  

Oh Brenda, I'm sorry you don't feel well. Please get better soon. Take care of yourself. Plenty of rest and fluids will help.

Morning Leenie

Well I am still up a pound on weigh in day :gr: DH came home last night and said "lets go out to eat" I knew that wasn't going to help my situation but went anyway. Oh well.............

Going to try and get some walking in this weekend if it doesn't rain everyday. Going to go to Blockbusters up the street and see if they have any Tae Boe videos for sale. I tried it once and couldn't follow it but thought I would give it another try. With the hot weather coming I would much rather do my exercising in the nice air conditioned house!

Also going to try and get hubby to go with me to check out some paint samples. I will take some pictures this weekend and post them so maybe you guys can give me some ideas. I am just stuck as to what color to paint. You will have to see the room to really understand.

Hope you all have a wonderful day....check in later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Morning Leenie!

Brenda - hope you feel better soon.

Jane - of all the classes that you can do at a gym, Tae Boe is always my favourite. Imagining things that you are kicking and punching is very therapeutic! Keep working away at it, eventually you will get all the moves. Actually, if you can take a class at a gym, that would really help to make sure you have the proper form.

I went with my landlady and her friend to this very ritzy gym yesterday. There I am, in my lovely grey jogging pants and old T-shirt, walking into a building like that looks like a super fancy hotel, huge chandalier and everything. It felt weird. Who ever feels underdressed going to a gym?? But this gym had everything supplied for you - shampoo, conditioner, soap, razors, and a million little rooms designed for so many various activities. You could easily spend much of the day there, just hanging out...the place was definitely a step up from the YMCA! But too expensive for my blood, but it was totally fun to go as a guest.

And I think I've pretty much cleared out my carb laden food - I'm finally getting around to re-starting induction and getting back on track.
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:12 AM   #5  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, ladies.

Leenie: Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Brenda: Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Jane: That pound, like all the others, will come off!

This is sad. I get completely excited if I stay OP for two days now! It used to be a given that I would be OP for months... Now, I can't believe it when I'm doing something that I should actually be doing. But, the good news is, I've been OP since last Friday (a WHOLE week), and it feels great!

A friend is having a BBQ tonight, but I'm not sure if I'm going to go or not... I just feel very anti-social. I'm not sure why... I just feel like hanging out by myself!

As for the rest of the weekend, nothing is really planned, but I'm a very last-minute person, so who knows what could happen! Hopefully, I'll get a lot of exercise in -- maybe some walks on the beach.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:16 AM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

Lekker: A fancy gym, huh? I think I'd be afraid to sweat in a place like that! Great job on clearing out the carbs and starting over!
Old 05-21-2004, 09:39 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoggmartin
A friend is having a BBQ tonight, but I'm not sure if I'm going to go or not... I just feel very anti-social. I'm not sure why... I just feel like hanging out by myself!
Jina, truthfully, do you feel anti social b/c its a bbq and you feel like you won't have fun b/c you can't eat the food? I'm asking b/c I do get that way, I get very down when there's a party and I know there will be goodies there.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:54 AM   #8  

Good Morning Everyone

Lennie: Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Brenda: Hope that you are feeling better soon. I had that crap 2 weeks ago, and still feeling a little of the effects. But only felt really bad for about a day! Plenty of rest and fluids should help you feel better!

Jane: That pesky little pound will be gone before you know it! Good luck with the Tae Boe. Hope you have a great weekend, and can decide on a color for your bedroom!

Leeker: Sounds like a really nice gym that you went to. Like jdogg I would also be afraid to sweat in that place Hope you have a great weekend!

Jdogg: Congrats on staying OP for an entire week! I am anti-social a lot, so I can relate. I just like having "me" time. Hope you ahve a great weekend whatever you decide to do!!!

Well, it's back to work today for me. I spent yesterday just really laying around taking it easy. Did go out to the nephews ball game for a while yesterday evening, but it was way to hot out and I didn't stay for the entire game! It's work today and tomorrow, and then we are leaving for the beach tomorrow afternoon. Me, hubby, and get this an old ex BF of mine are going. The ex bf happens to be my DH's best friend. We get along really good, and we only dated a few times over 16 years ago, so it's no biggie. He is recently divorced, and so he spends a lot of time at our house. We are planning on going out on the ocean fishing. Thinking this will probably be my last fishing trip for a while. Morning sickness hasn't hit yet, so hopeing I will do ok. Hope everyone has a great weekend, and I will check in later this afternoon when I get home!

Last edited by Mrs H; 05-21-2004 at 10:00 AM.
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:05 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Mrs H, I got morning sickness around the 2 - 3rd month, I never hurled but I was queezy alot, prob until I was 5 months, then I felt SOOO GOOD !!! I brought back that safety 1st monitor and I went with the Fisher Price one, OMG what a difference, I knew I should have followed my gut.

This is just my opinion but I really haven't had any luck with Safety1st or The First Years products (hint hint).

Brenda Feel Better

Lekker, glad you had fun at that gym, some times it is fun to see how the other 1/2 lives. I know I wouldn't be comfortable sweating w/a bunch of barbie's lol.

Jane, what room are you painting ?
Old 05-21-2004, 10:20 AM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morming ladies,
I am running late and off to work so I will have to do personals later, but I just wanted to wish you all a happy friday and weekend!!

Congrats to all the loosers and the OP stayers!!! GREAT JOB!!!
Hope everyone is in good health!!!

I too have been OP all week long and my tummy feels WAAAAAAAAY better! Yeah finally DS is over his cold so off to the gym I go!! Yipppeeeee
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:35 AM   #11  

Leenie: I am painting my master bedroom and bathroom. The two are really one big room......you will have to see the pictures to believe it!
Finally found a bed set that I love and made a gorgeous bedskirt to match...now just need to decide on the furniture and paint color. I really want something dark and sort of contemporary...not too funky...just clean lines. Have to get my dh to give up that stinkin brass bed! I hate that thing....it limits me so in furniture. I think I have him beaten down on that!

Mrs H: Have a wonderful weekend. Glad the morning sickness hasn't hit you. How has your eating been going with being pregnant and on Atkins? Did you figure out how you were going to handle this?

TG: You are a busy girl lately! Glad your ds is feeling better. Have fun at the gym.

Jina: I understand wanting some "me" time. Do you have a tiara? I understand that is a prerequisite for "me" time.

Lekker: A snooty gym Oh the possibilities!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:37 AM   #12  
Movin' and Losin'

Leenie: I'm not sure what it is... that could be part of it. Most of all, though, it's an overwhelming desire to not be around people... I just really don't know where it's coming from. Just one of those moods, I guess.

MrsH: Have fun fishing with DH and the ex! That sounds funny...

TG: Congrats on staying OP! Way to go!!

Jane: No, no tiara. I guess it's tiara shopping and "me" time tonight. Where does one find a tiara?
Old 05-21-2004, 10:55 AM   #13  

Jane: Haven't really decided how I am gonna stay on Atkins while pregnant. Gonna ask the Dr about it next week. I do know two things though: 1) I am NOT Going to gain back all of this weight i have lost, and 2) I am going to do what it best for the baby. I know i am going to have to start drinking juice and milk and more water, and laying off of the diet sodas. That's gonna be the hardest part. For now, I am having no cravings, so it's been pretty easy to stay OP and just add in a glass of juice/milk each morning. Just dreading the time when the cravings hit. All my best friend craved was krispy kreme doughnuts! Well, just thought I would pop in for a few before work...Have a great day everyone...it's off to work i go! grrrrrrrr

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 11:07 AM   #14  
Head Princess

Wa-hooooo! It's friday!!!!

Leenie - I hope you have a fabulous weekend

Brenda - get feeling better!

Jane - can't wait to see the pictures - I love consulting!!! And you're right, a tiara is requisite for alone time!

Julie - I feel that way any time I walk into a gym, so maybe a snooty one would suit me better

Jina - I get feeling that way sometimes, too. But sometimes I go anyway and have a blast. What ever you decide, have a good one! I happen to have a large stock of tiaras (go figure) want me to send you one? Actually, you can find really cute and not terribly expensive ones at Claire's or Icing.

Mrs H - Have fun with the ex and the current! Personally, it doesn't matter a bit to me who they are or were. As long as I've got a few men around to fetch things and perhaps do some heavy lifting, I'm happy

TG - Happy Friday! Glad the tummy's feeling better!

In the ongoing soap opera that is my life, my friend Tim (one I was being accused of messing around with) called me yesterday from the pub. He knows I watch CSI and since his wife worked graveyard last night, he wanted to know if he could come over and watch it with me (my DH is working swing). I'm thinking 'OMG do you think I have a death wish?' but he assured me that his wife was fine and actualy suggested it so he didn't have to be bored at home all by himself. So I ask him to bring me her work number so I can call and verify that all is fine. He hangs up come give me the number since I was in the pub across the street (chick that started the rumors was working at 'my' bar yesterday). Not 10 seconds after he hangs up, my phone starts ringing again and it's the pub again. So I pick up and said hello and got hung up on. THE HIT REDIAL TO CHECK!!!!

So that was annoying. I called Casey (Tim's wife) and verified that it was fine for him to watch CSI with me. It was. Then our friend Eric shows up. DH came home at around 11. So there I am surrounded by men who are perfectly willing to fetch and carry and generally do my bidding, swigging beer until 2:00 in the morning! OY! Don't ask how many beers I had - I couldn't tell you. I can tell you that 4 of us went through more than 30.

Eric ended up going home around 1:00. I went to bed at 2:00. Tim and DH stayed up watching WWE until god-knows-when. Maybe there's going to be rumors about them now

Anyway, full weekend ahead! I'm going dancing tonight (tart me up and out I go!). I'm going shooting tomorrow morning. And Sunday is Eric's step-daughter-to-be's 3rd birthday party.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh! I forgot to tell you! The was invited to the b-day party. I told Eric that I wasn't sure how comfortable I'd be with her there and that I'd show up, but if things started getting weird, I was going to leave. He told me not to worry about it. He's telling her that the party was cancelled so that none of us have to deal with her. I WIN I WIN I WIN!

Gloating is done now
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 01:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Jina - I feel anti-social myself a lot, but sometimes I force myself to go out, and usually end up having a good time. Some of my friends though don't always understand how important some 'alone time' is to me!

Mrs H - have fun fishing, and congrats on the baby!

Star - Gloat all you want! Gah, things are so complicated when you have to call to make sure it's okay to do something with a male friend, and organize events around other people to avoid conflict - I imagine it's quite frustrating. Although I do love reading the drama.

Hey Theo!

Jane - I love painting and doing some home renovation kind of things. I don't think I'm particularly good at it, but as long as it's fun...

As for the snooty gym, for the amount of money you pay per month, I was less-than-impressed with their choice of aerobics classes. There were hardly any. And there were dogs in the gym. Which I found...interesting. Never really seen that before. Of course, I was not as surprised by this as the time in Europe when I realized that there were dogs in the restaurants. I love dogs...but maybe not everywhere.

I'm going to see The Corporation tomorrow night...I hope it's good and worth sitting through 2.5 hours.
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote